test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Maintenance - Monday @ 7 a.m. Pacific Time

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We will be performing a brief maintenance on Monday morning at 7:00 a.m.

What time is that in my time zone?

The goal of this maintenance is to provide a round a fixes related to new issues that have recently been discovered. We hope to have the full list of patch notes ready by the time maintenance begins.

Thanks for your patience and support! We'll be doing our best to ensure that this maintenance completes as quickly as possible.

Patch notes are available here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=966991.

Update 1: Maintenance has started.
Update 2: Progress is going well.
Update 3: We're all done! Log in and play :)
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for letting us know Dez!

I'm loving the Fury of the Feywild but I am going to love it a lot more with some stability fixes. ;)

I greatly appreciate the hard work the development team has put in over the weekend to ensure the game is improved for everybody as quickly as possible!
  • yatashyatash Banned Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fix the boss hitboxes pls
  • xdeckarxdeckar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    when are you going to fix the foundry ?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    The foundry has been taken down for the time being. You can find more details about it in this thread. :)
  • strykurrstrykurr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this an alpha version? The beta I hear was a lot better with less problems. They also had the races with the classes! Even if there were a few problems with the new classes it would have been better then this mess. The graphics are broken, connection, foundries. etc. I have tested many betas from other games and never seen such a mess. Like I said the beta worked better.

Doubt this will stay on the forums... see a lot of editing lately.
  • labrecqueelabrecquee Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please fix dracolich the hitboxes are way to big and the dracolich wing flap goes over the whole arena k thnx
  • rylansmulerylansmule Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Aww guys....right in the middle of a public holiday in the UK.
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rylansmule wrote: »
    Aww guys....right in the middle of a public holiday in the UK.

"...brief maintenance" :p
  • amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    strykurr wrote: »
    Is this an alpha version? The beta I hear was a lot better with less problems. They also had the races with the classes! Even if there were a few problems with the new classes it would have been better then this mess. The graphics are broken, connection, foundries. etc. I have tested many betas from other games and never seen such a mess. Like I said the beta worked better.

Doubt this will stay on the forums... see a lot of editing lately.
    Any time an expansion is added to a pre-existing game, issues crop up. You can cry "why did you not test it!" but the truth of the situation is that the coding on the live server tends to differ from the preview server just a touch and sometimes this is enough to cause bugs that may or may not appear in testing. Not quite sure what you mean about having the races with the classes... because as far as beta went, we have all the races and classes that the beta testers were allowed to play with.

(And clearly, you did not touch the World of Warcraft beta, nor played it when it first came out. Nor after any expansion. There are ALWAYS unexpected issues when something gets implemented onto a live server from a testing server.)

Too long to read?
    Coding is a pain in the rear. Unless you could do the job flawlessly, give them some slack and just report any bug or oddity you come across with as much information as you can possibly give (from character class/race/type to the time the bug was encountered and what zone you were in). The more information you can give them, the easier it is for them to track down what went wrong.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hopefully this will fix the Graphics problem> fix to graphics problem(the change settings to 9e/11)> which causes crashes mid load of character screen> so that I can actually get on.

to see a BAD upgrade, check out the Champions forum and look for "A torrent of bugs" . That thread is the bugs from introing a new event with attached class. I think there were over 50 bugs on the list.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    Patch notes are available here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=966991. Thanks! Maintenance will begin shortly.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Farmlands map 1? WTH happened to Forest Looping Path 1 - which was the original bug report for excess trees?!?
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    Things are going well. We're performing internal checks now.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    amorra wrote: »
    You can cry "why did you not test it!" but the truth of the situation is that the coding on the live server tends to differ from the preview server just a touch and sometimes this is enough to cause bugs that may or may not appear in testing.

If live differs from preview in anything but the name -- then your deployment methodology is already broken.
    The fact is several of the bugs that went live WERE caught and reported on preview server (cf. Nightmare lockbox fiasco was reported at least four days before going live).
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    That's all the patch notes?
    My GWF has been made completely useless for pve with nerfs and a series of bugs... And that's all you guys are capable of doing?

A patch notes as disappointing as the patch last week
    #sigh
    edited August 2013
    Maintenance is now complete! Log in and play some Neverwinter!
This discussion has been closed.