test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Return to Neverwinter, or not?

cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,
I haven't really played Neverwinter in the last two months. I cannot decide if it is worth returning. I checked out the campaign, read some forum opinions, read patch notes. Is it worth investing anymore time in, currently?

The campaign is a decent start. But once it is complete, then what? Back to dungeon crawling? Back to glitching dungeons to skip to the end boss? Back to add fest dungeons...and possible wipes after an entire dungeon run that fails a group?

I love the game combat, graphics, lore, environments, mini dungeons, mobs and all. But is there enough substance worth devoting substantial time to? Or is that coming soon?
Post edited by cesmode8 on

Comments

• kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This game is awsome, I've played it every day since open beta. The new campaign is great, I think it will take a very long time to complete.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Come on back! The economy is a bit rough, but otherwise it's good fun.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You Definitely should make your triumphant return to Neverwinter. The game is better than ever, with the release of the new Feywild expansion things are better than ever.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Did they put in that NPC that will salvage epics into AD?
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yes, they did. The game is fun, but some of the old frustrations still exist, some new ones have been added. About half of the old exploits in dungeons are fixed, but some still remain. Right now I give the game a solid "C", it can get better with effort, but can even more easily slide down the grade scale if they don't start working very hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you enjoy the experience with no thought of the future... come back, play the expansion, then leave again.

If you will only enjoy it if you want confidence that you'll play continuously into the future, don't.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, they did. The game is fun, but some of the old frustrations still exist, some new ones have been added. About half of the old exploits in dungeons are fixed, but some still remain. Right now I give the game a solid "C", it can get better with effort, but can even more easily slide down the grade scale if they don't start working very hard.

Solid D is where is at .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    be warned though, there's no way to make ad ingame, if you try really hard you can get 20k with dailies and stuff. dungeon chest rewards are bound on pickup, almost everything is bound on pickup now actually. it's very depressing :|
  • kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    be warned though, there's no way to make ad ingame, if you try really hard you can get 20k with dailies and stuff. dungeon chest rewards are bound on pickup, almost everything is bound on pickup now actually. it's very depressing :|

Ignore this guy, I've made over 3 million AD this weekend alone.
  • tsiskwatsiskwa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been trying to decide on coming back or not as well. Honestly, the only reason I got fed up with and quit Neverwinter was because I hate the in game chat.

General chat was/is cluttered with spam of LFG and people selling things. Communication was/is impossible in General chat because of all that spam. I really wish they would make a separate channel for LFH and AH type chat so that it doesn't clutter up General chat to the point of it being near impossible to talk to other players.

Yeah, I know that all a player needs to do is join a guild and not even open General chat but, I have yet to see any guilds that aren't full of kids and immature players.

I am currently patching the game and going to jump in and give it a try. If for no other reason than for the foundry in game. I play with my 5 year old daughter as we just run around goofing off and exploring the hub city and non-dangerous areas (she's five). The foundry will allow me to create a lighthearted experience in game for her where she can play without worrying about seeing scary monsters and such. I'm think a zoo?

Anyways, even with a few things that I don't like about the game such as the inability to chat in the General chat and no real "open world" to explore, you have to unlock new areas, the game is probably worth giving another shot.

Yeah, the fact that you have to unlock new player areas is a real bugger for me. I like to explore and I am always a slow leveler since I have to play solo being that I am not in a guild.Being caged in the main city is a killer. But, I was pissed off with EQ2 for doing this same thing when they first started and the devs eventually learned that was a bad idea and they unlocked all areas.

Okay, patch is done. Jumping in and logging on my elf who can't use a bow. :/ (don't get me started on that game flaw.)
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Prices on everything are going up so it's probably true he making that much from drops.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kobrakai2 wrote: »
    I don't play with a PUG team, I play with the same people every day. And we do up to 10 runs a day which statistically means we should each get 2 drops. The drops are selling for over 2 million each in some cases. This is what people are doing at end game.

Sounds like h-e-double hockey sticks to me. Repetetive, boring content with the same people, day in day out. Oh, wait. That's the JOB I have. A game should never be a second job, no matter WHAT color glasses you look through.

Edit: To the OP, my personal opinion and answer is no. Find another game. This one stinks.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Play this game if you want, but theres not much to do outside of spending money on it and I would definitely advise against that now, the game is too unstable to spend any money on, the items you buy might drastically lower in value/get altered or, worse yet the game might just up and die in a few months at the rate its going.

i like the game's combat and foundry system a lot and am a dnd/neverwinter fan but this game is having bigger and bigger drawbacks to MY enjoyment.

Oh yeah check out this part of the forums:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths

Its where they move all the deleted/banned posts, if you want a real look at the state of the game, go here.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
  • nwntalonnwntalon Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To the OP, don't listen to anyone in the forums. Play if you want try out the new stuff. Don't play if you don't want to. Noone can tell you what your experience will be. If you only want leet loot, you probably won't have as much fun as if you just play for the experience of the game.
    Kildrak Gemviper - 60 GF
    Void Reaper - 60 CW
    Eliza Trickfoot - 60 TR
    Scarlet Maiden - 60 DC
    Timmy Orc-Bane - 60 GWF
    Ranger Jo - 20 HR
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I hate this game for so many reasons..
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just don't bother playing this. There's nothing special about it. Even the Foundry is overhyped, and not as good as the UGC systems for most online games that have them.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thanks. Pros and Cons. Love the combat, graphics, etc etc.

The AD costs are outrageous. Aside from the campaign, dungeon crawling would be all thats left.

I might just wait another few months.