test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The sense behind AH prices

danielvv1danielvv1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I haven't been able to decipher it yet. Always that I have a piece of equipment I THINK is worth something I look for similars in the AH and I see prices floating from ~100AD to ~100kAD, for exactly the same item. the only thing I've been "successful" at selling is profession materials, and that's more because people buy them in large loads than because I have a clue of what is a good price. is there any general consensus that I'm not grasping? is it as random as it seems and people basically sell stuff based in luck?
Post edited by danielvv1 on

Comments

• evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The expensive stuff won't sell. You have to understand that your typical person will gain 500 - 1500 AD per day from praying, and maybe will be able to finish a daily or two (+2000-3000 AD), and leveling is fast, so offering your fellow players to buy +2 pitiful loser's pants for 1 000 000 AD is funny, but not profitable, as the item won't sell. Epic items are different and may cost thousands of AD, since level 60 is a final stop and you won't outlevel this item.

Usually people are trying to cover the cost of obtaining/crafting/fusing the item and gain a bit of AD to fuel their efforts to gear up or buy a mount, companion, respec, etc.
  • danielvv1danielvv1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    actually I had level 60 blues in mind, not mid-level stuff, but I guess the idea is the same.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unless it's a L60 Blue belt whicha re typically better than the epic belts, most blue stuff won't sell unless it's really cheap.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    danielvv1 wrote: »
    actually I had level 60 blues in mind, not mid-level stuff, but I guess the idea is the same.

Level 60 blues are a mess right now. Its hard to gauge their value with all the recent changes. The price on epics are skyrocketing as supply is reduced. This trend would favor level 60 blues as a viable stepping stone for new 60s, increasing their value. However, they are dropping like candy at the moment. And any 60 paying any attention to the changes has most likely geared up in some fashion before the prices shot up. Driving down demand.

It will take a few weeks for things to get stable. But I expect the value on blue 60s will remain fairly marginal. By the time enough new fresh 60s start shopping for gear. The rapid drop rate will all but ensure total market glut. Over supply, with low demand equals near worthless. Belts and armor sets will most likely hold on to some minimal value the longest.
  • drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the AH's economy is based off buying zen and converting it to AD and pay-to-win. Thus you have the top tier items at unreachable prices and then all the lesser cheapo 'garbage gear' for non-pay-2-win players. Didn't you get the memo?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
  • veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who is going for pay $15-30 for a piece of armor? The prices in AH are insane even for P2W people.
  • drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    veramis wrote: »
    Who is going for pay $15-30 for a piece of armor? The prices in AH are insane even for P2W people.

i saw someone pay $4000 for a unique/one of a kind armor in a different game. people waste money. 15 is nothing to some people. thats why this system is so flawed, its pay2win or grind2gloom
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    And any 60 paying any attention to the changes has most likely geared up in some fashion before the prices shot up.

This. I bought cheap purple PvP gear for my now-60 DC and level 40 CW before it went bind-on-pickup, and I'm sure glad because now the stuff is expensive as all get out.

Also, this may not apply to the gear you're thinking of, but for a while there a lot of otherwise hard-to-get blue items were dropping from giftboxes, which crashed the market on them. This could benefit you, as you can snap them up cheap (like 300 AD) off the AH and flip them for profit in a few weeks after all the cheap ones have sold out. Aside from those, anything blue dropping from lockboxes will probably be cheap right now given the rush to open Nightmare Lockboxes right before Feywild came out. All this combined doesn't help the silliness on blue gear in general, because with some types of it being hugely abundant, the price on all of it is likely to stay down for a while -- even the stuff that's actually rarer.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The whole pricing structure has changed. Now, you can get blue drops in the Foundries easily as well as the dungeons, they are fairly common. They are basically gold generators. Extra purples can be gotten rid of in salvage for a higher price than in the AH quite often. Sell your greens and blues for gold. You can still use glory to generate AD by buying and salvaging glory items.
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ...., so offering your fellow players to buy +2 pitiful loser's pants for 1 000 000 AD is funny, but not profitable, as the item won't sell.

well said sir :D
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I wish PWE actually cared.
  • joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    AH workers want the T2 stuff to be atronomical as it should. I purchased my T2 Timeless set two days before Feywild, and paid near 2 mil for the set. I checked today and was glad to see the armor alone is now 1.4 mil AD. Work hard or pay a lot, those are your options. Blues are garbage at 60, but to answer your question, they may sell high due to transmuting. Each blue does have a unique skin, so do some research, and if it is a popular transmute item, it is going to sell for a lot more.
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    veramis wrote: »

Yep.

I really want the new spider companion, but I am not going to pay 2mill+ AD for it, same with some of the gear like you said that sells for more than it should.

On the other side, It annoys me when the price falls stupidly low because of undercutting.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Level 60 blues are a mess right now. Its hard to gauge their value with all the recent changes. The price on epics are skyrocketing as supply is reduced. This trend would favor level 60 blues as a viable stepping stone for new 60s, increasing their value. However, they are dropping like candy at the moment. And any 60 paying any attention to the changes has most likely geared up in some fashion before the prices shot up. Driving down demand.

It will take a few weeks for things to get stable. But I expect the value on blue 60s will remain fairly marginal. By the time enough new fresh 60s start shopping for gear. The rapid drop rate will all but ensure total market glut. Over supply, with low demand equals near worthless. Belts and armor sets will most likely hold on to some minimal value the longest.

Another issue that will take time to settle is the influx of AD. I would guess that a lot of people bought the Knight of the Feywild pack. IIRC every one of them got 600K AD. So item supply went down while at the same time many people got some extra to spend.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR