test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sharandar rewards (the quest)

marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
is the quest sharandar rewards broken? i click the campaign flag icon, then click view rewards section, then even view location of rewards, and the quest simply does not update/complete. what am i doing wrong? O.o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by marlz on

Comments

• ennsquaredennsquared Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah, same with one of my characters, tried abandoning and getting quest again still bugged
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's what happens when you rush an explansion which still has to be in beta .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heya,

Thanks for the report. Could you please provide more details and a couple of screenshots if possible?

Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My friend has some problems with English, so he asked me to post in his behalf.

He doesn't know if he opened the Campaign Window before starting the quest (causing some glitch?), but his quest isn't progressing too.
    Check screenshots below:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img29/1645/oyde.png
    http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4088/hm1e.png
    http://imageshack.us/a/img14/426/qh79.png

As you can see in the 3rd pic, the quest objective doesn't update to 'View Zone Reward' after opening the Campaign Window.

Tried:
    Abandoning the quest.
    Logging off.
    Logging on.
    Acquiring the quest.
    Opening the Campaign Window.

Result: Not progressing.

Character: zMeGooooN@noovinhoy
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After opening the campaign window you need to press the View Zone Rewards button, and then the Reward Locations button. You should get a message (like the one which tells you to open the campaign window) for both of these actions.
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    After opening the campaign window you need to press the View Zone Rewards button, and then the Reward Locations button. You should get a message (like the one which tells you to open the campaign window) for both of these actions.

None of that works Im afraid. Quest is bugged for me just like the OP and Ive clicked every button in the campaign window, simply doesnt work.

I assume the quest isnt an important one worth worrying about?
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yes, Cryptic staff, could you at least tell us what the consequences are for not being able to commplete this bugged quest? Is there a lot of content that we won't access because of this bug ?
    English is not my first language.
  • sabijacsabijac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Yes, Cryptic staff, could you at least tell us what the consequences are for not being able to commplete this bugged quest? Is there a lot of content that we won't access because of this bug ?

Was about to ask the same lol i got like 2-3 chars on my acc that have this qs bugged and half my guild ....
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This sounds a lot like the bug for "Upgrade or Purchase a Power" from early in the game, where under most circumstances the quest would not complete. They fixed it with the latest patch; if it's as similar as it sounds, it should be relatively easy to fix....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • lethrislethris Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    is the quest sharandar rewards broken? i click the campaign flag icon, then click view rewards section, then even view location of rewards, and the quest simply does not update/complete. what am i doing wrong? O.o

I'm having the same issue. here is a video of me trying, If it'll help

(Sorry for the low quality, I just wanted to upload somthing as quick as possable so the devs get an idea of whats happening. I can record a high quality one on request)
  • junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »

Nothing happens even if you follow the usual procedures.
    I've done this same quest with my two characters that are currently level 60 and it worked just fine.
    It just doesn't works for my friend's character, though. (Yeah, we even tried using my computer instead of his.)

I'm guessing it's some kind of once-a-time-trigger that was activated before acquiring the quest?
  • commanderkahlaincommanderkahlain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    junichirou wrote: »
    Nothing happens even if you follow the usual procedures.
    I'm guessing it's some kind of once-a-time-trigger that was activated before acquiring the quest?

I opened the Campaign and Rewards windows when I first logged in -- before I accepted the quest.

Anyone else do that?
  • lethrislethris Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I opened the Campaign and Rewards windows when I first logged in -- before I accepted the quest.

Anyone else do that?

Not me, the Campaign flag icon window thing didn't appear UNTIL I got the quest.
  • robobierobobie Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how do you even get the rewards button
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i don't even understand what your problems are. you need to do quests, get the seeds or whatever and with them you click the campaigns which you then can finish and update them to proceed the campaign. some of the campaign steps have to be done more than once to proceed which means more dailies to finish.
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    i don't even understand what your problems are. you need to do quests, get the seeds or whatever and with them you click the campaigns which you then can finish and update them to proceed the campaign. some of the campaign steps have to be done more than once to proceed which means more dailies to finish.

We understand that lol.

There was a quest on the first day that introduced you to the campaign window. When you opened the window for the first time a quest completed for most people but not us. I understand how the dailies work, been doing them fine, just annoying we have a bugged quest and nobody can tell us how to fix it or at least tell us its a meaningless quest that really doesnt matter which Im sure is the case.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I was able to complete it on an alt after going to the NPC, taking the quest and only then clicking the Campaign icon for the first time. Everything went fine.
    On my main though, I read the game anoouncements first, logged in, noticed the new icon, clicked it, and the quest was ruined beyond repair.
    English is not my first language.
  • lapexdlawlllapexdlawll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Alright guys, So what you're going to want to do is complete the quest To the Farthest Forest. You get it from the same person who gives you Sharandar Rewards sorry i don't remember her name.. But then when you're done you unlock Sharandar. Go back to the girl, get the quest Sharandar Rewards and it should be set now. Hopefully this helps all of you guys out.:)
  • gurkgurk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Alright guys, So what you're going to want to do is complete the quest To the Farthest Forest. You get it from the same person who gives you Sharandar Rewards sorry i don't remember her name.. But then when you're done you unlock Sharandar. Go back to the girl, get the quest Sharandar Rewards and it should be set now. Hopefully this helps all of you guys out.:)
    Doesn't work for me. Somewhat along the line i abandoned the quest and now it's broken. I have done all the seed daily quests and stuff but Sharandar Rewards won't update. Like shown in the video in post #11 nothing happens. I have tried everything. Campaign Window - Check, Rewards Button - Check. I can't complete Sharandar Rewards.
  • whitecanewhitecane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    in same boat with my cw :(
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thread closed for necromancy. if you're having this issue, please open a new thread in the bug reports forum or submit a report via in-game (h) or using the support ticketing system. thanks!
This discussion has been closed.