test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Swapping Skill Suggestion

leskinzo11leskinzo11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Since swapping skills is a pain in this game, and sometimes needed depending on what you're doing, why not create a hotkey that would swap between bars? It would be nice to have a system like the Dual Specialization system WoW has.

For example, let's say I was doing a dungeon during the Dungeon Delves event and then right after is the Arena Event, it would be lovely to go from my PvE Dungeon build to my PvP build without having to drag every individual spell/passive onto my bar one at a time.

You could even put a cast time on it and make it so you could only do it out of combat to limit exploits, I don't see any reason that a system like that isn't in this game :/.
Post edited by leskinzo11 on

Comments

• Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    leskinzo11 wrote: »
    Since swapping skills is a pain in this game, and sometimes needed depending on what you're doing, why not create a hotkey that would swap between bars? It would be nice to have a system like the Dual Specialization system WoW has.

For example, let's say I was doing a dungeon during the Dungeon Delves event and then right after is the Arena Event, it would be lovely to go from my PvE Dungeon build to my PvP build without having to drag every individual spell/passive onto my bar one at a time.

You could even put a cast time on it and make it so you could only do it out of combat to limit exploits, I don't see any reason that a system like that isn't in this game :/.

Agreed 100%. This would be a minor ckvenience change that would simple make things better for all.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I know right :/
  • Options
    prettyboysetaprettyboyseta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    love the idea since that's how I also run in other MMOs but I'm concerned on how it'll affect the mechanics of the game...since I'm no number cruncher I could only assume that if this is implemented, everyone can now use all of their powers in one rotation, unless of course there's a limit/penalty to the powers we could use after switching bars, or something? for me personally, it's a good challenge to master which rotation to use in every dungeon or even in pvp and this limitation is what sets this game apart
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Did you even read what i wrote xDD?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Did you even read what i wrote xDD?

yes I did, but you quoted your self with my handle on it :D anyway, I think I phrased want I wanted to say poorly, and I did miss the part 'out of combat'. I just think what sets this game apart from other MMOs is the limitation of the powers we could use at a time
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Haha, new to the forum my bad :P.

I think you're mistaking what I'm talking about. Your original skills you put points into would stay the exact same, it would just change them out for other powers. Like for a Control Wizard. They must go from AoE builds to single target damaging builds before bosses and it's a pain in the ***.

This would not give you access to other powers/feats you didn't choose before. It would just swap out abilities depending on the situation all at once instead of wasting time slowly dragging them on one by one. There is no limitation because players can do it without the type of system, it would just be easier :/.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Haha, new to the forum my bad :P.

I think you're mistaking what I'm talking about. Your original skills you put points into would stay the exact same, it would just change them out for other powers. Like for a Control Wizard. They must go from AoE builds to single target damaging builds before bosses and it's a pain in the ***.

This would not give you access to other powers/feats you didn't choose before. It would just swap out abilities depending on the situation all at once instead of wasting time slowly dragging them on one by one. There is no limitation because players can do it without the type of system, it would just be easier :/.

right, what I missed was the part you said on exploit. I also have a CW and I do switch from AP regen to single target set up when needed and I do find a feature like a skill bar swap command a nice addition to the game.
    what I had in mind earlier was, if like in other MMOs, we have access to all our powers, to be able to cast all of them in one rotation (ie cast 6 different encounters easily), because we can swap skill bars without limit, how would it affect the unique mechanic of this game? I simply think running with a single power set-up at a time is a good challenge and is what sets Neverwinter apart from other MMOs.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    this and the ability to change initial ability points with respec are two very basic features of any similar game. There is NO excuse whatsoever to not have these features.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    this and the ability to change initial ability points with respec are two very basic features of any similar game. There is NO excuse whatsoever to not have these features.

except perhaps...selling the feature for zen...;)
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It would be stupid as hell for them to even think of charging zen for that feature.