test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bronzewood enchantment... BiS for Protector/tanky builds???

frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I've been testing this enchant in preview and just made a perfect one in the live server to store it, and the mark every mob you hit mechanic is awesome, also, ignoring defense (16% in perfect version) allows you to avoid stacking ArP and really makes it for the lack of damage addition...

What do you guys think? hidden gem on the Expansion?
Post edited by frarii on

Comments

• kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why would you not stack ArPen. It lowers damage resistance, which should stack with ArPen. Basically it adds a flat % to damage. It even stacks with a regualar mark, and does not go away when you are hit. It says it can happen more than once every 20 seconds (per target), but it lasts I think 10 seconds. It's pretty good and relatively inexpensive right now, because people haven't figured it out yet.

Anyone sure how Terror works? It actually says 5/10/15% defense, not damage resistance. I assume it would work like Plaguefires and Student of the Sword. SotS says 45% defense, but actually adds 15% damage (5 per stack). Even when armor is not reduced to 0, it works this way. I know because I used it on myself when it was bugged with Restoring Strike and one stack made me take exactly 5% more damage.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    He's talking about the Bronzewood, not the Terror enchant.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, he knows, just added terror to conversation, im testing the perfect one and im seriously thinking on switching from lifedrinker to this, i love having all the mobs in the room marked
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    does mark disappears if they hit you? (does the mark works like normal gf mark?)

off topic
    have you tried tranquil defense enchant how does it works and how long is its cd?
    edited August 2013
    The mark from Bronzewood does not disappear when hit, and it stacks with regular mark. I am not sure if there is any extra threat attached to it other than the extra damage.

Sorry about the confusion. I was wondering how much damage terror/plaguefire adds in comparison to Bronzewood.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2013
    the tranquil is the best ever i think ... stack 4 Greater is my goal now
    for 250 for lesser i assume gonna be about 550 for normal and about 850+ for greater...perfect could be about 1.100x4 /if they proc at same time / = 4400 heal/chance per hit which is something something.The more tanky you are the more hits you take so the better chance you have to heal so i think this is the new op. Just imagine

Havent seen more then lesser so the numbers are related to the vorpal ranking ... i think they are not far from the real ones.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    for 250 for lesser i assume gonna be about 550 for normal and about 850+ for greater...perfect could be about 1.100x4 /if they proc at same time / = 4400 heal/chance per hit which is something something.The more tanky you are the more hits you take so the better chance you have to heal so i think this is the new op. Just imagine

Havent seen more then lesser so the numbers are related to the vorpal ranking ... i think they are not far from the real ones.

If the healingstones have an ItCD, then they don't use a lot. Even if it more than 20s!
  • th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Does the mark on that enchantment work with powerful challenege GWF fighter feat to deal 15% more damage to marked target?
    edited August 2013
    yeah, also triggers with enhaced threat, i just switched to perfect in live server, and i will stick to it for a long time i guess...

Tranquil is the response to tenes, defense slot, no perfects (only greater, like tenes) and 784 hp per tic, so about 6k everytime it procs, and procs about every 20 seconds, like the tenes... so instead of nerfing tenes, they gave new shiny thingies... makes sense.
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    yeah, also triggers with enhaced threat, i just switched to perfect in live server, and i will stick to it for a long time i guess...

Tranquil is the response to tenes, defense slot, no perfects (only greater, like tenes) and 784 hp per tic, so about 6k everytime it procs, and procs about every 20 seconds, like the tenes... so instead of nerfing tenes, they gave new shiny thingies... makes sense.

You are sure about the 784hp !? So i could do my calculations .,..
    edited August 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    Does the mark on that enchantment work with powerful challenege GWF fighter feat to deal 15% more damage to marked target?

Powerful Challenge does not affect the enchant mark. The enchant mark is a separate debuff. It will stack with regular mark.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You are sure about the 784hp !? So i could do my calculations .,..

Greater is 734
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Maybe for PvP, even then I am not too sure. But for PvE LifeSteal is still way better. No internal cooldown, 10% Lifesteal on 5x target of WMS animation cancellation is just awesome.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
    edited August 2013
    Ok, after a couple of CNs and a couple of MCs with perfect bronzewood enchant... im sure is the best enchant i've ever run in this game (vorpal, lightning, holy avg, lifedrinker) i feel its OP as hell, but not for everybody... you just get the agro from everything you touch, to the point of no other member in the party gets a single hit, the agro it generates (with enforced threat) and the AP generation it causes is almost impossible to manage... but man, what a joy! pure tankiness!!! seriously, the game for CWs and DCs becomes Easy mode, the price of this enchant will raise greatly, good job Criptyc
  • veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Frarii, I took up greater bronzewood based on your suggestion. I like it better than lifedrinker. Would you say it's worth it to go perfect for the difference in graphics? Can you explain how it looks, or if you are on beholder may I see it?
    edited August 2013
    Well, the perfect one is cheap right now, and glooms in green so it looks great, if you PvP the extra % on defense ignored will do wonders, but if you only do PvE and you ArP is good enough is just overkill, anyway its fun huh? ;)
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i will love to see comparison between GPF, Terror, and bronzewood to see which one gives more Damage% at the end (expecting GPF is fixed since currently is giving 9% of extra damage and not 15% with 3 stacks)
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Frarii, yes I like the aggro because I'm tactician turtle build. Suicidal sometimes in MC or CN though.
  • hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Tranquil's are trash! I run 3x Greater they seem to not work IMO. No tests but common sense shows they are not doing their job!

Also you cannot make a perfect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Tranquil's are trash! I run 3x Greater they seem to not work IMO. No tests but common sense shows they are not doing their job!

Also you cannot make a perfect

This.

They are not working properly. At least not like Tenebrous. I spent 10 full minutes getting hit by 4 enemies while wearing 6 Greater Tranquil enchants and had it proc somewhere in the ballpark of 40 times in around 2000 strikes on me (or 2%) Each time it only gave 734 hitpoints (or, the value of 1 enchant, not 6)
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i will love to see comparison between GPF, Terror, and bronzewood to see which one gives more Damage% at the end (expecting GPF is fixed since currently is giving 9% of extra damage and not 15% with 3 stacks)
    On the paper i thing GPF is outclassed by other 2 in PVP, and in PVP people don't stand alone let u hit them. PVE wise GPF remain the best weapon enchant for a GF.
    I personally would go with Bronzewood combine with high Arpen u can do very sustain dmg and u don't need to stack power to hit big number, as a matter of fact i dislike stacking power since u always need to use shield to block cc and dmg skill which drop your power rating naturally.
  • gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2013
    There are perhaps a few flaws in bronzewood enchantment that should be pointed out.

-The marking only applies itself "after" the target is hit by an encounter and loses out on its benefits. This is unlike the mark on enforced threat in which it applies itself beforehand, thus gaining the 10% damage boost.

-The amount of targets you can successfully mark are limited by your encounter target limit. The only 2 aoe encounters gf's have are enforced threat and frontline surge, meaning a total of 8-9 potential targets can be marked. But realistically, you're likely to hit the same target twice unless you painstakingly go out of your way to do otherwise.

-20 second cooldown with a 10 second uptime means 50% activation uptime at best, but once again, realistically, you're probably looking at less.

As far as bronzewood being able to hold aggro, I see it as rather moot considering how is easy it is to get aggro once attacking any given enemy. The issue has more so been getting aggro from enemies that were not in range or unaffected by aoe's due to target limit. This is where lightning enchantments come in handy as its arc will go out of the way to hit anything within football field's radius.

Another thing to take into consideration is that a gf's main source of dmg comes from cleave. A series of quick, medium-low damage aoe attacks that synergize with lightning incredibly well.

At this point and time, I'd consider Bronzewood to be the best bang-for-your-buck enchantment for a gf, but probably not the best. On the other hand, for pvp, that might be another story entirely.
    edited September 2013
    Well i only can talk about my gaming experience, i switched back to GPF (not because i like it better, but because now CWs are not running GPF anymore, so the debuff is kinda better for parties) i still have the perfect bronze in bank, and the game you play with bronze and with another enchant are 2 different games, its just not the same, GPF is nice, bronzewood is hardcore gaming, you just NEVER lose any agro running bronzewood, you can, under some circumstances, lose some agro with GPF... still, you cannot go wrong with either...

Lightning is the best pure DPS one... but it agroes random thingies... i discarded it after trying just 2 dungeons... but can be fun.
  • gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2013
    Frarii, I'd go back to bronzewood simply cause plague fire is bugged at the moment and the debuff only stacks once despite PF dmg stacking to 3. The dev team is aware of the bug apparently, but god only knows how long it will take before they decide to fix it, if ever.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    looking at terror enchant and looking at GPF with 1 stack... i dont think GPF will ever be fixed.