test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR are Simply Ridiculous in PVP

freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Why is it a good design decision to allow TR to do such a high amount of damage at range while also being able to use an ability that makes them virtually immune to damage? Oh, and you can't CC them either.

Impossible to Catch - You break free from most control effects, and for several seconds you Deflect all incoming attacks and are immune to further control effects.
Stealth: You become completely untouchable to your enemies, dodging their attacks and receiving no damage.

Cloud of Steel - Toss a barrage of blades at your target, dealing medium damage. The longer you flurry a single target, the more damage Cloud of Steel will inflict.

This one is critting for 4k. Since it hits so quickly it is doing an insane amount of damage.

Courage Breaker - Shatter your enemy's courage, slowing their movement speed and lowering their attack damage dramatically. This effect goes through control immunities. Damage lowered by 30/60/90%.

Is 90% damage reduction really a great design decision? So, I can't CC the TR and if I try to fight him at all -90% damage if he has a daily up? I guess I'll just die then.

I am not even talking about the silly, "Hi I'm damaging you while being invisible," or the absurd high damage crits on opening strikes.

Something needs to be done about balanced damage in PVP. The way that I see it is there needs to be a weakness for TR. If they can do great damage at range and even more at melee, where is the balance?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    TR supposedly sacrifice defense to gain damage, but in this game he has an immune that is the best defense I can imagine ... The nerf in LA actually turned a buff for PvP as TR was not good before.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A well-geared TR is my biggest challenge as a CW. There's no way around it. If I can survive all of his opening Encounters, I have a chance. Otherwise, it's respawn time.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TR is a nightmare on my CW. Only moderately irritating on my GF unless it's 2v1 or they have a CW backing them up. Before the nerf, GWF's were also very good vs TRs.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • chewdog888chewdog888 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    I dont have a problem with rogues on my guardian. They run away from me.

Maybe the class your playing is not the one for you. Maybe you should play a rogue :)
    Gold Spam / NW-DN9QMNKZS
    Bojangles the Rat / NW-DHCBHZKIT
    Flower Ninja / DW-DSKWY24OE
    :p I make comedy foundrys :p
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    As a CW, I might as well just AFK if the enemy has even one TR in Domination.

There is absolutely no way that I'm going to be able to defend a node against a TR or attack one defended by a TR.

Over 4k on crits from a RANGED at-will while being immune to CC and/or nerfing my damage by 90%.
  • pipetstebepipetstebe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe your just playing your CW wrong because I've got owned by many CW in PvP or you just dont have a PvP spec. TR's have 8 CoS charges now get hit by 2 dodge and 2 miss get hit by 2 more and dodge and the last 2 charges miss there goes the 8 CoS charges. If your trying to defend a node common sense a TR comes to the node then pop's into stealth wait for a bit and judge where he is then dodge more then most he's going to open with LB if not DS and you can just push him back. I mean come on guys its not that hard to get a TR off you.
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    pipetstebe wrote: »
    Maybe your just playing your CW wrong because I've got owned by many CW in PvP or you just dont have a PvP spec. TR's have 8 CoS charges now get hit by 2 dodge and 2 miss get hit by 2 more and dodge and the last 2 charges miss there goes the 8 CoS charges. If your trying to defend a node common sense a TR comes to the node then pop's into stealth wait for a bit and judge where he is then dodge more then most he's going to open with LB if not DS and you can just push him back. I mean come on guys its not that hard to get a TR off you.

Then I guess we are both doing it wrong.
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    As a CW, I might as well just AFK if the enemy has even one TR in Domination.

There is absolutely no way that I'm going to be able to defend a node against a TR or attack one defended by a TR.

Over 4k on crits from a RANGED at-will while being immune to CC and/or nerfing my damage by 90%.

You clearly haven't played TR yourself. Nobody uses Courage Breaker, Most don't even invest points in it. I have 2 points in it and only because i needed to use those extra points somewhere. Also its not Cloud of Steel that hits you with 4k, it's Impact shot which is an encounter and has 3 charges. Cloud of Steel approximately deals between 600-900 on the first hit with reasonably geared rogue and if he stays still and keeps throwing daggers that damage grows. Also, majority of good TRs don't even use other damaging encounters except lashing blade which has pretty long cooldown and is pretty easy to dodge. Sure shadow strike deals damage but its nothing in pvp. It's only used as an utility skill to refill stealth. Next Impossible to Catch, it has also rather long cooldown and doesn't last very long. CW's are actually right now on par with burst damage in pvp with rogues. If you're having trouble you might want to check your class specific forums for tips etc, before shouting out that another class needs balancing. Currently everything is fine with the exception of gwfs unstoppable issues and some sort of issues with dcs. Also guardian fighters do abit too much dmg but I don't have my own gf @60 yet so can't say for sure.
  • shadowstriker29shadowstriker29 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now u like it?they fcked up all characters..its useless..because of your pvp the dungeons is nightmare..the most of groups is fail now..because of rediculous nerfs!
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    spicen wrote: »
    Also its not Cloud of Steel that hits you with 4k, it's Impact shot which is an encounter and has 3 charges. Cloud of Steel approximately deals between 600-900 on the first hit with reasonably geared rogue and if he stays still and keeps throwing daggers that damage grows. Also, majority of good TRs don't even use other damaging encounters except lashing blade which has pretty long cooldown and is pretty easy to dodge.

Cloud of Steel does do a significant amount of damage, easily 4k. Impact shot on the other hand, I can personally hit over 14k with it.
    The majority of TR's with the exception of perma-stealth do use more damaging encounters than simply lashing blade.
    If you encounter a TR that only uses lashing and knives as damage then well, that's not a very good way to play.

---

All the complaining about TRs and it's simply a learn-to-play issue.
    People join PvP and die to some well-geared TRs then automatically go complain about it instead of bettering themselves.
    There are countless strategies for each class to beat a TR- all you have to do is find them.

Although I realize this post won't mean anything, because the people complaining will just say some insult about me being a TR :)
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • uncleratunclerat Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    Cloud of Steel does do a significant amount of damage, easily 4k. Impact shot on the other hand, I can personally hit over 14k with it.
    The majority of TR's with the exception of perma-stealth do use more damaging encounters than simply lashing blade.
    If you encounter a TR that only uses lashing and knives as damage then well, that's not a very good way to play.

It's funny you say perma-stealth is not a good way to play.
    In PvP I use only LB as damage encounter (at wills GC and CoS), and pretty much the same at PvE (DF instead of CoS).
    Except for really hard time killing GF's, I pretty much never die. On dungeons I find myself always the last one alive, clearing bosses alone, sometimes without even using pots.

You are correct though that the main problem is people not learning how to play right.
    Before I looked in the forums my skills points where all over the place, I didn't use the passive skills at all, and I didn't know how to counter anything. Few minutes reading and I'm way better now, and I don't even have good gear except for my blades.
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    unclerat wrote: »
    It's funny you say perma-stealth is not a good way to play.
    In PvP I use only LB as damage encounter (at wills GC and CoS), and pretty much the same at PvE (DF instead of CoS).
    Except for really hard time killing GF's, I pretty much never die. On dungeons I find myself always the last one alive, clearing bosses alone, sometimes without even using pots.

You are correct though that the main problem is people not learning how to play right.
    Before I looked in the forums my skills points where all over the place, I didn't use the passive skills at all, and I didn't know how to counter anything. Few minutes reading and I'm way better now, and I don't even have good gear except for my blades.

I never said perma-stealth is a bad way to play.
    I was referring to the rogues that ONLY use lashing and knives with no real strategy except to hit with lashing then run and use knives until they can lashing again.

And yeah, all pvp really takes is knowledge of the game.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • rabbituprabbitup Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No class is really unbeatable, but some have an unfair advantage. Why do TR get a bonus to all encounters while in stealth in the first place? You are already invisible, you have Combat Advantage and you can position yourself better to surprise enemies and give them almost no time to dodge, it's stupid that you also get improved versions of all your encounters, giving you no reason to attack while visible. Cleric's Divinity does the same, but doesn't turn them invisible.
  • icopanevicopanev Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TR is class with a little defences, the RUINED TR and the class is useless in PVP and PVE!
    stupid developers!
  • icopanevicopanev Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TR is useless in PVP and PVE
    developers riuned this class... no more money for perfectworld from me, the loose me forever
    i am whaiting for Elder Scrolls online
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, but when I play my 11 K GS support cleric with full T2 set in PvP, I feel like a bad player, having more death then kills, scoring lowest, not able to keep my team alive.

If I play my rogue in PvP-gear with 9 K GS, I feel like the overlord of PvP, godmother of l33tness (tm), r0xx0r in pure form. I realy not want to know what I would be if my rogue had the same equip as my cleric. It would be like a god slaghtering sheeps.

Any rogue that dare to complain about their effictiness in PvP/PvE should simply shut up. They never played a devoted cleric. Otherwise, they would be glad to acutally play a rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I completely agree with the creator of this thread.

It's time to wake up and be realistic.

…. Or, how about we add some rogues in PVE too? An instance with only rogues stealthing around killing from stealth. Sounds like a fun instance!
  • blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zokir wrote: »

All the complaining about TRs and it's simply a learn-to-play issue.
    People join PvP and die to some well-geared TRs then automatically go complain about it instead of bettering themselves.
    There are countless strategies for each class to beat a TR- all you have to do is find them.

Although I realize this post won't mean anything, because the people complaining will just say some insult about me being a TR :)

Because getting hit by 31k followed by 28k from the same rogue on my 32kHP guardian is a sign that i really should learn to play ,right? RIGHT?
    and this is with a full tank set, im not in timeless, so high defense and high deflect...
    please, i understand that you guys dont want your class to be nerfed, but you have to admit that even with the nerfs you are still too overpower in pvp...
    But i dont want anymore nerfs on any class, even rogues..
    because as a tank, i need rogues to do DPS on the bosses , and all the pvp cry is crippling the pve part of the game..
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    blindsyn1 wrote: »
    Because getting hit by 31k followed by 28k from the same rogue on my 32kHP guardian is a sign that i really should learn to play ,right? RIGHT?
    and this is with a full tank set, im not in timeless, so high defense and high deflect...
    please, i understand that you guys dont want your class to be nerfed, but you have to admit that even with the nerfs you are still too overpower in pvp...
    But i dont want anymore nerfs on any class, even rogues..
    because as a tank, i need rogues to do DPS on the bosses , and all the pvp cry is crippling the pve part of the game..
    Have a screenshot for me? And btw, most GFs i face in pvp can destroy me in 3 hits with their bull charge, frontline surge, lunging strike-combo. Also i have yet to see over 10k crit from lashing blade to a well geared GF and keep in mind i have full battlefield skulkers and ancient weapons with vorpal weapon enchant. 2.4k arp. So tell me, how did that rogue do such enormous amount of damage?
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    spicen wrote: »
    So tell me, how did that rogue do such enormous amount of damage?

Because his GF is made of plastic.
  • oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    icopanev wrote: »
    TR is useless in PVP and PVE
    developers riuned this class... no more money for perfectworld from me, the loose me forever
    i am whaiting for Elder Scrolls online

This is really funny in a thread about how OP Rogues are....IMHO Rogues are fine. I can still shred with mine in both PvP and PvE and I can still shred them with my other characters. Fact.