test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unstoppable bug

cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
After the 08/22/2013 patch, unstoppable will exit when you temp hp are consumed, even if you still have plenty of determination left. This is particularly troubling in cc heavy fights, where you get cc'ed constantly even after you tab your unstoppable. The best place to test is to fight the golems in frozen heart, their aoe + konckback will consume your temp hp AND knock you back while your determination bar is still at 30-40%. It basically makes dungeon runs 10x more difficult and frustrated.

This bug / or a similar bug was reported in the preview forum about a week ago, and a combat designer went into the thread and told us they found the cause of the bug and fixed it. IT IS NOT FIXED.
Post edited by cheapjing on

Comments

• pandorath6pandorath6 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not only that but I have also noticed that we can be dazed while unstoppable now. The current state of unstoppable needs an immediate hotfix.
  • cileoncileon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I cannot start the thread so I will just post my problem here, this being the newest unstoppable-related one.

After using the re-spec token earlier today, I cannot use this ability at all. The tab-power slot is empty, and I cannot drag unstoppable from the 'powers' window into it.

Just like that, that power cannot be used anymore for me. It's huge and game-breaking.
  • cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow, the signature skill of GWF got bugged big time, and there is no one to report it / reply / respond? I sure pick the wrong class as my main.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, is that what happens. I was unstoppable and I keep getting knocked down, knocked back and all that fun stuff. I was also doing the whirling blades and boss knocked me down right away. I didn't think I could be CC'd during that time.
  • blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF unstoppable is working in reverse.... have beend testing this for 2 days always with the same results..
    We are losing Unstoppable when the Temp.HP ends....

It should be the other way around, we should lose HP when unstoppable ends, not losing Unstoppable when HP ends while still having 50% of the determination bar full
  • shareenahshareenah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I so agree, not sure they know what they are doing anymore other than ruining what was a good game. fix this please asap !!!!
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just another bug, when my GWF is dazed I can activate unstoppable but I still remain dazed, not sure how it is supposed to be working. I would think that it should act as a CC remover...
  • basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah they have just nerfed it bigtime if it is a nerf.. you also use a lot more determination after activating it yes?

okey they nerfed slam that was a pain in the *** but pls roll unstopable back to its previous state..

i have GWF as my main but i am not going to play it a lot anymore because its no fun at all.

The GWF was having problems already before nerf to get in top 3 DPS in epic dungeons.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • booyquakebooyquake Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bump.

Most important fix in the game atm imo.

GWF unplayable.
  • battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bump on a side note whatever happened to
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Hi,

So following up on Unstoppable ending early.

I found a bug that was causing it, and it will get fixed.
    Essentially things that could normally build Determination (while not using Unstoppable) were causing it to drain faster.

This was definitely not an intended change, so thanks everyone for bringing it up.

if you know about the bug please hotfix this it's important because this main skill is def broken atm
    im gonna keep this up top for as long as i have to till someone acknowledges and fixes this horrendous ordeal it renders the class nearly unplayable.

it also seems to last only 6.5 seconds from activation tested in trade of blades with full determination
    edited August 2013
    for prosterity
  • basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i agree it is most certain broken. time ran out really quick and it deactivate long time before the determination bar is empty.. but i think they dont care. Theres has been minimum response to the all the bugs people have in this new patch ABSOLUT!!!!!
    edited August 2013
    during non combat, a full bar det lasts about 8 sec; during some occasions in combat, it drans way faster than it should, and unstoppable lasts 4-5 sec MAX. This is not even due to temp hp being consumed, it just drain faster than normal in some cases. I dont know how they fck it up so bad that the signature skill of GWF is broken in so many levels. This should hotfix faster than the nightmare mount BS since this affects ALL gwf gameplay big time; it renders the class almost nonplayable in cc heavy pve fights, and turns us into a target dummy in pvp. I have not played a single gvg pvp after this bug, since there is no pt, you just get kncok out of your unstoppable the moment you receive dmg from a TR. Just a hotfix turning it back to former style, and work on fix the temp hp issue if it is complicated and takes a long time. What really disappointed me is there is no acknowledgement of the issue, and no responds on whether it is being work on or not, or even if this is working as intended (in which case, i think i will quit the game for sure).

Anyway, enough rant! Peace out!
    edited August 2013
    cheapjing wrote: »
    during non combat, a full bar det lasts about 8 sec; during some occasions in combat, it drans way faster than it should, and unstoppable lasts 4-5 sec MAX. This is not even due to temp hp being consumed, it just drain faster than normal in some cases. I dont know how they fck it up so bad that the signature skill of GWF is broken in so many levels. This should hotfix faster than the nightmare mount BS since this affects ALL gwf gameplay big time; it renders the class almost nonplayable in cc heavy pve fights, and turns us into a target dummy in pvp. I have not played a single gvg pvp after this bug, since there is no pt, you just get kncok out of your unstoppable the moment you receive dmg from a TR. Just a hotfix turning it back to former style, and work on fix the temp hp issue if it is complicated and takes a long time. What really disappointed me is there is no acknowledgement of the issue, and no responds on whether it is being work on or not, or even if this is working as intended (in which case, i think i will quit the game for sure).

Anyway, enough rant! Peace out!
    oh there was a response but nothing was done about it and yes if your temp hp runs out unstoppable stops guaranteed go round up some mobs get full determination let them whack you hit unstoppable and watch your hp the second your temp hp depletes unstoppable ends every time it barely last 2 seconds against a CW in pvp also no it doesnt last 8 seconds i have timed it run a stop watch if you have too very simple from beginnning of animation to shrinking i got 6.5 once and then 6.8 the other time.
    also i have noticed sometimes it depletes the top and lower bar together.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Feeling the nerf. 3rd place during skirmish was typical, but last time I got last below the cleric.
    edited August 2013
    still no hotfix
    edited August 2013
    Per preview patch note, they are fixing it. in preview the bug seems to have been fixed. Will keep on top of this bug to make sure it is fixed.