test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trickster Rogues.

thirardthirard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So, the only mobility attack was taken away in the patch....Jumping and throwing the knife. No rogues have zero mobility. They cannot do much of anything in PvP. They can run to catch a flag, hide, then cap and repeat. They can't hurt anything anymore.

What is the point of a rogue if they can't move around?
Yes they nerfed the damage, which I am ok with. But they nerfed their only mobilty. Not only that, knife throw is reduced to 8.....their only move to hit all the other classes when chasing is now down.

Now the big question. Are mages suppose to be able to move around while casting spells? No.

Rogues have become a squishy tank. Tanks are suppose to stand there and walk run around in PvP. Not be able to juggle a person till they die. They are suppose to block and stay alive and stand around. Rogues have now taken over this role. Except, they can't block and stay alive. When attacking, they cannot chase, they cannot hit.

Now, if rogues are given a buff of 20% more movement speed, then there would be no complaints. But we all know that's never going to happen.

Why is it that a GF can block while moving? Yet a rogue, who is suppose to be good at moving around, cannot even achieve an attack while moving forwards. Lame? Underpowered much?

Lets go to wizards. Rogue walks up to it. they blink taking no damage. Rogue runs to it, they blink again no damage dealt. All in this time, they are able to unleash death upon the rogue. Rogues have become a waste of space, waste of time, and in all honesty, the game has become a waste of time. No one wants a rogue in their groups, pvp's or much of anything. They lack all the essential parts to being fundamentally useful in any situation or group.

Either give rogues their mobility while attacking, 20% more movement speed, more rolls, more of just anything to get next to a unit.....or the game becomes useless for rogues and many people will start leaving the game.
Post edited by thirard on

Comments

• Options
    ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have the same problem.I suck so much in pvp and i always try to find an excuse for this.Game sux,CW are overpower,GF are overpower,DC are overpower because they can heal,why cant we use machines guns instead of the stupid knives etc.
  • Options
    surefirevenomsurefirevenom Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When will you people understand this game is still a baby, its young, PWE arent perfect, but they have a lot to improve on.
  • Options
    snoophogsnoophog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When will you people understand this game is still a baby, its young, PWE arent perfect, but they have a lot to improve on.

not as far as TR's, if anything id say they are about balanced. one hit me yesterday and I actually had time to do 2 encounters before I died. PROGRESS!
  • Options
    swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2013
    Can you not fall and use throwing knives anymore ? or jump and use throwing knives ?

If so that's a ****ing huge nerf, and why did they do it?
  • Options
    snoophogsnoophog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    swift231 wrote: »
    Can you not fall and use throwing knives anymore ? or jump and use throwing knives ?

If so that's a ****ing huge nerf, and why did they do it?

because you could basically infinite kite while capping a point?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    All attacks cause players to root.
    The only exception to that was when rogues jumped while using Cloud of Steel.

That was a bug fix. Not a nerf. :)
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where can we read that all attacks cause players to root? Im not a op TR.. so that just means that now im useless :/
    Everywhere else i see rogues jumping and trowing knifes...

Anyways if it was a bug fix... i think 4 months is quite a bit to fix it. The "fix" should be listed on the patch notes tho.
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    In my opinion the meele At-wills should be used on the move. Look at this video of loki (rogue) in another action game. With this change the rogues would not be obliged to use knives all the time to do damage sustained.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9eICmRRRmc
  • Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All attacks cause players to root.
    The only exception to that was when rogues jumped while using Cloud of Steel.

That was a bug fix. Not a nerf. :)

you guys do know that you can still jump + attack right? I feel like this whole thread is exaggerating this particuular nerf. TR's are far from useless. And btw it was not a bug. All they did was remove the momentum build up from jump cos as compared to standing cos. Can you explain to me how that is a bug being fixed, as the same thing that was done before can still be done now?
  • Options
    dantteidanttei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    Using CoS and jump kiting other melee classes was the only means of not getting stomped, prone and stuck locked into oblivion. As a class that's the most squishiest, next to CW's (extra dodges), having our mobility taken away is beyond idiotic.
  • Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    danttei wrote: »
    Using CoS and jump kiting other melee classes was the only means of not getting stomped, prone and stuck locked into oblivion. As a class that's the most squishiest, next to CW's (extra dodges), having our mobility taken away is beyond idiotic.

you can still jump + attack, that was not taken away....you jus lost some of the damage u got with it. No nerf to mobility was done with this. Sigh, are you even playing TR? Cant you try that out yourself?
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thirard wrote: »
    They cannot do much of anything in PvP.
    They can't hurt anything anymore.
    their only move to hit all the other classes when chasing is now down.
    No one wants a rogue in their groups, pvp's or much of anything. They lack all the essential parts to being fundamentally useful in any situation or group.

Ok this post can be answered with one word: no.

I really waited for the CoS nerf (12 -> 8) but was unaware of the mobility change. It feels a bit hard when I was used to move while doing it, but now I have to learn to play (which you could try as well), not cry on the forums.
    thirard wrote: »
    Lets go to wizards. Rogue walks up to it. they blink taking no damage. Rogue runs to it, they blink again no damage dealt.

Ok I don't even start. If that is your strategy for beating CW's, of course you lose. You just said it yourself: you move, they move; you make no damage and they make some.

Moving and positioning are the keys.

Oh but I forgot you didn't want to learn the new play style because your favourite skill's potential was reduced.
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you can still jump + attack, that was not taken away....you jus lost some of the damage u got with it. No nerf to mobility was done with this. Sigh, are you even playing TR? Cant you try that out yourself?

And for this one, there actually is a mobility nerf. Your momentum is cut to zero while you throw a knife in the air. The character falls on the spot where the knife was thrown, not on the spot it would land with the momentum it has.

Not realistic physics-wise, but it was their fix for the damage stacking abuse.
  • Options
    anakins79anakins79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why this topic is still open? Really guys before talking about TR here, play ->learn->improve. (otherwise see some videos on youtube).The only "nerf" it's on "perma-stealth int rogue build" with luker assault at 20%+useless teleport(in that build can be useless) and CoS nerf BUT it's still playble as well. the other build(dps TR) on pvp it's still powerfull because the others classes(not GF) have been nerfed.So 2 questions for you cry-TR:

1)What's kind of build do you have?perma stealth i hope but you havent that build...
    ....2)Do you cry because you cant kill a mage?Pathetic and shame for the others TR's.
    improve your game it's the key because this topic,like i said before, no reason to exist.

3)If you READ the forum otherwise only cry you can find some improvements to the next patch for TR's(so the perma-stealth build will be again great and we can use new builds)http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?419211-New-paragon-paths
    enjoy

P.S. i play and write now with one hand...because the right hand it's broken for 30 days...and i still kill mages easy...
  • Options
    drenchkatdrenchkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait wait wait wait.... your telling me I cant be the only class that can cast unrooted, run/jump, and cause lots of damage...??!?! WTF!!! I NEED my easy button!! Next thing your going to tell me is that I actually have to have skill to play my class... If that nerf ever comes about im totally going to stop playing this free game...!

Suck it up, learn to play, and if you cant then please stop playing the class. Create something else so that my rogue can PWN all of the lesser players out there :P