test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request/Suggestion to Make all classes equally appealing for dungeons

germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Let me start by admitting that I have not scoured the forums to check if this is a repost or if this issue has been addressed enough. I am sure many have posted to express their frustration regarding the class system in-game being broken, because a few classes are more appealing than others for completing dungeons. But here is my two cents' worth on these issues.
I play a GWF in-game on Beholder (IGN- DemonSyde) - not a great one, but enough usually to get by, or hold my own in a few dungeons. What I have noticed, as have many others, is that most players feel GWFs are completely unnecessary for dungeons. In zone chats, most invites seem to request for CWs, TRs and DCs, with the odd call for a GF. When I do get an invite, some players ask me if I can be the tank - although, I can be decent enough tanking with the PvP set (yea, oddly enough, I find the PvP set great for small-time tanking thanks to the HP boosts), I do not see that as my primary role for this class. I was under the impression that GWfs were off tanks but with good AoE. But now with the Slam and Unstoppable nerfs, not sure how far a GWF can get any game time.
So a couple of suggestions for the devs (in case it has not already been addressed in the upcoming patches) to try to make all classes equally appealing:
  1. Give party buffs for having a perfect party (one of each class) in dungeons. I know a few other games that have this system. I am sure this seems like a suggestion to mimic other games, but it is worthwhile and will go a long way to keep all classes alive in the game.
  2. Reduce difficulty levels when in perfect parties by about 10%. This allows a perfect party to complete dungeons quicker, making them far more appealing than rolling with purely CWs, TRs and DCs.
  3. Give perfect parties better rewards, such as drops or end-game loot in the DD chests.
  4. I see that TRs and a few other classes have some proximity buffs. Not sure (since I have never noticed this) if GWFs provide any stat buff in proximity. Would be great to give GWFs a chance with some proximity buffs
You may implement one or more of these to keep other classes alive longer in the games. Else, you will soon see classes disappearing and the class system broken very soon in the game.
Post edited by germmaniac on

Comments

• Options
    germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    :confused: Close to 90 views and no replies. Has this topic been discussed to death already? Was hoping to start a healthy discussion that would also catch the attention of the devs and help with future content/fixes. If you guys know of some pre-existing awesome threads where this can be continued, feel free to point out. Cheers.
  • Options
    captkickasscaptkickass Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i'd be very happy if dungeon groups formed from the Queue system would only start when there is one of each class (your perfect group).

i do like your suggestions for possibly toning down the dungeon difficulty for these types of groups, 10% seems reasonable.
  • Options
    nicomadoxnicomadox Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the perfect party idea sound good .