test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dracolich fight in Castle Never is bugged to the point of unplayability after patch.

keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok, so I just went for my first CN run after the patch, I'm a TR with exp in over 25 runs of draco so far. Everything went pretty much normally until the draco fight, but that's where the problems come in. So everyone who's been in CN before knows draco's frontal cone lightning storm attack, and his huge aoe attack. He also has other attacks but these 2 were the ones that were bugged. So I go in and start to dps, and he does his aoe attack, I pop impossible to catch (gives CC immunity and deflect all attacks, if used from stealth CC immunity and dodge all attacks), ItC goes on like normal, but the aoe sends me flying in the air to the edge, like it does if you dont dodge it or use any CC immunity. I tried this multiple times and it happened every time. Previously with ItC you just got shoved back a tiny bit and you stayed on the ground, now it's like you never used it at all. Except you deflected/dodged the attack.

That was a minor bug compared to this next one, which makes the fight practically impossible for any character staying within melee range of draco. His frontal cone attack, (the lightning one which he does always right at the start of the fight) is completely bugged. I was standing 3 meters behind draco when he used his lightning attack and I got hit by it and died, this happened more than 5 times and after that our party quit the fight knowing that it was impossible. The CW's also told that they got hit by the lightning attack multiple times when clearly standing a good two to three meters from the red area. Previously you could stay right under draco when he used his attack and it would not hit you. Now if you're anywhere close to him you're pretty much dead, the red zones are way off of where the attack radius actually is. No I wasn't lagging at least noticeably and all of my other party members had the same problem.

I didn't see any mention of this in the patch notes, and even if it was mentioned this would still be an epic fail since the red zones are so off. CN is basically unplayable except maybe in a party where a cw does the boss dps and stays at the edge. I have no idea how the devs can possibly fail this ****ing hard. Yea I'm mad don't even ask...
No longer playing NW
Post edited by keltz0r on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why are you running CN? New Shalandar weapons are more powerful.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not for rogue's at least the ones that are on zone rewards page, same dmg same amount of stats but they don't give 2 set bonus like CN weapons.
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    tonyvincenttonyvincent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As Keltz0r said, the beam-attack and AoE are bugged. You get hit even if you are far away from the red circles, and I mean far away.
    (I was in the same party >.<)
    And the weapons... as I have seen the CN weapons still are the best, but I don't know what Malabog's Castle gives.
    164814-albums6114-picture99368.png
    |Aizu Wallenstein|
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    keltz0r wrote: »
    Not for rogue's at least the ones that are on zone rewards page, same dmg same amount of stats but they don't give 2 set bonus like CN weapons.

New Malabog set daggers give +450 crit like the Ancient weapons do, and also have better base stats (and recov instead of deflect).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ah ok, I haven't seen them then yet, ty for info
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just did CN right now. 2x DC, 2xCW, 1xTR.

At least, four bugs discovered:

1. Wing flap: has a larger and sometimes random area far greater than the red marked aoe. To the point it can almost cover the whole room. The only way to avoid damage and knockback is to make sure you dodge at the last moment so the CC-immunity carries you past it.

2. Linear dragon breath: this is amazingly bugged. It seems to almost guarantee hitting at least one person in the group NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE in the room. Sometimes it seems to act like a cone attack around the long straight red mark it creates so that it will often wipe out most of a group who think they are easily out of range by a few meters. The only way I have found to guarantee mitigating the attack is to be inside an Astral Shield at the time or be dodging. Otherwise, you have to pray that by moving quickly and far away from the breath at least you are at least not hit by the "invisible cone" attack.

3. Hands ("Mirrored Daze")and dragon spit: both of these seem to be far more frequent than before. This seems especially the case if there are no melee characters to be attack by Draco's paw swipe.

4. Frozen boss: sometimes the boss will just appear completely frozen (literally nothing moving at all on him) and also not attacking. You almost think you are lagging, except you know you are not because all other parts of the fight, other members and movements in the room continue and there is no rush of attacks afterwards or you being hit by attacks etc.

I honestly have no idea what is going on.

Even with my (positively) bugged Miracle Healer DC set and the other 12k non-MH DC both spamming Astral Shields and maximum healing, the two CW and defensive-playing TR kept dying on every single try except the final 5th one when they learned to adapt...

I would be extremely wary taking anyone without a lot of exp. into Draco now and for some (maybe most) groups 2x DCs may be the only way to complete it until every single person who runs CN regularly either gets used to it or they fix the bugs.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »

I would be extremely wary taking anyone without a lot of exp. into Draco now and for some (maybe most) groups 2x DCs may be the only way to complete it until every single person who runs CN either gets used to it or they fix the bugs.

Yeah, I wouldn't run this at all with that description. Even with experienced CN players, seems too bugged to do.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seeing as they have draco as a reused asset in the new dungeons, its probably overlapping with the new mechanics with the currect draco
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Just did CN right now. 2x DC, 2xCW, 1xTR.

At least, four bugs discovered:

1. Wing flap: has a larger and sometimes random area far greater than the red marked aoe. To the point it can almost cover the whole room. The only way to avoid damage and knockback is to make sure you dodge at the last moment so the CC-immunity carries you past it.

2. Linear dragon breath: this is amazingly bugged. It seems to almost guarantee hitting at least one person in the group NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE in the room. Sometimes it seems to act like a cone attack around the long straight red mark it creates so that it will often wipe out most of a group who think they are easily out of range by a few meters. The only way I have found to guarantee mitigating the attack is to be inside an Astral Shield at the time or be dodging. Otherwise, you have to pray that by moving quickly and far away from the breath at least you are at least not hit by the "invisible cone" attack.

3. Hands ("Mirrored Daze")and dragon spit: both of these seem to be far more frequent than before. This seems especially the case if there are no melee characters to be attack by Draco's paw swipe.

4. Frozen boss: sometimes the boss will just appear completely frozen (literally nothing moving at all on him) and also not attacking. You almost think you are lagging, except you know you are not because all other parts of the fight, other members and movements in the room continue and there is no rush of attacks afterwards or you being hit by attacks etc.

I honestly have no idea what is going on.

Even with my (positively) bugged Miracle Healer DC set and the other 12k non-MH DC both spamming Astral Shields and maximum healing, the two CW and defensive-playing TR kept dying on every single try except the final 5th one when they learned to adapt...

I would be extremely wary taking anyone without a lot of exp. into Draco now and for some (maybe most) groups 2x DCs may be the only way to complete it until every single person who runs CN regularly either gets used to it or they fix the bugs.

Same bugs as you experienced. Was able to take him down after some adapting w/ 3 cw, 1 tr, 1 dc. Just absolutely no standing still which makes the fight a little more hectic and time consuming :/
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No more CN farming :D. You wanted more challangeing dungeons, you have one now. No GF or GWF will set foot in CN from now on :D
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i like it now, rogues are no longer the highest dps and tank all in one. bring a guardian or gwf. did CN fine using them. take gf/tr/dc/cwx2 instead and im sure you will manage. (i used 2x gwf)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i'm sure most decently geared GF/GWF could tank all that bug with ease.

come on fighters, it's our shift now.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No problems here...we've run it several times since patch.

• Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    Why are you running CN? New Shalandar weapons are more powerful.

What game are you playing?
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For Dc fomorian weapon are totaly worthless. Yes, they give neice power and critical strike, but give 133 recovery and armor pen -.- is that a joke? why the hell you gived as armor pen if you nerfed 1 of the best move we have? And, if you notice, you won't drop the weapon but the material for craft it so you have to use a lot of AD or Zen for get the asset ( yes, the weapon can migth come out whitout sock ). So, Cn weapon are till way 100 time better then crappy fomorian for my DC play stile ^^ Thx to god, i have full set yet
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well, the AoE of the wings is not guardable, even if you block, 9 times out of 10 the attack ignores the block (like it ignores itc) but i find the fight funnier now :D

also, the cone attacks forward and behind draco, not in the sides, so you can dodge the cone AoE easily.

And i did my best crit ever in that last run :D (169980, not bad for a GF :P)
  • Options
    dsaegerdsaeger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Our guild is taking a forced break from CN until this is fixed. Hopefully it won't take to long.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    And i did my best crit ever in that last run :D (169980, not bad for a GF :P)

You love my CW's buffs, admit it!

But yeah, I don't think I will be running CN on anything other than CW, nor as often. It's just too risky for a PuG group to fail a run at the moment.

That said, either the bugs are really random or the minor patch fixed some of them (especially the Hands frequency) since yesterday because the bugs do not all appear in every run.
  • Options
    bishop1123bishop1123 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Protector GF, 2 CWs, Rogue and DC can run in easily. Even with those buggs.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah just went in with a party of TR 3x CW and DC and we did it just fine. Just have to be really paranoid about the breath attack since it will randomly hit you and remember to dodge at the right time for the aoe to avoid dmg and knockback. The TR dps is a bit less now though because of 1. duelist's flurry bleed nerf 2. you cant even maintain a regular bleed because dpsing during breath attacks is unwise, and especially when hands come up its hard to get the timing perfectly every time.
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sharandar weapons are piece of junk... WHEN you get them... most of the time, you get blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I don't even bother selling on the AH, I just discard them...

After enjoying every aspect of the game before that thursday patch of shame, I am thinking about quitting, and drop my few millions AD I have no use for... Who want to play 30mn per day and have nothing to do between these "daily" quest of nothing... I regret so much that expansion... and I won't give another dime...

Now my goal is to ruin the economy as much as I can by low-balling every price in the AH until you fix that blue **** drop... Oh yeah, and exploit like the nightmare, I am gonna use too...

Congratulations... your greed has ruined the game.
  • Options
    technocytetechnocyte Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Karrundax also has some similar issues with the final boss, though its obviously a lot easier of a boss.