test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Imp to Catch - bugged or nerfed?

usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in The Thieves' Den
ITs either bugged or stealth nerfed.. no longer immune to knockback.
Post edited by usernumber999 on

Comments

• Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    Has to be a bug, it was not in the patch notes or Cryptic's excuse will be, "it was not working correctly as intended" because they don't want to fix it... Either way I think we may be stuck with it. This is basically a ninja nerf to give other classes a way to gap us. Once other classes figure out how to defend using this we will be bounced around the PvP arena like rag dolls with no survivability. I'm not spending any more time on my rogue, they've been nerfed to the floor. Basically all Cryptic succeeded in doing with this patch is shortening their hold on my wallet. I'm jumping ship soon.
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    noticed a lot of situations where it is not working.
  • Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    been getting bumped around a lot myself, hope its a bug that will be addressed
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ItC does not provide immunity to Flourish's stun either.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    wyznmurlwyznmurl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stalesmoke wrote: »
    noticed a lot of situations where it is not working.

I've notcied the same thing! There have been many times where the ability is used and the cool down starts but ItC is never activated. This has not happened prior to feywild. Anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wyznmurl wrote: »
    I've notcied the same thing! There have been many times where the ability is used and the cool down starts but ItC is never activated. This has not happened prior to feywild. Anyone else noticed this?

this happens to me all the time, even before feywild. Might be a problem with lag but i normally get knocked down as i cast the skill, i the effect isnt activated and i goes to cd :(
  • Options
    dantteidanttei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    this happens to me all the time, even before feywild. Might be a problem with lag but i normally get knocked down as i cast the skill, i the effect isnt activated and i goes to cd :(

Not sure what your ping is for this game, but I get around 300 - 400, but this happened post patch a lot and I do think it comes down to lag. I've popped ItC just before being stun locked or prone, it 'activates' and is on CD but you don't get your immunity.

Since patch you can clearly activate ItC, have that black shroud around you and still get stunned or prone.

It has to be a bug.
  • Options
    twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I noticed that I'm not immune to knockback of the Karrundax's fireballs and his wings attack.
    It seems to work fine against Rimfire Golems and Hrimnir icy attacks.

It also doesn't work against Vallindra's strangulate even if it triggers its cooldown.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i'm getting stunned in smoke bombs... what is this? :(
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been getting entangled and stunned while in ItC/stealth....Seems broken to me =/
  • Options
    concubinesconcubines Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same here.
  • Options
    kitsunekonkitsunekon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I noticed this happening to me as well, its not working properly at all. :(
  • Options
    riftizdeadriftizdead Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2013
    And instead of fixing it, crytic decided to ignore it and worked on the ****ing mindless summer fest event......really ?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't worry, Cryptic will be sure to nerf the Clerics again to resolve this issue.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    noticed the same while pvping today with flourish
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just hand an instance where I used impossible to catch. Nothing was hitting me, on me at all. I used it, and it didnt even trigger, and the ability went on cooldown.
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yes i noticed that prob as well.

please everyone submit bug report and post in bug thread.

and dev , please acknowledge what is going on here
  • Options
    wyznmurlwyznmurl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This has been happening alot to me during pvp with ItC going on cooldown without really activating. There is also an issue with certain CC move's reseting my Duelist fury even when im out-of-stealth ItC'd.

For example: I activate ItC from stealth and begin duelist fury. I get hit by a rogue's dazing strike after the 2nd hit of my duelist fury which resets my count back to zero making my next duelist strike the 1st opening strike.

There's also an issue with stealth being stuck at 99%. These issues are worst than any of the purposeful nerfs on TR's lately and I hope they're officially acknowledged soon.
  • Options
    astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I came to the forums to investigate a little more of this when a guildie suggested that it was the same issue as the Unstoppable bug. From reading this, I think it might not be. Watch a little closer, Unstoppable bugs with certainty when we activate it at or about the same instant as any CC function. If this is the case, then it has bled into other classes.

It may be an issue that they are 'tweaking' crowd control. What really is that definition by the devs encyclopedia? I can tell you for a fact any prone is not included, never has for a GWF. Anything else yes - so far. Bottom line, from our vantage point, whatever can be done to make casters stronger will be.

I also find it curious that its since feywild. Unstoppable issue has been around since beta - so makes me think its not the same, just similar.

My rogue rarely uses ITC, so cant say too much. I play her like my gwf, in your face and killing you much more my play style. Of course, it means i rarely notice rogue nerfs on her. ;)
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    seems like its more related to the steal time issue with CW's. if cast immediately after teleport, same thing happens, goes on cooldown with no effect.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    This is being investigated. Thank you for your reports. If I get an update on its status I will try to reply here.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Here are few glitches related to ItC that always happens:

-Some skills, such as GWF's flourish and AoE's stun/daze of elites(e.g.thorns) and bosses(e.g.the one in Arcane Reservoir) in Sharandar, ignores ItC's cc immunity. It means TRs still get stunned/dazed by those skills while ItC is on.

-Activating ItC and getting hit by cc skills (knock back, prone, etc.) at the same time will put ItC on cooldown with no effect. This one exists before the release of Sharandar.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    QA was unable to reproduce the issue, however that does not mean it does not exist. Sometimes things like this can happen depending on how the server received them so its possible for you to activate the power at the same time as receiving a stun and it looks like your power went off on your client, but you were stunned. Not that this is always the case here.

Does this happen when it has been active for at least a second? Are there specific powers that this seems to happen frequently to or successfully prevents? Bonus points to anyone who uploads a video of it happening and posts their combat log.
  • Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    QA was unable to reproduce the issue, however that does not mean it does not exist. Sometimes things like this can happen depending on how the server received them so its possible for you to activate the power at the same time as receiving a stun and it looks like your power went off on your client, but you were stunned. Not that this is always the case here.

Does this happen when it has been active for at least a second? Are there specific powers that this seems to happen frequently to or successfully prevents? Bonus points to anyone who uploads a video of it happening and posts their combat log.

I will load the log and find a kind GF and GWF to kill me in pvp and report my results back here.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I believe the only time I found Impossible to Catch not negating CC is when a Great Weapon Fighter uses Flourish feated with Stunning Flourish, an Instigator 2nd Tier Paragon Feat. I noticed the stun was only activated on the last hit so I've been thinking that this may be the case. Impossible to Catch also doesn't seem to be negating knockback from sources like the Devoted Cleric's Hammer of Fate, and a dragon's wing blast.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I believe the only time I found Impossible to Catch not negating CC is when a Great Weapon Fighter uses Flourish feated with Stunning Flourish, an Instigator 2nd Tier Paragon Feat. I noticed the stun was only activated on the last hit so I've been thinking that this may be the case. Impossible to Catch also doesn't seem to be negating knockback from sources like the Devoted Cleric's Hammer of Fate, and a dragon's wing blast.

OOO! good callouts, those specific powers may not be correctly tagged which could be the real issue. I'll have people investigate those, thanks!
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Glad to be of assistance somehow! We're looking forward to seeing the patch notes for next week. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just got a fix for these and it does indeed appear to be on a per power basis that needs to be correctly tagged as a control power to allow immunity/resistance granting powers proper immunity/resistance.

If you see or find any other powers that go through where you should be resistant to you or a such as a Guardian Fighter's block please post the power that caused it here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?489661-Control-Immunity-still-bugged-and-Client-Server-synchronisation-still-bad

Thanks!