test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you Cryptic Studios!

timmo1988timmo1988 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Thank you guys for providing a fun game. You guys don't get the thanks you deserve. Everytime I come to these forums, 90% of the threads are people complaining. About 70% of those complaints come from people expecting Neverwinter's launch to have as much content as WoW does NOW. As someone whose making their own video game, I understand the issues you guys go through and how much work you have to put into making content for your game.

Before the new patch, because of the low quality of my graphics card, I got texture glitches, like the runes around campsites appearing as glowing red and white ribbons and so on. Now I can see such textures, mainly the warning circles and thus making it much easier to dodge, and I'm thankful for that. I'm also thankful for finally being able to make my Drow in the game.

Also, I know this is a good MMO since my friend, who HATES MMO's and believes all of them are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, tried this game and he's as addicted to it as I am.

So, I thank those at Cryptic Studios. A thanks they deserve but seem to never get.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Usually, my way to thank em is to simply log into their game. Otherwise, i could just quit and think myself 'what a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game!', instead, im still here, like many others, enjoying the game, much like those haters who say the game is uber <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and still play it. *giggles*
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I think Cryptic does an exceptional job putting together games that I can play at my leisure - a coffee-break from whatever else I happen to be doing. I can log in, do my thing, and feel like I have a measure of acceptable progress. On top of that, the gameplay is generally engaging and has a good amount of high moments to balance out the low ones.

For whatever else they end up doing that frustrates me, I'd be lying if I didn't say I keep all three of their current games installed just for those periods of time where my ADD decides it's tired of the rote measure of my usual activities and needs a break before it dives back in full-force.

The only problem I have is how littered with wasted potential their games end up, and while lamentable, it's not something that kills my enjoyment too much. It does bug me, though, and I keep hoping that one day they can get the funding they need to bring their games up to the level I know they can hit if they could get the focus/manpower to do so.

To the moderation team... Love you guys. You have the worst job in the game and the least recognition for it when you do it well. o7 Stay frosty, gents.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    levittlevitt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bugged skills, bugged items, bugged graphic etc... indeed, thank you Cryptic Studios !!!!
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I honestly, don't like it, when people complain about the game, I actually think it is a fun game and that it shouldn't be ruined by bunch of unskilled players. I love the new update, even though it has a few bugs. :)
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    timmo1988 wrote: »
    ..... Everytime I come to these forums, 90% of the threads are people complaining........

there is a reason for that.

and by the way, this thread is in that percentage too.
    edited August 2013
    12 crashes to desktop since update in 6 or so hours of play. prior to update 2 crashes to desktop since the mmo's beginning of time, I can only guess at hours played but yeah it's many many x 6. Yes thank you for the quality work.
  • Options
    levittlevitt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it shouldn't be ruined by bunch of unskilled players.

so if you are skilled gamer then you can avoid bugged skills, bugged graphic, bugged items etc ? Please write more, make my day
  • Options
    minxybumminxybum Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »

hahahahha #1 so right
  • Options
    hdman44thhdman44th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like this game too. It gets a little discouraging on the forums, but I realize that most folks don't post or whine on the forums...
    The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
    Dante Alighieri
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OMG, this game is so awesome!!! Especially that part yesterday morning where they let exploiters keep 20+ Nightmare mounts when other people had spent $200+ on keys and still never received one. Even better is how much effort they're putting into censoring all discussion of the incident on their forums.

Neverwinter Rulez!
  • Options
    vaffanchtulhuvaffanchtulhu Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The OP is clearly trolling.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »

Because it is an MMO and in every one there is a loud 5% that spend more time on the forums complaining then playing(where the other 95% are). I don't understand why they don't leave and find something they like. They always think they are a majority and everyone agrees; when that is far from true. Curious critters they are.

All games have bugs, and complaints and criticism is needed, but the doomsayers need to just move on.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Neverwinter got me back into playing PC video games after a 5-year hiatus and is the first MMO I've ever played. I love the thing. That's why I report the bugs (even the little ones) when I spot them and complain occasionally when stuff (like certain nerfs) makes no sense -- because I really enjoy the game and want to help it get even better.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    LOL, great thread to sticky.

Never mind the exploits and bugs, or the frequent crashes to desktop since the patch. OH yeah, you guys are doing a great job. Keep censoring the forum and introducing new bugs!

Yes, this game is fun. Yes, I enjoy it too. There is a time to congratulate a company for a job well done and there is a time to hold them to task for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up monumentally.

This is the latter, not the former. I don't tell someone what a great job they are doing after a colossal **** up at work, do you? In fact, sometimes I might even have to fire them.

So yes, the game is fun, there are a lot of things right with it. That does not excuse the unwillingness to fix what is wrong with it. Most specifically botters and exploiters that cheapen and minimize the accomplishments of honest players.