test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't they get class balance right?

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Every time they so a big balance it seems they just screw it up more

Is it that hard??? I mean really.

Highest dps class now is CW which also offers the invaluable control for endless adds in dungeons.. For pve this class now dominates all by a massive margin..

When you thought GWF couldn't get any worse for pve.. Well they have... Now has the worst dps of any class but a DC.. Has also lost most its ability to tank in pve..can't dps can't tank?? Class is dead

Gf now have very high single target dps...has a mmo ever had the tank class with dps like this? Another mistake..

Tr ability to perm stealth still hasn't been addressed...

Unstoppable now has more bugs than before is almost useless now

Cryptic the masters of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up games

Gratz
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• Options
    concubinesconcubines Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...but they added a moose with moss on it.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And they nerfed DC just to make sure the GWFs could feel better about themselves.
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Is it that hard??? I mean really.

Yes, it is. And I mean really. If you sit down and think for a minute about it, you should realize.
    Oh, you are too busy crying on the forums I see.

//edit stupid typo
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    because they are'nt all that concerned with class balance..

if you really read the patch notes carefully, most of the nerfs were to PVE, programmatically nerfing damage across the board

their priorities are slow down progression, limit player refined AD income (BoP DD), and sell more zen
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    metaplexus wrote: »
    Yes, it is. And I mean really. If you sit down and think for a minute about it, you should realize.

//edit stupid typo

I agree it's hard, but second that it's absurd to nerf a class's single-target daily so that it deals less damage than an AoE encounter power.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF can still chain stun-lock, and it hurts (Roar-Take Down-Flourish is brutal). I'm just glad Sentinels can finally go down.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    metaplexus wrote: »

//edit stupid typo

Apparently its not that hard if the community has tons of proposed fixes for classes that they are trying to do. They are simply just not looking at them.
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    These whiners are asking for TR massive nerf, now the TR got it, GF now is the main single dpser... What's the role of TR now!?
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    What's the role of TR now!?
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. So dumb. You are wrong...and dumb....and dumb. :-)
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. So dumb. You are wrong...and dumb....and dumb. :-)

What's wrong? GF have very high single damage now and at the same time they can also tank, making them more worthy than TR.
    TR = High single damage
    GF = High single damage + Tank
    What's the role of TR then?

I've seen a lot of GWF and GF out damaging the TR in boss fights after the LA nerf.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These whiners are asking for TR massive nerf, now the TR got it, GF now is the main single dpser... What's the role of TR now!?

This is EXACTLY what I said would happen when they nerf TR.

Lets see if I can find that post I made back when this was first mentioned. I said it.

Now people are going to be complaining about GF's in pvp. And GF's are going to be doing more damage than Rogue's now.

Oh and Control Wizards will be the new top dps, in addition to them being the controllers.
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF can still chain stun-lock, and it hurts (Roar-Take Down-Flourish is brutal). I'm just glad Sentinels can finally go down.

And how exactly these help a supposedly AoE dps class ? Roar is mostly utility, take down and Flourish are single target skills.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sortof wrote: »
    And how exactly these help a supposedly AoE dps class ? Roar is mostly utility, take down and Flourish are single target skills.

I was talking about PVP. PVE... yeah, Slam nerf hurts.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    ugarthugarth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Couple thoughts:

The best rogues out there still own the meters (at least in my experience). This probably doesn't jive well with the newbie or undergeared rogues out there but I think the potential to perform well is still within the class design.

CWs do a lot of damage but that is mostly due to poor dungeon design. Many many adds = lots of damage. Cut down on those, make smaller sized, but stronger, mob packs that need to be CC'd and you would see their damage fall considerably.

Class balance isn't just about the skills and class design, but about the environment in which they operate.

Edit: referring to what I see in PvE here. I don't play the PvP in this game.
  • Options
    nichivonichivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    What's the role of TR now!?

The same as it has always been, go into pvp skulk around picking off weak players with burst dmg till daily is finally charged, go use daily and make someone rage quit, try and recharge daily again while picking off the wounded or unaware, rinse repeat till more nerf whines threads fill up forums.

If you meant in PVE... I ugh dunno! Hang out at bar with GWF and wait for the dungeoneers to return with interesting tails of loot and epic battles? Learn to play a lute so you can claim you are a Bard?
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    Tr impossible to catch needs to be reworked it provides too much resistance.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?460511-Time-to-adjust-Impossible-to-Catch