test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF... Needs weapon variety

akostisakostis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
I dunno, Maybe its just me but I would like to see different weapons in game for the GWF. Ive always been an axe kinda guy in any MMORPG. I hope they implement different weapons because if its going to be (sword only) it completely contradicts any Dungeons and Dragons expierience.

GIMMIE MY GREAT AXE!!!

Regards,
Post edited by akostis on

Comments

• erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    At least some of the weapons you get are maces. I'm stuck with my symbol as a cleric, never seen anything else.
    This game does need more weapon variety, and I don't think that this lack of diversity is simply due to it being beta.
    They did add new models between BWE3 and BWE4 though, so I guess the development team is working on it.
  • mayhemsmmayhemsm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    Axe's are already in game. Ice Axe, level 49.
  • riaxxisriaxxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thing is the varying weapon types should not be level based..... should have access to the various weapon types at any level though... even if it's just cosmetic....
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I agree give GWF some type of weapon other than a wet noodle! :rolleyes:
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited April 2013
    I know there are more weapon types, sure they were just testing certain items in beta. I know I got a 2 handed mace to drop in a dungeon. Also saw a great axe drop in another. I'm hoping they add a scythe as well, as per other people's request. Maybe also consider adding a polearm as well.
  • sjirosjiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It has already been confirmed that the every class will get more weapons/implements. Look forward to lots of battle axes and the like in future patches.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The same could be said about all the classes, hell there is many aspects of this game that could use more "variety".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was a vendor in BWE 4, the one that sold ID scrolls that had another tab with different weapons on it. A short sword for rogues, an axe for the GF, a battle axe for GWF, a scepter for the Cleric, and I forget what the wizard had, sorry. Each was a blue level 20 and sold for 14.4 AD's
  • zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep, more choice would be a good thing, this is purely cosmetic, but you feel a bit more unique when you are not the perfect duplicate of your neighbor.

And a vague axe or mass in a distant level is not really variety for me, this is from the start and early levels that this should be done and with real variety.
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We need more choices in weapons for ALL classes please. I want my katana and parang :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ditto, all classes need more weapon AND armor choices.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I saw someone with a Great Axe beta 4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We need more choices in weapons for ALL classes please. I want my katana and parang :cool:

Doh!! I meant a kukri but I guess a parang would do as well. :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Katana is not two handed, it's a hand an a half at best. A two handed sword would be a "tanto". <Edit> sorry, now I see you did not mean it to be two handed.

It would be great to have polarmes like halberds, pollaxes, billhooks and such, but they would at least need a thrusting animation - what some NPC's seem to posess (I had not have the opportunity to check the spear and polearm of Fey from the Woundrous Bazaar vendor)
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar