test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of game, GWF and where the devs are going wrong...

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
This post will be about my experience as a GWF and where I believe the devs are making all the mistakes.. And there are many.

Firstly thy describe the GWF as a dps aoe class.. This is what they believe there design is... Well currently that isn't the case.. They keep pushing the GWF away from that.. Now it has such poor dps.. That it can't be called a dps class anymore... And there aoe skills are of very poor design and execution...

Now lets look at the game... When balancing classes the most important thing is balance for the endgame.. Now in neverwinter this is the epic dungeons.. And changes must be made according to this.. Devs you can not balance the classes for pvp.. It's impossible... There will always be ppl that cry because they come across someone that either A: has more skill or B: is significantly more geared...
You will never be able to solve this issue with balance and you need to address balance for pve as the priority.. Pve is where you will keep players, not pvp... And in this game this revolves around epic dungeons..

Now looking at epic dungeons.. The single most important skill that defines both how the dungeon is run and who they run with is Arcane singularity!!! This one skill defines everything about epic dungeons... Nothing else is even close.. It's crazy OP in pve.. And that is only its utility.. It's also has a massive target cap of 15 ( where a GWF gets capped at 5 with worse skills, this I could never understand) and it also provides very high dps..again I can't understand this either.. This skill fits so perfectly into your dungeon design that it dominates everything..
How has this skill got a 15 cap???

Now something I do agree with the devs is that the GWF needs more utility for pve. But adding crappy utility at the cost of dps is again a bad move... Add something worthwhile.. 15% mitigation to a maximum of 5 targets is a piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... The party gets all the needed utility from other classes.. And now with higher dps... This again damages the GWF.
Then you address the only decent daily we have. Slam. And nerf it to death and add a useless mitigation.. You say that it should be more utility... Then why does the feat about slam increase its dps????? On a daily that has almost no dps now??? This contradicts exactly what you say! You need to change this feat because now it's also a piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Now lets look at our skills...

Are encounter AoEs are very badly designed and have been poor dps.. The only decent dps one we have is IBS.. But the aoe is so dam small that unless we have a CW to group the adds its not a very good dps skill at all.. And more a 1-3 target skill.

I want to know why the GwF keeps getting capped at 5 targets?? It just Doesn't make any sense.. This already limits our ability to be what you say we are.. Aoe dps.. Without the ability to aoe or dps properly...

Our better dps skills are single target.. Again not following the path of a dps aoe class... I just don't understand this.

Now you refuse you fix the bugs that are plaguing this class.. Unstoppable is so dam bugged now... Even if the class was viable in pve.. This bugs alone would make them unviable... And you refuse to fix them? The only reason I can think is that your development team actually does not have the skill to do this.. They can't work out the bugs.. It's the worst bug on this class and in pvp it's like a 50% chance that you lose the ability to use unstoppable completely.. Rendering the class useless in pvp.. Relog and you get kicked from pvp lol..
So bad design here

What you need to do to fix it before the class doesn't exist anymore

1. You must remove the cap of 5.. This is the worst thing you have done to this class and its killing it
2. You need to increase the dps or utility of our aoe skills and increase the aoe..
3. Design feats that actually follow the path the skills are designed to be.. The GWF feats are just a mess of things that just don't work together
4. Arcane singularity needs a target cap of less than 10.. You want to stop fast runs this alone will do that.. At the moment groups just run from one cliff to the next pushing off large groups of adds.. 15 cap makes this possible and it's stupid
5. You need to address the ability that a TR has to tank bosses.. Now this isn't a traditional tank.. But if a TR can hold Agro from the strongest bosses in this game while doing dps.. Then this is in fact tanking... The immunities need to be addressed.. Cause this makes tanks useless in pve.... If the highest dps single target class can tank as well... What are you thinking?
6. Fix the frekkin bugs on this class omg.. You keep adding more without fixing any.. It's dev skill at its worst here... I would be embarrassed to put together some of the bugs that your devs have.. Without being able to fix them.
7. Take a pve priority over pvp... You need to take this approach
8. Nerf those dam tene enchants..without them 100x less problems in pvp.. And probably half the tickets.
9. Unstoppable gives us the ability to tank.. In its current form its a piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. Our tanking ability along with our dps has gone

I keep seeing on the forum the devs saying that try listen to customer feedback.. But with the GWF I fail to see any example of this at all.. In fact every issue we bring up is either ignored.. Or told its fixed.. To find out later it isn't..

It's about time the devs pay some attention to this class..you are about to lose players.. A few more days till FF14 and if you don't address these issues a bunch of us are already moving...

If you state GWF is a dps aoe class stop nerfing both it's aoe and dps... It's so far behind every other class in pve now...

Had enough
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My gwfs dps has gone way down but my toughness hasnt really changed, I dont understand, shouldnt it be the other way around?
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They made an emergency patch because they were losing money on the lottery luck boxes meant to rip people with gambling addiction off but they dont do it to fix the GWF.
  • Options
    ocdonlineocdonline Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe they should introduce a new passive for the GWF: 'Nerf Rage' - as the GWF takes more and more damage (due to nerfs), At-Will damage goes up in proportion to damage taken.
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ocdonline wrote: »
    Maybe they should introduce a new passive for the GWF: 'Nerf Rage' - as the GWF takes more and more damage (due to nerfs), At-Will damage goes up in proportion to damage taken.

OMGLOL! Shhhhhhh... be quiet! they may take your idea! :O
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    They made an emergency patch because they were losing money on the lottery luck boxes meant to rip people with gambling addiction off but they don't do it to fix the GWF.

That just needed the change of a single parameter.(my guess : 0.5 to 0.005) The code of a player class in action with all possible environments and reactions is much-much harder to fix. Hence the intent to make unstoppable less unstoppable somehow broke it, and now it almost expires as fast as it is activated. I am sure the dev who acknowledged the issue is already working on it in order to fix it.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar