test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some issues I've noticed since patch

xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
This is not a complete list by far, but just some things I have experienced in the short time since release. Feel free to add your own...

- Pressing escape to leave the Profession window now brings up the main menu. Please fix this, as its very annoying.
- My horse apparently got new invisible handlebars and my char looks stupid when riding. Would like to see this go away.
- Didn't notice before patch, but Unstoppable is ending before the meter is empty half the time now.
Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
- JailBreak (in development)
Post edited by xelliz on

Comments

• brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    - My horse apparently got new invisible handlebars and my char looks stupid when riding. Would like to see this go away.

This is true -- noticed this as well and it looks very odd.
  • danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This is true -- noticed this as well and it looks very odd.

Again this has been reported on test server already!
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When I am at the character screen for the first time, my mouse is walled in and cannot hit the play button. Alt-tab and back fixes it.

The game has crashed to desktop twice so far.

Hair now is shiny metal and ugly. It looks terrible.

I am so glad you reduced the cost of my orc weapon cosmetic from 60k to 50k diamonds. Really, that was your reduction?? It is still too much for cosmetic changes. What is the problem with allowing people to customize a bit??

So far the new graphics look great overall though some of the armors are even more bland and dull with the changes. I kind of like it, armor is supposed to be bland and dull unless you are a knight of the round table or some other notable.

Going back to see if I can play without CTDs long enough to evaluate more.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I play all the classes so every nerf affected me. We KNEW that was coming, its not a bug, its just a general unhappy feeling (no one likes nerfs, buff the mobs in the new content instead?).

Also, quick update graphics drivers *seem* (for whatever its worth) to have fixed *MY* crash to desktops. So far.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Gear is intended to bind when used for companions, that's not a bug. Otherwise I second the first two things in OP's post and join jhary's lament with my level 59 PvE-only soloing-except-for-dungeons DC who just lost her one good damage-dealing daily because of whiners in PvP complaining it's OP while ignoring that other classes' encounter powers deal more damage and that dailies are supposed to be powerful because they're dailies and therefore can't be used every 12 seconds.

Graphics have been weird since the patch; no universal fixes for it yet as far as I know, but you can check out this thread to know you're not alone and get ideas for stuff to tinker with in your settings to make them nice again: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?457431-Does-it-look-less-sparkly-to-anyone-else
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Gear is intended to bind when used for companions, that's not a bug. Otherwise I second the first two things in OP's post and join jhary's lament with my level 59 PvE-only soloing-except-for-dungeons DC who just lost her one good damage-dealing daily because of whiners in PvP complaining it's OP while ignoring that other classes' encounter powers deal more damage and that dailies are supposed to be powerful because they're dailies and therefore can't be used every 12 seconds.
    I don't think I've seen anyone complain about HoF, but I guess us Clerics aren't supposed to get kills in PVP at all...so you know...gotta take away half the dmg on our best killing weapon.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think I've seen anyone complain about HoF, but I guess us Clerics aren't supposed to get kills in PVP at all...so you know...gotta take away half the dmg on our best killing weapon.

I ignore everything to do with PvP, including complaints and discussion of it, because I dislike PvP gaming in general (I'd rather collaborate to take on something big and plot-driven than compete and fight everyone else), so I kinda assumed it was a result of complaining like it apparently was with TRs. Except TRs got an announcement and the nerfs were toned down, while DCs didn't even get so much as a "hey we see your point of view but this is why we're going to do it anyway." Just silence.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • bossybottombossybottom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I need some help, please. I cannot create a new thread, but I have a problem that's keeping me from playing after the patch today on 8-22-2013. I play with 1768x992 resolution, and the game offered me the resolution before- it showed up at 1768x992(monitor)- but now it is gone. The game is unplayable on any other resolution as everything is way off screen or the colors are orange and green.

I tried searching in the Neverwinter folder offline, but there does not seem to be a config application where I can manually set the resolution. Does anyone know if there are any issues or if I could open a ticket somewhere?
  • spacemoose5spacemoose5 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I noticed chill no longer stack on bosses at all, completely gimping cold Wizard builds as a result - is this intended?
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    This is not a complete list by far, but just some things I have experienced in the short time since release. Feel free to add your own...

- Pressing escape to leave the Profession window now brings up the main menu. Please fix this, as its very annoying.
    - Didn't notice before patch, but Unstoppable is ending before the meter is empty half the time now.

Add this:

Plague fire mitigation debuff

Greater Plague Fire mitigation debuff isn't stacking beyond 3%.

About unstoppable, it is ending when the temporary health point is consumed.Which isn't intended i believe.
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also when this happens escape doesn't toggle the main menu like it should, you have to mouse click return to game. Even more annoying than the menu coming up. From my experience it just seems to be the first time you go into the trade window, or perhaps the first time you escape out of the trade window (you can press N to toggle it closed but I have only used escape since the patch).

btw I'd suggest that people create a separate thread for each bug instead of creating a compendium of different bugs. It's easier to track what each thread is for and how many issues there are this way.
  • niaburethniabureth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a bit hard to see when a support person reads and aknowledges the bugs we report. Not to sound negative but have you guys (the support team) seens how fast Gazillion responds to the community in there forum.
  • adambomb76adambomb76 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've noticed both my toons on separate servers have trouble finishing quests since the Feywild update. On Mindflayer I can't complete the view rewards quest that the Shandalar envoy gives you when you 1st talk to her. I click the campaign button, nothing, I click the view rewards, nothing, I click view locations, nothing. I abandon the quest, get it again and try the whole sequence over again. Still nothing. It's only a few XP and I'm already lvl 60 so no big deal. Just annoying that a quest won't finish.

But my other character on Dragon....I've gone through the non-epic Temple of the Spider dungeon twice now, killed the final boss both times and still the Daily Dungeon quest has not completed. This is is super annoying and is robbing me of my ability to get AD from completing this daily quest.

here's a pic of the dead boss - but she's sticking around even after she's dead:

screenshot_2013-08-26-17-43-31.jpg

Besides not being able to complete quests, I've noticed the CTD that everyone else is mentioning. And I keep getting blue items that say they're salvageable when really they aren't. With how buggy this game has gotten in the last week I'm not too sure how much longer I'm gonna stick around unless things get fixed. I mean, did they even do any testing before releasing the Feywild patch?