test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stalwart Bulwark GF Set Feedback Thread

krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
:mad: :mad: :mad: Bulwark... not Bulward but you get my drift...

I do not understand the rationale behind that nerf'ng of the Stalwart Bulwark set.
I do not play PvP and I understand it is now completely useless there, but for PvE, please...

How bad can it go?

What really bothers me is that I have invested a lots of AD to enchant that set with rank 8 and "normal" enchantment and that now I have to pay more AD to recover these out of that crappy set?

At least I would expect some option/token or whatever to unbind these enchants from that set FOR FREE...

Which nerd at Cryptic decided that would be a good solution?

I am fully supportive of the game, even not punishing exploiters of that nightmare mount, but STOP MAKING stupid decisions that cost hundreds of thousands of AD to legit players... THINK!!!!

I had 3 full sets to use in different party setups, and now I have only 2...
Post edited by krisst0f on

Comments

• Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It was a Tier 1 set that was more powerful then Tier 2 sets. It needed to be nerfed. That being said, I do agree that it wasn't handled in the best manner. It was a pretty obvious oversight, they should have fixed that long ago, before people invested so much in them.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    yup, the ad cost for removing enchants, transmuting items etc is ridiculous. yay, lets farm for a month to be able to afford to unbind one of my enchantment...? p2win-based game tbh. or pay 5$ to "conveniently" not having to farm for a month
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It was way overpowered, as has been discussed (with others claiming nerf) in about 20 threads over the last month.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    echokazul wrote: »
    It was a Tier 1 set that was more powerful then Tier 2 sets. It needed to be nerfed. That being said, I do agree that it wasn't handled in the best manner. It was a pretty obvious oversight, they should have fixed that long ago, before people invested so much in them.

Last time I got a piece like that was in a T2 dungeon, not a T1. Once people invested in them, I expect to find a way NOT to rip them off entirely...

Should I start scouting sites to find exploit and make my AD back? Never did it once, but now... you bet... It seems to work and that's sad.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Krisst0f - Yep it's been discussed to death and Cryptic has made a clear message to f.u. GFs. :D

There was tons of screaming of TRs and they change their minds.

GWFs asked why SLAM was being nerfed and they responded.

GF's asked for the rework to be changed back to a NERF and just equal the power gain to T1 levels. But Cryptic ignored all of our posts since the patch notes on the test server about the change. It's a clear message that they give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about GF Class and trying to pigeon hole the class into blocking.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just remove the Conqueror paragon or nerf the Timeless & Knights Cap set net to block mechanics.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The set was way overpowered. Simple as that. Nothing anywhere else in the game gave you a bonus 8,000 power. Nothing. Not even close. Let alone a T1 set.
  • Options
    jefferjeffersonjefferjefferson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    The set was way overpowered. Simple as that. Nothing anywhere else in the game gave you a bonus 8,000 power. Nothing. Not even close. Let alone a T1 set.

Again learn to read.

It wasn't nerfed. It was effect was completely changed. There would be no issues if it was simply nerfed.
    Curse of the Sorceress: NW-DL35CQ9ET Eligible for Daily Foundry! (Approx. 50 min adventure to defeat the evil Sorceress)

Dodgeball: NW-DR9U49EM6 (Approx. 15 min dodgeball tournament against ranged enemies)

Farming Fiesta: NW-DJL23IH7G (Approx. 30-45 min map for farming items and experience)
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    I actually think the new set is kinda neat. It makes defensively oriented tanks more powerful offensively by using their class ability.

A tier 1 set was never supposed to be end-game material.

I agree that it probably should have got a nerf instead of a rework. Mostly because my tank would love a new tier 2 set that functions like this :) But as a tier 1, it really just won't cut it for end-game. And you know what? That's how you know it's working as intended. Because Tier 1 shouldn't be end-game.

Sure is a ***** to un-slot everything tho. Would have been nice for the people wearing it if the enchantments automatically came out of the set and into their inventory so they could decide for themselves if they wanted the new gear or not.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The gear needed to be fixed, but they should have given the players who bought it before the fix was announced the opportunity to remove enchants for free.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I actually think the new set is kinda neat. It makes defensively oriented tanks more powerful offensively by using their class ability.

A tier 1 set was never supposed to be end-game material.

I agree that it probably should have got a nerf instead of a rework. Mostly because my tank would love a new tier 2 set that functions like this :) But as a tier 1, it really just won't cut it for end-game. And you know what? That's how you know it's working as intended. Because Tier 1 shouldn't be end-game.

Sure is a ***** to un-slot everything tho. Would have been nice for the people wearing it if the enchantments automatically came out of the set and into their inventory so they could decide for themselves if they wanted the new gear or not.

The best set for my controller damage dealing cleric is still a tier one set. So Tier one sets can be end game material. She can run CN and does top damage most of the time. There is no T2 set that is better for her spec for end game (though I really wish there was). So T1 sets can work for end game thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The gear needed to be fixed, but they should have given the players who bought it before the fix was announced the opportunity to remove enchants for free.

My point exactly...

Now as a GF, I ALWAYS take the most dmg (often 2x or 3x the next player in party)... All my powers are for the party, not myself (Knight Valor, Enforced Threat and Into the Fray) so I could care less about dps (as any GF should really). So let me get this straight; with 10 stack my next POWER get +200 dmg... big deal... when I see TRs who can inflict 30k dmg in one hit...

GIVE ME A BREAK... AND GIVE ME A **** TOKEN TO unbind my rank 8 enchantments from that crappy set...
  • Options
    darkami669darkami669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some people have spent hundred of thousands ( some millions) of AD to deck this set out with enchantments. Some people spending real money. How can you possibly justify not returning the enchantment cost back to the GF player. You give free respecs when you change feats , but nothing for major change in this gear.

You expect players to grind for months to get enough AD, to take out the enchantments and start again with a different set ? How can you blame the players ? They are just playing with WHAT YOU put in the game !!!!!!!!

This is not a post on should of it been nerfed , but on the above stated.

To be honest , I don't think I have it in me to grind that much, it is like starting over again.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why grind when you can just exploit 50 or so nightmare mounts and then sell for millions of AD? This is the new officially support method.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    Why grind when you can just exploit 50 or so nightmare mounts and then sell for millions of AD? This is the new officially support method.

this about sums it up :D
  • Options
    darkami669darkami669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Us GF spent millions of AD decking out this set , we should be able to take out the enchants for free. Why should be have to grind for months to replace or pull them out. For something the Developer put in the game and left broke for month and months
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    The truth is.... removing enchants should be free. This game already has 200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 different AD sinks.... They really gotta rip us off changing enchants too?
    If I was a gf in this gear and got shafted like this... id go find another game.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't use this set. But I agree that Cryptic/PWE should have offered free enchantment removal for those with this set after the nerf. As it stands it just shows Cryptic/PWE is all greed and no love.

As well as a free respect for nerfing the heck out of my TR as well, making its existing build feeble. And no, I didn't PvP.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    womendriverslolwomendriverslol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My stalwart set is effectively useless. My entire spec, item selection, and enchantments all have to be redone. But hey, you gave me a free respec.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If you're smart enough, you would stay away from such item (unless you had too much AD and don't know where to use on). Bonus 8000 power is too good to be true, the change will come and it is only a matter of time..
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I can get that much power using another set, I merely have to redo my entire character. But you're right, it's totally my fault for using items I farmed.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Get bent bro.
  • Options
    martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    :mad: Really???, What the **** are you thinking??? With the pour, jocking, amount of dmg from GF???. With that set i had less aggro problems. :mad:
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The thing they missed was the Stalwart set actually increased the need for a GF to pull aggro. Now the only legitimate set is the Timeless set. I actually made the transition before the nerf. But I do have an all rank 8 enchanted stalwart set. Transmuted, dyed, the works that is sitting in my bank laughing at me.

I didn't "exploit early". I grinded instances for the enchants, I farmed CN's, all 4 bosses and made my 200-300k a day when I could get a few runs in. There was literally no warning though... I understand you want us to block, but why not make things that need to be blocked. Simply throwing a ton of adds at us is not being very creative.

Other than Grand Reagent, there is literally no other set worth using besides timeless. I have tried them all, went straight defense deflect, then realized you soft capped us way too early on defense so deflect is really the only enchant needed as you exceed the soft cap in defense with just gear.

Bottom Line... The set encouraged aggro. If you were using it in pvp, you probably weren't taking all those hits then using the power lol. The regen was nice. It was a PVE set, and it made us play like a tank. The new Fey set is also trash. If they want to make us play like a tank, make it WORTH IT to play like one.

As far as you guys saying we deal too much damage. If you spec'd a guy to do damage, geared him to do damage, and use encounters to deal damage.. YOU SHOULD DO DAMAGE. All classes can deal a lot of damage. The GF is the tank, he is a melee BEAST. So why do you freak out when you die to the strongest melee class? Aside from 90% of clerics, any good other class can kill a GF. It just takes a little bit of skill and strategy.

Last Point: If you play a GF.. Just suck it up and farm for timeless or buy it. Nothing else makes sense to use.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    freshour wrote: »
    Last Point: If you play a GF.. Just suck it up and farm for timeless or buy it. Nothing else makes sense to use.

You don't honestly think that giving one person 10% crit chance (rough estimate, albeit high, bonus from the Timeless set assuming you start with close to 0 crit chance) provides more DPS than giving the entire party 10% crit severity (a GF with 20% crit chance can easily maintain 100% combat uptime with High General set bonus), do you?

There's no doubt that for people concerned with damage meter epeen that Timeless is the new way to go. Whether or not it's the most effective in a party is an entirely different matter.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Very true. If the GF was actually required. I'd say you are 100% right. The fact that every dungeon can be done without a GF alone requires us to use offensive sets. I really liked that set, the stats and the bonus. But the difference wasn't enough for everyone to say "Wow, go with that!"

But yeah definitely a good point.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And to go even further. Spec'ing for fray to give you party the damage buff may be the way to go. I've tried all 3 specs, I did a 3000 recovery AP ***** build and spammmmmmmmmed Fighter's Recovery and that was awesome too. It really just boiled down to it didn't make that big of a difference. I can go 80% offensive, 20% defensive and just switch encounters if I reallllly need to tank.

I just run Fray with Conq spec, enforced threat (3 points) and Surge (3 points) and with 2500 recovery run villains for the damage increase and I hold aggro and put out pretty stupid numbers. It makes the CN add clearing between 1st and 2nd boss go WAY smoother. The crit severity was pretty sweet, but giving them 10% crit severity didn't speed up the add clearing more than me using timeless and just putting on Fray for their AP which now helps way more since Shield got nerfed.
  • Options
    swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2013
    This is is precisely the reason that I avoid CLEARLY over powered items and skills.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic guts my hero, then their crony guts my forum post. :(

I believe the giant middle finger was quite appropriate.