test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IS TR any good anymore ?

bloodgirlbloodgirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So i know i don't have the best Armor Pen stat but still from first in list i got pushed back to last.
This i me doing the best i could to do as much dmg as i could. Look at the screenshot. Congratz Cryptic u managed to mess this one up. TR's are now obselete in this game.
e2rh.jpg
Post edited by bloodgirl on

Comments

• baddumtssbaddumtss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think the LA nerf caused this. Were you afk or disconnected? And what encounters are you using.
    And awesome CW btw lol.
  • danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    baddumtss wrote: »
    I don't think the LA nerf caused this. Were you afk or disconnected? And what encounters are you using.
    And awesome CW btw lol.

I think OP knows what he's doing judging from his gear. So no need to ask what encounter he's using xD
  • mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    I noticed verrryyyyy little difference in my DPS...
  • bloodgirlbloodgirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    baddumtss wrote: »
    And awesome CW btw lol.

I use same skills every time -> Lashing Blade + Dazing Strike + Imposible To Catch / Duelist Flurry + Cloud of Steel / Lurker Assault

I never done this kind of low dmg ever but beeing overpowered by GWF / GF kinda sux

And yeah he's 1 awsome guy
  • kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    I think OP knows what he's doing judging from his gear. So no need to ask what encounter he's using xD

Gear =/= skill

you can buy gear cheap
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »

I think you have no idea how 11k player can still be bad player, and you either don't play TR at all or simply are bad player.
    A TR with 11k should not only have that kind of number as dmg in SP, unless she afk during the dungeon or OP is going with some regen PVP build(which isn't judging from gear set up)
    Final conclusion: OP is not a good TR player.
  • jhary70jhary70 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Speaking as a DC: I hope every DC from now on lets you pay for your own potions, with the comment: 'Sorry you were "last".'
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I came back from a 2 month break and getting my butt handed to me by fn GF. DMG stayed similar but I am always knocked the F down. This is most annoying....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hammyslapwagonhammyslapwagon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bloodgirl wrote: »
    TR's are now obselete in this game.

LOL ....right TRs are now obsolete. Please delete your account so I don't have to see anymore of your posts
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL ....right TRs are now obsolete. Please delete your account so I don't have to see anymore of your posts

Woah woah woah woah woah! Hold on! At least mail me all your stuff!
    edited August 2013
    I think you have no idea how 11k player can still be bad player, and you either don't play TR at all or simply are bad player.
    A TR with 11k should not only have that kind of number as dmg in SP, unless she afk during the dungeon or OP is going with some regen PVP build(which isn't judging from gear set up)
    Final conclusion: OP is not a good TR player.

Well glad to see that everione's doing so well. I was neither afk or doing wasting time. I was trying to ghet the most dmg output.

Well at least i got my ideea of why cryptic ignores what players says :))

Judging people like this is simply lame. I've been playing since beta and i always been in first if not second on DMG output. But yeah congratz guiz u are awsome.

I was trying to ghet an ideea on what everione thinks
  • manducatmanducat Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bloodgirl wrote: »
    I use same skills every time -> Lashing Blade + Dazing Strike + Imposible To Catch / Duelist Flurry + Cloud of Steel / Lurker Assault

I never done this kind of low dmg ever but beeing overpowered by GWF / GF kinda sux

And yeah he's 1 awsome guy

Hey BloodRayne : ) I recognize your name, fellow Dragon Shard player.

I have 70+ Draco kills on my rogue and maybe what works for me will work for you.

I will assume you're executioner build with 5 points in middle tree for CA bonus.

I notice you're not using the greatest natural damage increase rogues have, which is stealth. While Bait & Switch and Shadow Strike don't do much or any damage by themselves, they do provide you with combat advantage damage bonus and 25% extra crit severity if executioner. Bait and switch also gives more lurker, which gives even less stealth downtime.

It might seem odd unless one crunches the numbers, but in terms of dps, maximizing stealth & daily uptime with an executioner build always comes out ahead of other ways to do things due to the insane combat advantage damage bonus yield.

If you have 3/3 in these powers or you're willing to respec, I would recommend this as standard setup.

Class Features: Skillfull Infiltrator & Invisible Infiltrator

Reasons for main 2: Maximum damage output possible, Invisible inflitrator extra stealth and synergizes with bait & switch.

Situational but unneccessary: Sneak Attack (for runs only). Tenacious Concealment (for the certain few bosses where taking frequent damage is unavoidable and will otherwise mess up stealth rotation and managing duelist flurry + 1 encounter in 1 stealth bar).

Encounters: Bait & Switch, Lashing Blade, Shadow strike.

Reasons for main 3: As explained above. These 3 give the maximum potential for personal dps on a rogue. If you manage your usage of them well in conjunction with lurker's assault, your time outside stealth can get as low as 10-20% depending on how much recovery you have.
    When stealth is about to run out and you either have a shadow strike ready for usage or you don't have a bait and switch ready, that's when you use lashing strike. Also at the last second of every Lurker's assault.

Situational: Impossible to catch. The vast majority of bosses don't require it because their damage is avoidable, but if you are not comfortable with your ability to survive on a certain boss nonetheless, then it can be a decent substitute for Lashing Blade. As you seem to already be quite aware of seeing as you usually use this, a dead rogue deals no damage^^.

Situational 2: Wicked Reminder. Many rogues advocate Wicked Reminder as part of the standard setup. Even rogues from cream of the crop guilds with tremendous amounts of experience. I don't advocate using it unless there are 3 or more people attacking your target. People underestimate how much using Wicked Reminder reduces personal dps by messing up one's stealth rotation not only by taking an encounter slot, but by having to be reapplied very frequently. It also is one of the few abilities that when used, leaves one immobile and unable to dodge for a while, which is not necessarily a problem once one is used to using it, but can be haphazard.

At-Wills: Duelist Flurry & Sly Flourish

Reasons: Duelist Flurry is obvious, best dps. Sly Flourish because it deals around if not more than twice as much dps damage as cloud of steel unless Cloud of Steel can be used consecutively for many throws, and in most cases, one would only use either of these two to weave in a couple of attacks in situations where the timing isn't right to start a flurry.

Situational: Cloud of Steel. Some bosses, such as the first boss in karrundax and the third boss in CN, zone players from melee for several seconds at times due to long-duration aoe spells. On such bosses, Cloud of Steel is superior to Sly Flourish as secondary At-Will.

Rogues are still the cream of the crop of single target dps. Don't lose your will to play over these changes. Clerics had a similar massive blow way back with Astral Shield cooldown and they mostly adjusted by filling in the ~5 second downtime with a divinity forgemaster flame and/or using or having daily ready for emergency : )

This patch means we have to do things the best way possible in order to stay competitive with debuffers. We have to trim the fat and lose bad habits and crutches, so to speak.

I wish you luck!

Oh and PS: Even though not by as much as that one did, a good mage will usually top spellplague damage meter through knocking off edges on the first try throughout most of the dungeon.

Edit: I forgot to mention smokebomb ._. always good to have 3/3 for certain situations/group comps
    edited August 2013
    manducat

Tnks a lot for the tips i will take some in consideration especialy the stealth one. But i do give u credit for 1 tip that nobody seems to notice it Wicked Reminder. That thing allows everione to deal double the dmg output but nobody is even considering using (still wondering why).

Again tnks for tips and cya ingame