test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What a joke

lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Come on now cryptic. What a joke. Like really.

I did really expect a better mod launch then this. I mean i expected ya sure few exploits and some minor list of bugs a tiny bit of lag.

Right from the get go huge LAG. I mean back to open beta lag. I played for 15min seen one major exploit, i didnt expect to see one asap soon as i logged into the game. And we know there is going to be more exploits. And this exploit was a known exploit?? Bugs i was falling through the floor entering the pvp building. I gave up after that.

Why the hell would you launch this mod 1 like this?

WoW doesnt have issues like this. This horrible at any rate when they launch some new expansion and many many small expansions . I have been at 3 major ones. Nothing close to this substandard practice.

This will make my prediction come true. The small rush we got from people trying the games new mod 1 will leave frustrated and take with them even more player base. Eventually they will merge servers. This is a slowly sinking ship
Post edited by lostmarbleshere on

Comments

• ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh give me a damned break, man. You try running a game flawlessly. Cryptic has a massive track record of fail, if you're quite unaware.

Get used to it!
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    **** happens... If you'd understand all that can go wrong with massive updates like this, you'd calm down...

I guess nobody opened a lots of nightmare boxes from the test shard server... (I know I didn't...)
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ashlotte wrote: »
    Oh give me a damned break, man. You try running a game flawlessly. Cryptic has a massive track record of fail, if you're quite unaware.

Get used to it!

I have seen worse that Cryptic...(tried simcity lately?)
    At least I have been playing this game longer than any others in a long time...
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013

WoW doesnt have issues like this. This horrible at any rate when they launch some new expansion and many many small expansions . I have been at 3 major ones. Nothing close to this substandard practice.

Are you kidding me? Have you ever played WoW on a expansion or major patch day.

Not to mention the servers in this game are worldwide so have alot more players attempting to log on outside of their usual game time.

When ever I see these posts it makes me wonder if the OP has ever played an MMO before.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1) Did you really need a new topic for this. The forums is massively clogged so it's harder to find other topics of interest.
    2) Well someone mentioned that the issue was reported on preview so that would be a pretty lousy mess up.
    3) I wonder if it happened the other way, would they notice and fix it?
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Get used to it!

This bug was reported on the preview shard 6 days ago , there is literally no excuse for it making it to the launch other than lazy 'elite bug fix team ' not bothering to check the preview shard bug reporting forums.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Get used to it!

Yes i could probly produce this game better then it is right now. I would of reduced the work force on making new <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. And hired more people debugging the game get it to a reasonable passing grade at least. I would slightly over staff the debugging staff. As a buffer so i could fire the people not doing thier jobs.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    This bug was reported on the preview shard 6 days ago , there is literally no excuse for it making it to the launch other than lazy 'elite bug fix team ' not bothering to check the preview shard bug reporting forums.

Link? It will still be there if it was indeed reported. I read the forums rather religiously, and it missed my eye.

I'm calling bull**** until I see the link.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    How long was Gaunt down after launch? I think it was a week or more. I would expect this to be up much faster though because it wasn't too buggy on the test server.
  • truwentruwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow is an aged game. Blizzard had/has their share of crappy launches, bugs and exploits. The only difference is Blizzard/WOW devs have had time to improve and refine their update/patching process.
  • dagoniderdagonider Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    caelith wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? Have you ever played WoW on a expansion or major patch day.

Ugh, don't even get me started on those. /shudder
    Yes i could probly produce this game better then it is right now. I would of reduced the work force on making new <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. And hired more people debugging the game get it to a reasonable passing grade at least. I would slightly over staff the debugging staff. As a buffer so i could fire the people not doing thier jobs.

Riiiight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

Here ya' go!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Link? It will still be there if it was indeed reported. I read the forums rather religiously, and it missed my eye.

Here you go...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug

LMAO ashlotte. It seems great minds think alike.
  • willstanwillstan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol before you start pulling the lag <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, if you're on a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> system don't cry about lag, i have zero lag no matter where i go, check your net connection, get a better pc or stop crying, that's the only the 3 options you have here.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I LOL at the WoW Blizzard comments really!! Have you ever played WoW or D3 when they came out! It was a monkey f**king a football epic fail for a week plus!
    edited August 2013
    I am all for a company to aleast come out and say we might have to extend the launch date of the expansion to fix some issues we found in the testing on it.

I would rather wait for a more streamlined launch then what we get every dam time so far.
  • willstanwillstan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Finally an intelligent person amongst the people who compare all games to WoW!
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I don't see it that it matters, even if was mentioned. This isn't a minor patch, but a major update. Even if something was mentioned, it doesn't mean it couldn't have been lost amidst everything else on their plate.

How it got through isn't so much the issue as how they responded, in my view. This time around the server got shut down quickly, and a fix began to be worked on right away, which is much better the response to previous problems of this scope. So, it seems it's going to be handled fairly well. Of course it will still be the inspiration for endless complaints on the forum, but... what isn't.
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    willstan wrote: »
    lol before you start pulling the lag <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, if you're on a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> system don't cry about lag, i have zero lag no matter where i go, check your net connection, get a better pc or stop crying, that's the only the 3 options you have here.

Lag has nothing whatsover to do with the client pc.
    edited August 2013
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    I LOL at the WoW Blizzard comments really!! Have you ever played WoW or D3 when they came out! It was a monkey f**king a football epic fail for a week plus!

Yes a played during the launches and not anywhere near as bad as these launches. Yes they had bugs and issues but again not close to as bad as on this game.
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    Lag has nothing whatsover to do with the client pc.

I can run battlefield 3 on ultra settings with antiasle x4 at 1080p with 50-60 fps so when this game has huge lag its not my computer
    edited August 2013
    i can do the same thing, so either its your net connection or something else, most people didn't have lag issues, my dad was on a laptop over wifi and isn't lagging..
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe you whiners should demand a refund on your subscription fee...oh wait...
    10PM CST

• trollmctrollertrollmctroller Banned Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its so funny to see peoples reactions to people complaining about exploits that were reported from the test shard making it to live. Sorry but every MMO i have ever played that had major exploits on the current patch on test servers ended up delaying the release of said patch until they were fixed. Cryptic/PWE however decided to ignore them and release it anyway. The people that are *****ing about these have every right to do so IMO. Stop riding PWE's nuts it isnt getting you any special treatment.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »

Cryptic has a long long LONG history of ignoring significant bugs reported in test, in all their games.

I... honestly don't know why they even bother with a test server.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im not even bothered by the Inferno nightmare tbh..

Im more worried about the Auction House sort function not working again & the graphics taking a nosedive..
    I was running this flawlessly before and now the water effects all look like mud...

God knows what else lurks beneath but ive only just logged on so im sure the list will get bigger
This discussion has been closed.