test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clarification on Foresight (& Feat)

loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
Hi !

i have always wondered whether Benefit of Foresight increases the damage mitigation % of Foresight (from 6% at 3 points to 11% incl. max feat), or rather the effective defense bonus of foresight( for purposes of this argument lets say foresight grants 900 defense) therefore it only gives an extra 45 defense effectively, or the third scenario it grants the player 5% of their total defense score up and above the 6% damage mitigation.

If it is the second option, it would seem pointless to invest any points in at all.

Could anyone kindly clarify ?

Many Thanks in advance
Post edited by loomyza on

Comments

• morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's either 11% (additive) or 10.7% (multiplicative i.e. actual damage is reduced to 95%, THEN to 94% for a final factor of 89.3%), and yes, it's definitely worth taking.
    It's difficult to distinguish between 11% reduction and 10.7% reduction, what with RNG factors and so on, but it's in that region.
  • loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks ! worth taking indeed. I wish they'd be clearer on tooltips
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Benefit of Foresight is about the only Paragon worth taking by a mile. Thankfully, it is second tier, so no Cleric has any excuses.

It is the equivalent of doubling your Armor Class ("AC"), though with Righteousness it sometimes doesn't feel like it, especially in pvp...
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IF I'm not mistaken, it rounds up percentages? So even if it's 10.7%, it might actually round up to 11%. Who knows with this game.

I think Divine Advantage is better overall. Most of the times you get damage spikes, it's in a swarm of adds and you have CA on all sides. CA is a base 15% I believe. Even Astral Seal procs it, so it's basically guaranteed uptime, even with just a couple ranks. Of course you can easily get both.

I had it, now I don't have it. I "traded" it for DA since DA doesn't require you to slot a feature. I absolutely hate being forced to use a particular build or skill to be effective.