test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

companion

nasafurenasafure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I would not mind seeing a companion you grow yourself. Like you get a dragon egg or something and you raise it to be yours and yours alone.
Parting is all we know of heaven, And all we need of hell.
Post edited by nasafure on

Comments

• Options
    ancientnecroancientnecro Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    nasafure wrote: »
    I would not mind seeing a companion you grow yourself. Like you get a dragon egg or something and you raise it to be yours and yours alone.

I get what you're saying. I'd like it as well. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my Dog Companion got new skins as he leveled. Going from "Puppy" to "Young Dog" thus far. You can go back and choose either of them (and there's two additional options), but if you're RP'ing hard enough I suppose it's not a leap to just change to the next oldest skin when you want to RP that your dog is growing with you.

So that's sort of a feature that might get you your fix of raising your own companion. I would love to hatch eggs / adopt wild things, though :D
  • Options
    arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nasafure wrote: »

Not sure if I understand what you are suggesting here. Is "get a dragon egg or something" the same as buying a companion with AD or ZEN and "raise it to be yours" the same as leveling it up and "yours alone" the same as now it is bound to your character and only your character alone ????
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    the dog companions starts as a puppy...and grows up as you lvl him.
    edited August 2013
    Thats sounds interesting tbh.
    Having never played an dnd type games before now i personally really like having a companion that helps you. Besides looking cute and standing there(or running around like a maniac *cough* Eggbert!) and...um...Looking cute. And despite their cuteness you force them to fight for your entertainment. and currency to make your other pets stronger so they can also fight.

But i Like that your companions grows and levels with you. and can either tank/heal/or dps for you. Raising one yourself would be something id be up for. I was hella bummed about the lilend companion being only sold in the packs.

Perhaps this is a way to offer things on the zen market to those who cant afford them. Make it a different color of course to let the people who can actually afford it have their specialness(and no doubt cooler color scheme ;p) but make a different skin come from a grind of watching over an egg everyday for a month? Just a thought. Dunno if anyone else would like that.
  • Options
    arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    the dog companions starts as a puppy...and grows up as you lvl him.

That is too tedious and much programming work involved for crytic and it will never happen unfortunately.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arachonian wrote: »
    That is too tedious and much programming work involved for crytic and it will never happen unfortunately.
    It already happens...do you even play this game?
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    riftizdeadriftizdead Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    It already happens...do you even play this game?

Yea...I got my stone months ago but never seen it grow from "puppy stone" to a "grown up stone" or even one of those green companions. Have you played the game ?