test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Things I'd like to see changed!

bewareofbathorybewareofbathory Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Firstly, let me say that I am thoroughly enjoying Neverwinter. I am a former 5-year player of WoW and can't say I miss that debacle in the least. I like the character models, the simple, yet engaging use of abilities, the general friendliness of the community itself. There are a few tweaks that I'd like to see instituted though!

1. I feel there are too many in-game currencies. Tarmalune trade bars, seals, seals, and more seals, gold, Zen, AD. Some of these could be done away with.

2. The chat system could be simplified. It would be nice not to have to hit alt to change channels. A simple <enter> followed by /guild, /zone, /party, /say would be great and make it less clunky.

3. Emotes could follow this same model. <enter> /sit, /cheer, /dance, etc. For the different dances you could do /danceS (seductive) /danceF (folk).

4. Some of the character models have a bit of awkwardness to them. My half-elf CW does this strange lean when turning while running, like she's going to topple over. Is this silly and being nit-picky? Well, here's another one:

5. My horse jump isn't long and smooth. It's like watching a barrel with stumpy legs jump up and crash to the ground.

6. I've had the potions in pvp not work at times, despite running over them repeatedly and no one else having used them in the prior 1-2 seconds. This is bad when you are running for your life. REALLY bad.

7. The gold spammers in Zone chat (and in your mailbox) are getting way out of hand. I realize the devs probably have their hands full with many other things, but my ignore list grows by at least ten names daily.

8. It would be nice, if you hovered over an item from a vendor's list or in the ah if it would show you how many of the item you currently have in your bags.

9. Dungeon que.....is way, way, way too long. I've queued for an hour and not gotten a group.

10. When a person bugs out of your team in pvp, it would be nice to have them replaced pronto. It's disheartening to lose one or two people (YOU GUYS SUCK I'M OUTTA HEREraaaaaaaaaaage) and be forced to stand at the gy spawn point while the enemy wins. Or worse, farms you at your spawn point for fun and giggles.

Can anyone think of anything they'd like to add to this list?

But all-in-all, great game, guys.

Comments

• Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    ....I am a former 5-year player of WoW and can't say I miss that debacle in the least. ......

let me get this right.

you think the game is a 'debacle' ...but yet played for 5 years....

not gonna read the rest....
    edited August 2013
    The management and marketing teams :D
  • Options
    seduiriseduiri Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    let me get this right.

LOL Yeah pretty much my thoughts.
  • Options
    bewareofbathorybewareofbathory Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    let me get this right.

You had to be there during Wrath to understand the slow death of this game.