test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Making gold in this game is pretty awful

kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Despite using 3 characters for leadership I'm still spending more gold on pots/kits/etc than I can make. There aren't many efficient ways to make raw gold in this game for some reason and I don't understand why that is the case.

Couldn't you increase drops throughout dungeons during DD's or something? Provide some sort of incentive on something that can net you some additional gold.

All I know is...if running foundry's is the only decent method of attaining gold...I mean that just sucks.

Having said that, as a CW, since I need gold pretty badly, which foundry's are the best for it? Gotta get it one way or another.
Post edited by kgrizzle22 on

Comments

• kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Try to sell loot for gold.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One of the things I did was to sell Epic items for gold from the in-game vendor if they were not worth much in the AH. I would also use Drake Seals to buy the cheapest Epics and then also sell those for gold. I got my gold up from almost zero to near 200 this way over a period of a few weeks.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    foundry is currently the best way to earn gold,, look for grind quest if you need gold, it used to be pvp with te potion selling to vendor so you exchange glory for gold, now is imposible to do that, so the only way is grind foundries, my recomendation is not to kill the mobs to fast :D you will earn lv 60 scrolls of identification and also green equip to sell i can tell you from experience.

currently sitting an 686 gold want to reach 1k XD lol
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • snoophogsnoophog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    in 23 hours feywild comes out, you will get plenty of gold from quests and plenty of pots from kills. if you find you are using all your pots/injury kits when outside you might want to start running with a cleric
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I currently have to sell my pots above the 99 stack and my kits when my toon out levels them. Admittedly I play a DC, CW and TR so health is not yet been an issue. I don't know if that would be different with the fighter classes.
    10PM CST

• silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GF with cleric companions do not have issues leveling and i do not think they will have in the new content
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can always buy kits and pots on the AH for diamonds. Doing a couple daily quests will earn you enough AD to buy some stacks.
  • kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So besides buying with AD, all I see in here is "do foundry". They definitely need more methods of gaining legit amounts of gold.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    So besides buying with AD, all I see in here is "do foundry". They definitely need more methods of gaining legit amounts of gold.

The leadership task "Fight off spellplagued" grants a large barrel of goods, which gives 3 of a selection of items. I keep 3 running on all my characters, and have so many potions that I have to store them.

Yes, a few bad dungeon runs can cost you a lot in kits, but in those cases you have to decide where to cut your losses. You can also offer to sell rare or epic items for gold...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Best way to get gold IMO is to play Single Player high level content and try to kill the larger mobs like driders etc... every person you add seems to cut your "gold" drops by 100% and with 5 people it's pretty much 1 copper per kill even in a T2 which is stupid beyond belief. The way I make gold is to buy keys and sell them in PE though no faster way to top up the guild bank then selling 10 keys for 50 or 60 gold each!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    Best way to get gold IMO is to play Single Player high level content and try to kill the larger mobs like driders etc... every person you add seems to cut your "gold" drops by 100% and with 5 people it's pretty much 1 copper per kill even in a T2 which is stupid beyond belief. The way I make gold is to buy keys and sell them in PE though no faster way to top up the guild bank then selling 10 keys for 50 or 60 gold each!

Plus, even unidentified level 60 items sell for 1 silver 1 copper, so if you hunt in an area until your inventory is full, you'll make some money that way, too.

Since level 60 enemies also typically drop R4 mods, once you get enough to fuse them, they can be sold for 3-5k ADs - so you should be able to get 5-7G each...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do full pirate king runs outside of the DD event and open the 7-8 chests. I earn around 2g a run, get loots, seals, etc. Don't die when you jump though.
  • kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I do full pirate king runs outside of the DD event and open the 7-8 chests. I earn around 2g a run, get loots, seals, etc. Don't die when you jump though.

you do this solo or?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    you do this solo or?

No i do the epic version of it. I could solo the normal one it but crossing the huge map is disheartening, although it should be theoretically more profitable than epic runs if you only want gold. FH is very solo friendly, and it's lvl 50-ish, so you should earn a lot more gold. I've soloed it as a DC 2-3 times, so i guess you might just want to do this one if you're looking for something easy and rewarding.