test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About salvaging system

esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So basically you made the PvP items unsellable to NPC and we totally understood that, because it will help getting rid of the lvl 60 bots.

Then you said you will make them bind of pick up, to prevent further abuse of these items by the bots, excellent work.

Then you make salvage system that will make us get 4k AD for each PvP item we salvage, so basically you have countered your own decisions and the bots will flood the lvl 60 PvP again.

Good job.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    its nothing to do with bots....it's about driving ppl to open their wallets.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    dexyman wrote: »
    its nothing to do with bots....it's about driving ppl to open their wallets.

Giving people a free source of AD will drive people to open their wallets. RIP logic.

The market will fluctuate and people will be so rich and prices will go high but they will always be affordable, making the AD a worthless currency in the end.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What is very annoying is that it's rough AD so between leadership and prayer I might be able to salvage 1 item a day and actually refine the diamonds =/
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    So basically you made the PvP items unsellable to NPC and we totally understood that, because it will help getting rid of the lvl 60 bots.

Then you said you will make them bind of pick up, to prevent further abuse of these items by the bots, excellent work.

Then you make salvage system that will make us get 4k AD for each PvP item we salvage, so basically you have countered your own decisions and the bots will flood the lvl 60 PvP again.

Good job.

Where did you read that? I really hope that isn't true for all epics. For PVP that does seem reasonable. On Beholder, PVP gear on AH ranges from the 4-6k AD, so it isn't too much of a loss. But for some of my other armor sets, I paid a lot of AD off of AH< and would hate to receive only 4k back after salvage.
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Good job.

good point, salvage reward of pvp gear should be halved
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    joncans wrote: »
    Where did you read that? I really hope that isn't true for all epics. For PVP that does seem reasonable. On Beholder, PVP gear on AH ranges from the 4-6k AD, so it isn't too much of a loss. But for some of my other armor sets, I paid a lot of AD off of AH< and would hate to receive only 4k back after salvage.

How much do you get currently if you get rid of bound gear? 1g 60s to a vendor.
    T2 chest piece you get 10k AD, which is better than vendoring it. There is no negative to being able to salvage gear you've replaced instead of only being able to vendor it or store it in your bank.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The idea of the salvage system, is to give people a reason to run dungeons, as many people will point out, with the forthcoming changes to the delves system, once you have geared up a character, there is very little reason to keep running dungeons. However, with the introduction of the salvage system, you will always be able to trade in your unwanted end reward, for rough astral diamonds.

Admittedly, in the first few days of the salvager being active, many people will be scrapping large numbers of epics, bought cheaply on the auction house, as they will be able to make a decent profit. This wont last for long. And to be honest, its not the most efficient way to do things, as it just means that you will be able to refine the full amount of diamonds for a few days.

Back when the game started, founders were given 2 million astral diamonds to get them going.. yes, this caused hyper-inflation of prices for a while, I certainly remember the Ancient Court Magisters Orb, selling for over 1.5million AD, but these prices don't last, the market will soon drain and the prices will balance out. That's the good thing about a player driven market, prices will eventually balance.

So don't worry about it, if you don't like the salvage system, don't use it.. I for one, think its an awesome idea, especially for those days when I barely have much time to log into the game, let alone do much of anything.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Good job.

Good point. On the plus side people who only PVP will have a way to make some AD now, but so will the bots. Unfortunately their solution will be to drop the salvage value of PVP items instead of fixing the bot problem.

By the way, they did not give us a free source of AD. They only added another way to hit the cap. If you could already hit the cap (or come close to it) this change only takes away one of your sources of income (selling drops). If you have 20 leadership you hit that cap easily. If you have leadership leveled up to 13 or so you easily cover at least 1/2 of the cap with 5 open slots and a few daily quests would finish you off. With less items available for the AH the prices will rise, you now have less ways to make the AD to buy the items, so it does, in effect, cause people to open their wallets. The argument will be made that the prices will even out to the amount of AD people can make, but this argument does not take into account the fact that I can sell Zen and amass a small fortune quickly so desired items will still be sold for a very high price that a non paying player will have a hard time paying because they now have no other source of income. That is why, in my opinion, this change is only being put in place to make people purchase more Zen.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    Good point. On the plus side people who only PVP will have a way to make some AD now, but so will the bots. Unfortunately their solution will be to drop the salvage value of PVP items instead of fixing the bot problem.

By the way, they did not give us a free source of AD. They only added another way to hit the cap. If you could already hit the cap (or come close to it) this change only takes away one of your sources of income (selling drops). If you have 20 leadership you hit that cap easily. If you have leadership leveled up to 13 or so you easily cover at least 1/2 of the cap with 5 open slots and a few daily quests would finish you off. With less items available for the AH the prices will rise, you now have less ways to make the AD to buy the items, so it does, in effect, cause people to open their wallets. The argument will be made that the prices will even out to the amount of AD people can make, but this argument does not take into account the fact that I can sell Zen and amass a small fortune quickly so desired items will still be sold for a very high price that a non paying player will have a hard time paying because they now have no other source of income. That is why, in my opinion, this change is only being put in place to make people purchase more Zen.

that doesn't change the fact that some people will make botting accounts and roam PvP whole day reaching the cap on each of their characters.

People wont need to open their wallets, all they have to do is botting PvP till they have enough AD to get the over priced items which is way easier than leveling leader ship.

I really like the salvaging system, i just don't like the fact that PvP gear can be salvaged because of the huge bot abuse that we will see there.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ah yes the opportunity to make 3-10k rough diamonds when I used to make 100-300k refined, definitely not going to miss DD now!

Yes PvP bots suck, but glory is currently almost worthless to those that PvP a lot, and making it all BoP and not even able to vendor will make legitimate players unable to accomplish anything whatsoever with PvP. I would agree with not being able to salvage if they offered some other things you could buy with glory.
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    The idea of the salvage system, is to give people a reason to run dungeons, as many people will point out, with the forthcoming changes to the delves system, once you have geared up a character, there is very little reason to keep running dungeons.

So don't worry about it, if you don't like the salvage system, don't use it.. I for one, think its an awesome idea, especially for those days when I barely have much time to log into the game, let alone do much of anything.

But you see, the problem isn't with the salvage system, its with the 24k daily refinement cap. I am already nearing that, even without the salvager. Either the cap needs to be raised, or the salvager should pay in refined AD. So introducing the salvager doesnt really give me a reason to do DD...

It's the income cap that has people upset, not the salvager.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    that doesn't change the fact that some people will make botting accounts and roam PvP whole day reaching the cap on each of their characters.

People wont need to open their wallets, all they have to do is botting PvP till they have enough AD to get the over priced items which is way easier than leveling leader ship.

I really like the salvaging system, i just don't like the fact that PvP gear can be salvaged because of the huge bot abuse that we will see there.

Sadly, this is exactly what is going to happen.

If people like PvP, and by that I mean for the FUN or challenge of it, they should be arguing emphatically for getting rid of all PvP rewards that cannot be used by the player in PvP.

As long as there is a way to make gold or AD from PvP, this will just encourage a never-ending stream of bots....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Sadly, this is exactly what is going to happen.

If people like PvP, and by that I mean for the FUN or challenge of it, they should be arguing emphatically for getting rid of all PvP rewards that cannot be used by the player in PvP.

As long as there is a way to make gold or AD from PvP, this will just encourage a never-ending stream of bots....

I enjoy PvP a lot, and will continue to play it even after all my dailies are down and I'm honor capped. That said why can't something good come from Glory? Maybe something BoP, like dye's or fashion items, or even special enchants. Increase the glory cap and make them very expensive sure, but attainable. The guy that enjoys running dungeons all day can make 500k-1mil in a day. Why should the guy who enjoys doing PvP consistently get nothing?

I guess we're pretty much on the same side as I'd rather see the items BoP. I don't like bots either.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I enjoy PvP a lot, and will continue to play it even after all my dailies are down and I'm honor capped. That said why can't something good come from Glory? Maybe something BoP, like dye's or fashion items, or even special enchants. Increase the glory cap and make them very expensive sure, but attainable. The guy that enjoys running dungeons all day can make 500k-1mil in a day. Why should the guy who enjoys doing PvP consistently get nothing?

I guess we're pretty much on the same side as I'd rather see the items BoP. I don't like bots either.

Well anything that is BoP or isn't sellable or tradable is fine of course since such rewards will still give no reason for bots to bother....
  • Options
    spadgerspadger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only way to address this is to update the PVP gears, and make it so that it grant bonuses when fighting other Players, as opposed to the same bonuses as Dungeon gears. Dungeon gears are always better but what about making PVP gears have bonuses that makes it better when fighting other players and all BOP? Make it more costly and harder to attain as well, apply PVP rank in order to buy higher rank PvP items. Which means make PVP gear specifically good for PVP only, and Dungeon gears good for PVE. This make PVP worthwhile and will even expend the PVP portion of this game which is woefully lacking to include sieges, large scale PVP battles and so on to earn more glory points and rank. I am basing this on my experience from playing The Old Republic and it works. You make PVP specific items that are hard to obtain, and worthless to sell, then you create a system where people actually wants to PVP because they want the glory points to obtain better PVP gears, items, and ranks, and from there you can expand the PVP further from the current limited and uninteresting PVP modes.