test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request : Varied weapon syles.

damnationaldamnational Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have been requesting this for quite some time for this game, and I am a little dissapointed they STILL have not gotten to such a simple task for allowing customization. The basest of RPG games start off with at least 3-4 different weapon styles per class, as a MINIMUM. This game currently supports one~ single~ weapon style for each class, (as far as I know) and that is a joke.

Example: The GWF can only use that stupid Greatsword, what about an Axe or a great Mace? or even a two handed Katana. Why is it so difficult to allow the wizards to equip a staff instead of that floating ball? One thing I know for certain is limiting people to one singluar boring style only hurts yourself as a game. And does not encourage any uniqueness to your hero. Cheers and PLEASE give us more weapon styles!
Post edited by damnational on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1) There ARE different Weapons styles in game. There are both Axes and Maces (for ex.) available for GWF. They are just comparatively uncommon, and the price to Re-Skin an item with one of those models is so high that few people bother.
    2) They are adding two new professions (Weapon Smithing and Armour Smithing, respectively) who's entire PURPOSE is to provide you with Models for your Weapons and Armour. They are due out with Fury of the Feywild, if I remember correctly.
    Hope this helps.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • damnationaldamnational Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes thank you for the update, took me awhile to find my own post in this forum setup. I appreciate the response! looking forward to Feywild.