test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Healing potions are sometimes used but give no HPs

diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I often experience a bug with major healing potions. When i use them, they are consumed but i get no extra HPs. It doesn't happen all the time. I have asked to several players (not many) if they had the same issue, they do. I don't know if it makes a difference, but my major healing potions are always on 6. This happens on all my characters.
Post edited by diogene0 on

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've had this happen with all potion types on all my characters ever since Open Beta (although less frequently now than then). I've never reported it because I couldn't duplicate it reliably and blamed it on lag -- good to know it's not just me.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep, happens to me all the time and I've heard the same complaint from people I play with.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hate this bug so much. I'll be in the middle of a DD being swarmed by mobs, and when I think I'll be able to save myself just for a little bit so I can AoE stun with steal time or cast a sing. I end up drinking a dud potion that doesn't give me hp and still starts the potion cool down anyways.

I feel like the consumables merchant is scamming people by occasionally filling up couple of the potion bottles in the batch with tap water. Very clever consumable merchants... very clever...
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Imagine everything you just said, except while being a DC with all your heals on cooldown because you're saving your allies and you were depending on that potion to bring you back from near death while your party is too focused on the boss to notice that you're getting killed by minions. Not fun. D:
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    very common
  • Options
    stoxbox1stoxbox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We call this dodging the potion. Anytime you use a potion while using a shift roll / teleport / slide the potion will be used, you will get 0 hp, and you will have the re-use time on potion. You can also dodge things like healing word or other party buffs while doing this.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    THAT'S why it happens? Of course I'm going to use a potion and dodge an attack simultaneously, though. If my fingers can reach the keys, I'm going to do two actions at once if it minimizes the chances of dying. Augh, this almost killed me in Icespire yesterday...at least now I finally know why.

My DC is not klutzy enough to drop a potion while dodging, and even if she were she'd just pull out another one without cooldown. Cryptic please logic this. D: