test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat Advantage numbers

daganrsdaganrs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
I have searched all over and I can't find any numbers as to how much of a damage buff combat advantage actually gives. Some sites say its a power buff but not how much power. D&D rules say its a +2 bonus.. but that doesn't help explain anything in this game. I have heard someone claim it was anywhere from 10-20% dmg boost. The only thing I can see on my character page is that my charisma is boosting combat advantage dmg by 5% right now. But surly that can't be the total. Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me. I play a CW and really enjoy renegade which procs combat advantage constantly, just not sure if its even worth it over thaum's raw dmg.
Post edited by daganrs on

Comments

• blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    Based on a 3 million damage sample using ACT, i can confirm that combat advantage is a straight up 15% damage increase. Charisma increases combat advantage by 1% per point. So 20 charisma would be +10% flanking damage, or a 1.5% damage increase for 16.5% damage bonus during combat advantage. In other words, the CA increase from charisma is worthless.
  • daganrsdaganrs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Based on a 3 million damage sample using ACT, i can confirm that combat advantage is a straight up 15% damage increase. Charisma increases combat advantage by 1% per point. So 20 charisma would be +10% flanking damage, or a 1.5% damage increase for 16.5% damage bonus during combat advantage. In other words, the CA increase from charisma is worthless.

Thank you so much for this. So my charisma bonus at 5% right now isn't adding to the base 15%? What I'm seeing is +5% to flanking which is worthless?
  • r1099r1099 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    According to his math it would give you a total Combat Advantage bonus of 15.75% so nearly worthless but not quite.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do admit that CA damage alone isn't that great, but they're are plenty of feats for the TR and CW (down the Renegade tree) that increase the effectiveness for it. Making it more valuable at later levels.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!