test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF: Tab Not Working in PVP

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
This happened to me twice yesterday. In the middle of PVP, Unstoppable Bar gets filled and...! It doesn't work. For the entire session.

I get out of PVP, and it's working again.

Please fix this.
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• eucatastrofeeucatastrofe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This has also happend to me twice, with a week in between. When i mentioned it to my team mates that i was unable to use unstopable becouse my TAB did not work. I was told to buy a new keyboard. lol. The problem had to be on my end becourse nobody ever reported this as a bug.
    It could very well be that the problem was on my end but at least now there are 2 who have encountered this problem.
    A solution would be nice. A gwf without a tab function is like a butcher without a knife.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This has also happend to me twice, with a week in between. A gwf without a tab function is like a butcher without a knife.

Agreed. After this happened, I just spent the rest of the time dying.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    at least GWFs are balanced then :)
  • alfinnetealfinnete Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ridiculous Devs... This problem related a long time, but devs ignore and launch GG first.
  • infernus95infernus95 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem guys. It has also happened in one of the skirmishes at lev 60.
  • lathiezanlllathiezanll Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah this is broken since the start of the game and it really gets time they fix this!!
  • dimm1v1dimm1v1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've encountered the very same bug.

Bumpski!
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, that's a lot of posts! A shame it didn't get fixed in this patch.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • purdydotpurdydot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    actually, it now seems *worse* after the patch.
    worse it two ways.
    1) because as i played today, it was happening a *lot* more than usual. for me, it's pretty much gone from happening randomly, once in a while, to pretty much something that's occurring on a regular basis.
    if it gets any more common than it was for me today, they are going to have to start calling it a "feature".
    2) because up until recently, i was able to fix the problem by alt-tabbing to the desktop, then going back to the game. sometimes it would take a few tries, but it'd always work eventually.
    that was what made the situation bearable to me, since i could still get function back fairly quickly and continue with the dungeon delve or round of pvp, which is where i generally experienced the problem. although trying to find a safe time and place to do the alt-tabbing trick to fix things isn't a boss battle or pvp is still plenty frustrating, at least it was possible.
    now it seems that they've done something that not only makes the problem happen more often, but also disabled the only "easy" way i knew of to fix it.
    anyway, after reading eucatastrofe's post about the keyboard, i thought i might point out that this problem was occurring today on both my computer and my wife's.
    the there's the bug on two different keyboards, made by two different companies, on two different computers in the same house.
    which already makes it fairly unlikely that we'd both have malfunctioning keyboards, but their thought of it being caused a bad/broken keyboard is completely moot anyway considering how i used to be able to fix it.
    after all, if the tab key was actually *broken*, it would be impossible to use the alt+tab key combination to get to the windows desktop. and considering i was sometimes needing to alt-tab to the desktop a few times in a row before the tab key would work in game, and every single time i used alt+tab it always brought up the desktop, that pretty much rules out a broken tab key.
    or to put it very simply, in windows, the tab key *always works*, and while the game is running, using alt+tab in order to jump in or out of the game also *always works*, but in game, attempting to use the tab key to trigger your special power *does NOT always work*.
    so in windows the tab key itself never stopped working in the first place. the only situation where the tab key stops working, is when it stops being able to trigger your special power in game.
    and even then, the tab key itself hasn't actually stopped working, it just stops doing what it is supposed to do in game.
    anyway, last but not least, i should also say that as far as making things worse, i can't really blame the most recent patch itself for certain, because i didn't play as much for a few days, and since the bug had gotten to be a lot less common that it used to be, basically i hadn't been hit by the bug for at at least a few days, and therefore also didn't have any reason to try using alt+tab in order to fix it.
    so i can really only *suspect* that it's the patch that's both caused me to start having the bug more often and is now also preventing me from being able to fix the bug after it occurs. and i suppose that in theory something else could have occurred recently that has caused those things to happen. but the patch is certainly the biggest and most obvious recent change, and thus the most likely suspect.
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, instead of fixing the Unstoppable bug which has been around for almost over 3 months, they have gone ahead and decided that Unstoppable needs a nerf. What is the point of a GWF that cannot use Unstoppable? Was already a broken class. After next patch, will be a dead class.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Lol yeah cryptic is fixing this with next patch, tab will just be useless all the time instead of just not working sometimes =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agreed. After this happened, I just spent the rest of the time dying.

This happened yesterday and I STILL was somehow able to go 15-2 being at the FAR point the entire time.

I did a 1v1 against another GWF who had unstoppable, I barely killed him and he says "good game" once I told him I didnt have unstoppable he was quiet and didnt say anything the rest of the match.

I lold good and wanted to share:)

This is a VERY big issue and I feel like a fish out of water without it. It really shows you how reliant we are on unstoppable and ALSO how needed it is for our class, we are sitting ducks without it.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Has happened to me in Aberrant Assault before, several times.
  • beastlad1beastlad1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Right, this is also happening to me!!
    I was banging my keyboard out of anger in pvp cause of this, dieing when i should have slapped my enemy silly.
    Iv also updated my keyboard drivers thinking it may be that, and then i find out other people are having the same problem and its the game!! So iv been smacking my keyboard and loosing my temper cause of the devs!
    CAN YOU PLEASE FIX PROBLEM! Its driving me silly and ruining my gaming experience!
    Its putting me off my Great Weapon Fighter! and i love that class

Sort this out Devs please!
  • ggyuggyu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, that's a lot of posts! A shame it didn't get fixed in this patch.

You know what the real shame ?? that unstoppable stop working bug been here since Beta ,mean 4 month i think
    KILLERDDDD