test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF - Unstoppable not working in PVP

djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Looks like unstoppable is stoppable after all due to a random bug

I know im not the only one but unstoppable in pvp just randomly stops working for the rest of the match. completely hindering the class all together. It will only fix up once u have left the match and in one instance for myself i had to relog. This is such a problem need and it needs to be addressed
Post edited by djleber on

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't seen this at all... My PvP today was fine. How did this occur for you?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its just random. it just stops working completely. ive spoken to other GWF's that have this issue too and its not all the time, its happens barely at all but when it does its really offputting. might happen once every 5-10 matches but it shouldnt happen at all
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only time I have run into this is when I accidentally tap enter and it puts me in chat mode. Of course that stops everything except at wills. . .
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    fordrainefordraine Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had this issue as well. It happened to me once in the level 10-19 bracket, and then never happened again. I've put in a bug report about it, maybe you can too to keep this issue afloat.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ambermaj wrote: »
    The only time I have run into this is when I accidentally tap enter and it puts me in chat mode. Of course that stops everything except at wills. . .

lol of course that would stop it, but no it just doesnt work. every other skill works except the unstoppable
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's happened to me in PvP twice and once in Idris. Had to close out NW completely and restart the launcher. Hasn't happened since then though. Twice came from being Dazed though. The third time just happened out of nowhere when I respawned.
  • Options
    adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    happened to me as well. The tab button stops responding. Happened like three times. What I have noticed is that when you hit tab and your meter fills right away after unstoppable ends, the tab goes broke.

I also saw something in a pvp game today that had to be an exploit. A GWF was invisible and doing Avalanche of Swords constantly. I loaded AoS and tried to duplicate but could not do it. Anyone else seen this?
  • Options
    dignamdignam Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    djleber wrote: »

I know im not the only one but unstoppable in pvp just randomly stops working for the rest of the match. completely hindering the class all together. It will only fix up once u have left the match and in one instance for myself i had to relog. This is such a problem need and it needs to be addressed

Mine hasnt worked at all for almost 2 weeks now. No answers from support so I simply can not play. Its great fun.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Our Rogue couldn't use their stealth skill last night during a boss fight, their tab key stopped responding as well, so I get the feeling it's not just us. It's probably the same thing that's bugging out GF block if I had to guess.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    A couple of questions:

Does your determination still fill up?

Can you active the skill and watch your determination drop without any effects?

Does the skill not activate at all even when determination is filled?

Have you tried a different keyboard?
  • Options
    karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    Our Rogue couldn't use their stealth skill last night during a boss fight, their tab key stopped responding as well, so I get the feeling it's not just us. It's probably the same thing that's bugging out GF block if I had to guess.

Revalation!
  • Options
    eituquebebeeituquebebe Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It happened to my stamina before.
  • Options
    sagroth88sagroth88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    karaad wrote: »
    A couple of questions:

Yeah, determination does fill up but you just can't use it (pressing tab has no effect). I have had this bug happen to me alot recently. For me, it seems to occur after a gf uses one of his knockback abilities on me. I don't think my keyboard is the problem, my unstoppable starts working again after the pvp match ends, dying and then respawning might also fix it.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Definitely had this happen to me twice. VERY annoying. It's a bug particular to the game, too. At first I thought my Tab key was faulty, but then I realized I could use it otherwise. Logging out and back in fixes it, but shouldn't be there. Randomly happens, haven't been able to figure out why because it hasn't happened enough.
  • Options
    dignamdignam Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    karaad wrote: »
    A couple of questions:

It fills up like normal but does not activate, just stays full. Tried everything that could be on my end. Weeks without response from them. Seeing as they let people exploit the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the game and they are P2W focussed I guess it is crazy to think they care at all about fixing something like this for me. I know I will now never give a single $ to this company.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Great now both fighters have glitch moves that are absolutely essential to there play. Not to mention that the fighters have been getting lv 60 dungeon kicks just for being fighters. Now our moves don't function correctly and players have more reasons to kick us.
  • Options
    silvist00silvist00 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Heyo,

I didn't actually see the topic for this earlier, my apologies for creating another thread about the same thing. I had unstoppable bug out (25% of my pvp matches today).

I noticed it would happen like the OP said, unusable the entire pvp battle (tab would do nothing). It normally occurred when I was hit with several debuffs, which was most likely CW or TR stuns. Then what would happen is my determination bar would keep filling up, and it would do nothing at all if I hit tab.

For whatever reason, I kept in the pvp match because my team was actually winning lol (fail me). During this pvp match where I had this issue, randomly 5 minutes later it showed my character having unstoppable wearing off. This still didn't allow me to use it, but it was very odd. The only other time I've seen this delay is if you get on your mount while under unstoppable (has a slight delay in wearing off).

The biggest question I have for everyone who is experiencing this issue, is did you report it as a bug?? I actually looked on my server "mindflayer" and no ticket has been submitted for it. For whatever reason I couldn't even figure out how to file a ticket (which I still intend to do). I'm just curious if anyone has attempted to see if Cryptic is aware of this issue.

For without having unstoppable that's like rogue not being able to stealth the entire pvp match.
  • Options
    purdydotpurdydot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wanted to verify that this has been, and still is a problem. today has been about the worst i've seen, maybe due to all the recent patching or possibly i happened to be playing a lot of pvp today which is definately where my tab key gets the most use.
    i can't recall if i've had this happen in pve, i've had it happen more times that i can count in pvp and dungeons.
    of course dungeons are another place where the tab key can get a lot of exercise, so it's quite possible that the reason it either hasn't happened to me in pve, or was rare enough my brain didn't bother remembering, is simply because i never used the tab nearly as much while whacking on map mobs.
    anyway, it seemed like it became less common for a little while, which at first i thought might have been because i turned off auto-hide on my windows task bar after noticing it sometimes was appearing over the lower edge of the window while in game. but then it happened a couple of more times after that which shot down that theory.
    today though, it's been really bad. had it happen in multiple pvp rounds, and my wife just had it happen while in the middle of the final boss battle during a dungeon delve.
    the reason i bothered to look online for information today wasn't just because the bug was happening to me on a regular basis again, but rather because now the situation has a new "twist" to it that makes it much harder to live with.
    the difference that i've only started seeing today, is that a little while back i'd figured out sort of a quick fix or workaround to deal with the problem when it would happen.
    i'd found that if i ran a little ways out of danger and used alt-tab to minimize the game and get to the desktop, about 90% of the time when i'd alt tab again or double clicked the minimized game tab on the task bar to get back into game, the tab key would start working again immediately.
    the other 10% or so of the time, it still wouldn't work, and when it was stubborn like that, then i might have to do the alt-tab trick a couple of more times, but even when it got stubborn it would still always work after alt tabbing a few more times.
    that little trick/fix also worked on my wife's computer as well.
    well, i've tried it a ton of times today on both my computer and my wife's, and now the only easy way i knew to fix the problem no longer works no matter how many times i've tried it.
    restarting the game and some other things that aren't practical while in dungeons or pvp have worked to get the tab key working again, but since the only time I *really* need the tab key badly, such as in pvp or while battling a dungeon boss, happen to also be the worst times for doing things like restarting your game, it's gone from being an occasional temporary annoyance to something that is starting to become practically intolerable. at least for me.
    it was especially bad this morning for a few hours when the game was acting very laggy/buggy and about 4 out of 5 teams i played on were losing one or more people from disconnects in the first two minutes or so.
    so already almost every match was an uphill struggle from the get-go but then with the bug showing up even more that normal, and "quick fix" suddenly no longer working, it was exponentially worse. and it really wasn't any kind of enjoyable play experience whatsoever.
    at this point i'd probably be satisfied if they still couldn't fix the bug, but at *least* would undo whatever they changed that made the quick-fix stop working.
    for reference, and since karaad had a few questions in an earlier post...
    i've experienced the bug on two different computers (mine and my wife's).
    both are reasonable spec machines running windows 7 pro 64-bit and 16 gigs of ram. both run intel based asus system boards. her's has an i7 on a sabertooth and i run an e8400 core2 duo on a rampage extreme. both use ati/amd hd 6870 video cards.
    they are well maintained and updated systems, and the systems are fairly "clean", as in, they don't have a lot of extra junk installed and running in the background. no fancy optimizations, common problems caused with games/drivers on win 7 such as issues with directx,.net framework, vc++ 2005/2008/2010 already taken care of long ago.
    about the only 3rd party non-driver related software that commonly runs while the game is played are microsoft security essentials and skype.
    and here's my answers to karaad's questions:
    1) Does your determination still fill up?
    since this almost always happened at the worst possible times when there was a lot of action and pressure involved while trying to survive in the game and deal with the bug, i didn't keep track of many specifics, but since my wife was having the bug occur while i was reading these questions, i can answer based on what i saw while she was playing.
    yes. while she was playing and unable to trigger her special power via the tab key, her determination bar was completely full with the little icon in the middle of the bar flashing. the bar never decreased at all the entire time i was watching (maybe 5 to 10 minutes. i started watching about half way through the boss battle). her other keys and powers like q,e,r for encounters powers and such, worked normally.
    2) Can you active the skill and watch your determination drop without any effects?
    since the tab key stopped being able to trigger the special power, it was impossible to activate the skill. so it is unknown what would have happened if the skill could have been triggered.
    3) Does the skill not activate at all even when determination is filled?
    skill does not activate at all no matter how full the meter is. it should be triggerable anywhere over 50%, and while her bar was at 100% the entire time i was watching, i can say that when i experienced the bug during pvp earlier and died many times which reset the determination bar to 0% automatically, and it would start refilling when i'd get back into the battle, and it wouldn't trigger at 51% or 75% or any other percent. the tab key would do nothing at all at any time.
    4) Have you tried a different keyboard?
    well, if you mean did try changing out the keyboard on either of the computers with a different one, then no. but in my case, the bug was already experienced on two different keyboards anyway, since each computer has it's own keyboard, and the keyboards are completely different. i use a usb wireless logitech keyboard, and she hewlett packard keyboard running off a ps/2 port.
    both keyboards use the generic windows keyboard driver and no 3rd party software was installed for any sort of extra functionality or anything like that.
    as an additional comment, i'm assuming you asked in a effort to rule out a possible hardware problem with the keyboard.
    so i thought i should probably point out that when even though the tab key doesn't do anything in game while the bug is occuring and effectively acts like a "dead key", you can still use the alt-tab key combination to jump to the desktop just like normal. so the tab key itself still technically "works", it just doesn't work in the in game. so, when the bug occurs, windows can still use the tab key like normally, but the game seemingly cannot.

one last thing i will add, just as a bit of speculation.
    i play the game on my tv from my couch with the keyboard in my lap, so while i'm playing the game, the keyboard will sometimes shift or slide a bit and basically isn't always in the same place, so it's not that uncommon for me to hit some of the the wrong keys while playing. and i've noticed that i get especially sloppy when it comes to trying to hit the tab key in the heat of the battle during pvp, and a lot of times i end up hitting the caps lock key, or the caps lock key and tab key at the same time. the caps key and the caps key+tab combo are the 2 that i've noticed and know about, but it's also possible might hit one or more of the other keys near the tab key or a combination of them on a fairly regular basis while playing.
    so, while that might not matter, since some key combinations can trigger various functions in games and/or windows, it made me wonder a few times if i'm accidentally hitting some combination of keys that might be somehow triggering the bug.
    although, since i've now read some posts about other people experiencing the bug as well, that seems a bit less likely, since most people probably aren't nearly as sloppy with their key presses as i am.