test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now Available: New Mystic mount and Phoera companion!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited September 2013 in News & Announcements
If you haven't opened a Nightmare Lockbox lately, you're in luck! We're introducing new and rare Mystic versions of the popular Heavy Inferno Nightmare mount and the fiery Phoera companion into the Nightmare Lockbox for one week only!

7iffsGJ.jpg

Learn more here, http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=955081, including important information about upcoming lockbox changes.

"Starting today, August 15, Nightmare Lockboxes will contain the Mystic versions of both the Heavy Inferno Nightmare mount and the Phoera companion. These new lockboxes will drop for one week until Fury of the Feywild is released. After Module 1 is live, these Mystic versions of the Nightmare Lockbox will return back to the normal version, but no new Nightmare Lockboxes will drop after the Module is live and existing ones will not be deleted. If you wish to obtain a Mystic mount or companion, please open your lockboxes before Thursday, August 22! The new Feywild Lockbox will appear in game after Fury of the Feywild is released. More information will be available on these new lockboxes next week."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jediknight16jediknight16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Zen bonus and new items in lockboxes, well that's really a good plan to make all players buy zen.. It's great for Cryptic and Perfect World to fill their pockets, and all players who bought zen earlier and spent them can just buy again ! Don't be too greedy guys
  • Options
    harrybushtillharrybushtill Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will mystic keys bought before the lockbox change work with the new lock boxes?
  • Options
    baconstewbaconstew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Too bad I can't buy any Zen either through Paypal nor CC.

Would be nice if Perfectworld had an account in the U.S. instead of running through moneybookers in London.

Tip for Perfectworld/Cryptic. For the US market, make sure that you have an account within the US or US Approved, otherwise Fraud management companies will continue to keep moneybookers, skril on their "suspicious list", thus requiring US card/paypal holders to go through hoops to get a transaction through either. And i have high standing with both, so it isn't an enough funds issues, nor other simpleton arguments of the like.
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    baconstew wrote: »
    Too bad I can't buy any Zen either through Paypal nor CC.

baconstew,you can use PayPal for buying ZEN,paypal is in the list of how you want to make your purchase,it's what I use.
  • Options
    mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    question answered; delete
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baconstewbaconstew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One would think it would be that easy, but everytime I try I get this message. I have enough funds in my paypal account. Contacted perfectworld, they said contact paypal, contacted paypal, they gave me canned response, replied back still no reply. Cannot use my credit/debit card because the 3rd party that perfectworld goes through is on a suspicious list through my financial institution, and requires me to call them and say I am buying this through moneybookers. Can buy stuff left and right through amazon with my paypal or other sites. Here, not so much. Had to run hoops with my FI just to get the Founders pack as well.

Paypal error after trying to get zen:

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).
  • Options
    vigortavigorta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Buy a money pack card and add some money to your pay pal account that way. Its quick and easy. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Give it a week or two. You may be glad you were delayed in buying it.
  • Options
    magrynmagryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    **** you Cryptic......I joined this game for the first closed Beta and played right up until today. In five minutes I'm wiping this ****ing mess from my PC for good. At first I had high hopes that this game, that It would rise above the other Pay to Win **** ups that are called MMOs but sadly your like all the rest ..even worse your the Lance Armstrong of the MMO world. You lie straight to us and then dig deeper into our pockets. It's almost Fraudulent. If I never see this sorry <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game again it will be to soon
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    magryn wrote: »
    **** you Cryptic......I joined this game for the first closed Beta and played right up until today. In five minutes I'm wiping this ****ing mess from my PC for good. At first I had high hopes that this game, that It would rise above the other Pay to Win **** ups that are called MMOs but sadly your like all the rest ..even worse your the Lance Armstrong of the MMO world. You lie straight to us and then dig deeper into our pockets. It's almost Fraudulent. If I never see this sorry <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game again it will be to soon

Finally more and more people are waking up, slowly but certainly realizing what this shoddy business practice is all about. It's all fraud, no balance in the game whatsoever, nothing that is needed is coming, utterly redundant and not helpful stuff is being added to the game constantly, whiner complaints are listened to, good classes are being nerfed just because many can't play theirs well, there's a lot to mention, that doesn't even fit into one post, but this, like all their games were created for one purpose only - make a lot of money.
  • Options
    thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah. I don't think NW should be advertised as free to play. Subscription-free would be better. People see "free" and join only to be pissed off to find all the shiny stuff is for Zen. You don't have to spend a dime, but, to be sparkly then you are def dropping $$$ for shiny stuff (esp. if you have a life).
  • Options
    nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if it's that bad. I bought the guardian of neverwinter pack, sure it has a dire wolf companion which is better than the free companions, but I've tried sellsword when dire wolf is training, sellsword is still pretty good.

Apart from that haven't had any real urge to buy anything...oh I might want to buy a Neverember guard.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah. I don't think NW should be advertised as free to play. Subscription-free would be better. People see "free" and join only to be pissed off to find all the shiny stuff is for Zen. You don't have to spend a dime, but, to be sparkly then you are def dropping $$$ for shiny stuff (esp. if you have a life).

So like every other other free to play game?
  • Options
    jahru2jahru2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How do u add ppl
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    <insert sarcasm here>oh joy, the horsey has a purple mane and tail now. That makes it SOOOO different. Just like the 'new' recoloured vehicles in Champions.

free to play means no subscription. You get the game. Look up the term Freemium, that is the sparklies in the zen store.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    unitakira wrote: »
    over 1k spent and no companion or mount so go figure the drop rate and im not crying im just putting it out there and i spent that much just to test just how much u would have to spend.

You seriously spent 1000$ and got nothing........... Jesus Christ.......
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You seriously spent 1000$ and got nothing........... Jesus Christ.......

same here, well not QUITE $1K but pretty darn close ... enough that i won't be able to buy the feywild when it comes out ... and no mystic horse or mystic phoera companion after spending all that money buying zen to buy keys. my son's on a different shard and he had the same thing, lots of money spent to buy zen to buy keys ... many many lockboxes, neither of the two mount/companion and they weren't even giving out the purple runes (lesser tenebrous, etc) like they were before :(
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In the future, might I suggest using the AH?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    same here, well not QUITE $1K but pretty darn close ... enough that i won't be able to buy the feywild when it comes out ... and no mystic horse or mystic phoera companion after spending all that money buying zen to buy keys. my son's on a different shard and he had the same thing, lots of money spent to buy zen to buy keys ... many many lockboxes, neither of the two mount/companion and they weren't even giving out the purple runes (lesser tenebrous, etc) like they were before :(

Well, a blatant example of a total rip-off. If people don't wake up now, then never. I mean, what's it for them to gives us a compensation for all that money spent, a virtual item in a virtual world that doesn't even influence gameplay anyhow and everyone would be happy, but no, to them even such a thing is a big deal.

Greedy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    exactly ... and THEN someone had the nerve to call me a 'play for pay' b%#@h because i didn't attack the 'correct' boss and i had the dire wolf out at the time? exactly WHAT makes me 'play for pay'??? i fought just as hard or harder than anyone in that party ... i've not even played since then, just done my daily incantations and worked on my professions and logged back off ever so often.
  • Options
    rogueivrogueiv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will the products the Trade Bar merchant has change when the new expansion goes live? There's some things in there I wouldn't mind getting but I don't want to find out that they're all gone tomorrow or that I should have held out and waited for new stuff.
  • Options
    rogueivrogueiv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd also like to formally complain about the drop rates of epic equipment from these boxes. It seems like the more you open the more likely you are to get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you don't want. Meanwhile everyone else is getting nightmares and here I am stuck with the slowest horse known to mankind getting out run by everyone in my party.
  • Options
    don1bong2don1bong2 Banned Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    seriously.. Banned for sharing a quest that i assumed was allowed to be shared. pathetic.. you can delete the post or ban the account you wont silence the gaming community!!
  • Options
    stoxbox2stoxbox2 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    don1bong2 wrote: »
    seriously.. Banned for sharing a quest that i assumed was allowed to be shared. pathetic.. you can delete the post or ban the account you wont silence the gaming community!!

No more nightmare for you. =P
  • Options
    hillyfarhillyfar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Love the game!! My only comment is the lack of healing companions in the 30 level. I see plenty of attack types , but being a death dealing CW I don't need an attack type:). I need a background healer to keep me healed while I dish out nasty spells. My guardian does well with earth elemental though.

60 level guard
    45 level CW