Quest: An Orc Massacre

antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Description:

Quest: An Orc Massacre
Campaign: An Echo of the Forgotten Ballad
Time: 30-35 minutes
Tags: #Story #Lore #Combat

Things have been relatively quiet in the Kingdom of Clan Diamond-Axe. Repairs have been under way and life has returned to a semblance of normal. However, the attack will not be forgotten. King Durgim of the Dwarves has sworn vengeance and his best scouts have been searching for Thayan Orc activity.

The scouts have returned and you have been called on for help once again. This time to infiltrate and destroy a tribe of Many Arrows Orcs that are being lead by a Thayan Orc and a Red Wizard.

Code: NW-DGE5X9T56 (Also searchable under @antonkyle)

Orsonfire_zpsb6e97084.jpg

Cave1_zpsc8db09ae.jpg

stronghold_zps57f71596.jpg
Post edited by antonkyle on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Bump...

bumpety!
  • Options
    aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Ok, I'll trade you a review then. :) My quest is in my signature.

EDIT: Played it.

It's a good continuation quest, I guess those who are fans of dwarves will be pleased. :)

Noticed wall flickering in one early corridor (textures not merging properly).

Text errors I noticed:

Notice board: my quest's -> my quests
    Nessa: in front of you is the thayan orc and red wizard -> bad grammar i think -> is used for two people.
    Daileass: Dwarfs -> shouldn't it be Dwarves?

I didn't notice much else wrong with the text tbh.
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • Options
    vephidvephid Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    I'm up for trading too, will play your foundry tonight so meanwhile have a bump!
    Check out my campaign "A time of need" NWS-DK9TIAT7J! I'm still seeking and trading reviews, feel free to send me a message with your foundry code and I will play them as soon as possible.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Looking for more trades.
  • Options
    vephidvephid Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    Played and reviewed your quest few minutes ago.

It's a really nice quest and I liked it a lot, there are some suggestions that I will pm you tomorrow.

The story was great, reminds me of Lotr at times, and the mapping was nicely done.

Good job!
    Check out my campaign "A time of need" NWS-DK9TIAT7J! I'm still seeking and trading reviews, feel free to send me a message with your foundry code and I will play them as soon as possible.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    vephid wrote: »
    Played and reviewed your quest few minutes ago.

It's a really nice quest and I liked it a lot, there are some suggestions that I will pm you tomorrow.

The story was great, reminds me of Lotr at times, and the mapping was nicely done.

Good job!

Cheers dude!
  • Options
    ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Checking yours out now, antonkyle, the one I need looked at is in my signature.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to trying finding out what the deal is, but your notice board right at the beginning locked up the client. Had to task manager out.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ephiroll wrote: »
    I'm going to trying finding out what the deal is, but your notice board right at the beginning locked up the client. Had to task manager out.

Not sure why that is! Seems to work fine now. I'll be playing yours now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wasn’t able to finish. Two attempts.

1st: The message board at the beginning completely locked up the client, but worked fine the second time. First time ever I’ve had to task manager out of the game itself. I have the foundry many times, but not the game. I recommend getting rid of it to prevent future loses of reviews and play throughs because I have no idea why it would have done that.

2nd: Got to the Orc camp, had to find Nessa. No one to talk to. The map marker for the objective was buried under the stone behind the wizard and orc with no way to get to it, and the waypoint if turned on led you off the edge of the map. Couldn’t go any furture.

Play: I really didn’t play it enough to know. I was only able to go through the mines and caves and then got to the orc camp. Killed maybe one group of bad guys. Spent most my time running around looking for invisible walls or floors to get past where I got stuck.

Story: There’s several comma’s missing from the beginning of the dialog with Durgim. Mostly in conjunction with names, but some from between compound sentences. ‘your Majesty’ is used as a proper noun and needs capitalized as ‘Your Majesty’. The dwarves staying behind like they did didn’t make much sense to me, and I don’t feel matched Dwarven lore. They’re a warrior society. It’d be unheard of for an entire war party to sit one out because one member went down. I’d just make them too drunk or something to go. The last thing I actually was able to do was ‘sneaking’ up and killing the orcs with the dagger. It is a real cool idea. However, all the guards are placed to be looking away from where an actual guard would be looking, and therefore, it doesn’t require any effort for the player complete the objective.

Tech: Enemies were spread thin and easy. Guard placement didn’t present a challenge to the player. And just couldn’t finish.

Good luck with it. It’s a good start.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

2nd: Got to the Orc camp, had to find Nessa. No one to talk to. The map marker for the objective was buried under the stone behind the wizard and orc with no way to get to it, and the waypoint if turned on led you off the edge of the map. Couldn’t go any furture.

Clearly you didn't read the quest then. The Elven contact tells you to go round the back and climb the wall. Nessa is on top of the wall. Anyway a good spot, I will set it so it's not possible to enter the fort from the front.

I played and left you an in game review. One thing I would mention though is most of your interactions can still be interacted with after they have been done. An example: I spoke with Phil, spoke with his friends and the Genie. Killed Phil but can still talk to Phil in the garden, can still talk to his friends behind the door and still interact with the basket. There are lots more too.

Other than that it was fine. Although scroll 1 was there a couple of times. Liked the nonchalant joke.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'll take another look, but I looked up for anything and didn't see anyone.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Man, there's different errors in this every time I play it.

3rd attempt: Everything went smooth at first. This time the Nassa marker wasn't in the stone and found her. It says in the back, but it's subjective considering the player has no clue what side is which and she's on what I'd call the right side. Talked to her, killed the orc and wizard then got the mission to kill as many orcs as possible. Killed the savage and several other groups I found, about 5, and got credit for 3 of the 6. Spent 20 minutes running around the outside of the map and crossing it looking for something to kill. Found the wolves, the bear, the totem, the torch. But couldn't continue because there was nothing to finish killing for that quest.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Man, there's different errors in this every time I play it.

3rd attempt: Everything went smooth at first. This time the Nassa marker wasn't in the stone and found her. It says in the back, but it's subjective considering the player has no clue what side is which and she's on what I'd call the right side. Talked to her, killed the orc and wizard then got the mission to kill as many orcs as possible. Killed the savage and several other groups I found, about 5, and got credit for 3 of the 6. Spent 20 minutes running around the outside of the map and crossing it looking for something to kill. Found the wolves, the bear, the totem, the torch. But couldn't continue because there was nothing to finish killing for that quest.

I have played that map three times and can't find any problems, I also played through the quest in game and found no problems. I have moved some Orcs which wander, they seemed to hide behind the tent sometimes so that should help that. As for the chat with Nessa it's only subjective if you don't read it. She actually tell you to stand behind her with the wizard in view. I have also added an invisible wall so you can't leave the fort until the Orcs have been killed. they are all inside.

One thing I will add, do get many errors like this? I saw another post on another thread, could be you need to run the fix. I think it can be found on the log-in window. Maybe worth having a look. Don't worry about finishing this one. I wouldn't want to force you. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I really think a lot of these bugs lately have to do with the patches. Reviews are showing up scrambled on some quests I look up, and other weird stuff. You have another one you need looked at?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Photo's added. Still looking for 8 more plays for Daily, I will exchange reviews.
    I really think a lot of these bugs lately have to do with the patches. Reviews are showing up scrambled on some quests I look up, and other weird stuff. You have another one you need looked at?

Probably, always finding bugs.
  • Options
    crowgate1crowgate1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll play and review your quest - sounds intriguing! If you have the time, check mine out (details in my signature), 'cause I need the reviews! :D
    NW-DGVPL17X5 THUNDERHORN - willing to trade reviews, thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Played through 'A Dwarven Rebellion'. Basically the same map, but a world of difference in how it runs. They aren't comparable.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    crowgate1 wrote: »
    I'll play and review your quest - sounds intriguing! If you have the time, check mine out (details in my signature), 'cause I need the reviews! :D

Cool. I'll play yours now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Played through 'A Dwarven Rebellion'. Basically the same map, but a world of difference in how it runs. They aren't comparable.

You think that is better? I don't. First map is the same. Had to remake it to save on detail.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

That's what I call a quest. Thought it was great. I took my Dwarf GF and actually found it to be a bit of a challenge. Only died once though and that was thanks to your cheeky little trap.

Only thing I can offer in the way of advise is add more detail.

The sparkly thing was odd on the first map as it took me up the hill so I was being thanked for killing something I hadn't yet killed. I turned it off after that. To be honest I only turned it on because I couldn't find the first bit in PE. Would be useful to have a marker. I don't know the street names so had to wonder round looking. I think I even picked this quest up before and scrapped it because of that.

Great quest though. Plus I was your 5th review so you will be on the new tab now. ;)
  • Options
    crowgate1crowgate1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice maps with lots of eye candy, plus an interesting storyline and interactions with NPCs. I did get a bit lost once or twice: first time, I fell inside the keep before talking to Nessa, and couldn't find a way out again; second time, I wandered for about 20 minutes in the goblin cave before realising I had to go back and discover the blood streak on the floor by Daileass - that one is probably my fault, as I was eager to see what was behind the stone door. Only other niggle was the odd typo - the most egregious being the 'puncher wound' on Daileass' corpse (think 'puncture' is the word you want). This is minor, however, and nothing a bit of a proofread won't fix. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Cheers, mate, and thanks... it is my first Foundry, so I realise it is nowhere near as swank as yours - pretty straight-ahead, actually. I only left the first quest item in town (finding Skelli's house) as a puzzle because I couldn't figure out how to leave a marker on the PE map... a **** mistake, I'm sure. I'll go back and see if I can fix that...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Cheers, mate, and thanks... it is my first Foundry, so I realise it is nowhere near as swank as yours - pretty straight-ahead, actually. I only left the first quest item in town (finding Skelli's house) as a puzzle because I couldn't figure out how to leave a marker on the PE map... a **** mistake, I'm sure. I'll go back and see if I can fix that...

This was my fourth and I do think they get better. My first was terrible. It's still up and I love it but it's pretty bad. It seems to get good ratings despite being full of bugs and spelling mistakes which is the only reason it is still up.

I would love to see more of your Dwarves. They were really funny. Thanks for the review. 7 more now for the daily.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    You think that is better? I don't. First map is the same. Had to remake it to save on detail.

I can't speak for the quest as a whole because I couldn't finish Massacre, but the actual play is much smoother. It's almost like there's a bug or conflicting triggers in Massacre that show up randomly. I've played more than 20 foundry quests in the last couple weeks and out of them all there's only been three I couldn't finish, yours was the third. Each one had another error further in every time I'd retry, yet, other people were able to complete them, just like Massacre. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I need plays and no one wants to exchange! This thread has generated 3 plays for me. So that's three reviews I have done in three days thanks to this thread.

I have even had time to run some foundry quest's that were not exchanges. Play some of the in game content. Play about 20 pvp matches and level up four levels in Leatherworking. I also had time to play a bit of chivalry medieval warfare.

When you also consider I don't think I have ever given less than a four star rating.... I guess people don't want reviews from me.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That's how it is with reviews, man. A good review ratio is 4:1. Meaning plan to do 4 reviews to get one, give or take 1, depending on any number of factors.
  • Options
    sarlacc1979sarlacc1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 47
    edited August 2013
    I liked the quest, it was fun with a good mix of story and combat. The only comments/suggestions I have would be to add a bit more detail to the cave/mine and the cave was a bit on the dark side. Other than that, great quest.

I hope you'll try mine too, The Missing Unseen NW-DLW8SB9CN. Its a bit more hack & slash than yours, meant to be a quick daily run. hope you enjoy it.
    Please try my Foundry campaign, "Olivia's Trials".
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I liked the quest, it was fun with a good mix of story and combat. The only comments/suggestions I have would be to add a bit more detail to the cave/mine and the cave was a bit on the dark side. Other than that, great quest.

I hope you'll try mine too, The Missing Unseen NW-DLW8SB9CN. Its a bit more hack & slash than yours, meant to be a quick daily run. hope you enjoy it.

It's an odd one because I like to play hack and slash but like to make more story themed quests. Sure I will play it. I try to play all the quests people have on here. ;)

When the 22nd Aug patch comes I will be going over all my quests and adding much more detail. It's a little lazy but I can't be bothered to keep going from 2d to 3d to 2d just to see if things feel right. I really put the bare minimum imo. When it's quicker I will do more but if it takes longer than 15+ hours I start to loose interest fast and the change from 2d to 3d to 2d just takes sooo long.

Thanks for the review.