test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In Game Video settings that will reduce rubberbanding.

xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have come up with some video settings that help's reduce some of the lag and rubber banding issue in this game.

Make sure you play this game in Windowed maximized mode not full screen.

For any Cryptics games do not use full screen it just plain sucks even with a power full video card.

If you use Windowed maximized this will let you use your Alt option to exit game and use your dual or triple screen setup.I hate full screen mode be cause it will crash game some times if you use Start key or Alt + Tab where the game will minimize into the task bar.

Deatail

World Texture Quality - 100% default

Character Texture Quality - 200%

World Detail Distance -100%

Terrain Detail Distance -100%

Character Detail Distance -200%

Show High Detail Objects -On

Max Physics Debris Objects -100%

Postprocessing -On

Visual FX Quality -Medium

Soft Particles -On

Bloom Quality - Off

Screen-space Ambient Occlusion - On

Cinematic Focus - On

Underwater view - On

Reflection Quality - Low

Framerate Stablizer - On

Auto-stabalize Framerate - On

Limit CPU Usage When Inactive - Off

Multi-core Rendering - On

Use Full Detail Character Animation - On

GPU Accelerated Particles - On

Reduced File Streaming - Off

Software cursor - Off

Minimum Shadow buffer bias - Off

Reduce CPU/GPU usage - Off

Limit Frame Rate - 60

Video memory Limit - Auto

I have played Star Trek online for 3 years since season two i was one of the beta testers.These will help with some of the issues that this game faces but not every thing.Most of the rubber banding issue comes from Cryptic it self for letting 150 + people on one instance that is there fault not are's.

One other little tip if you got a secondary hard drive i would recommend on reinstalling all your PWE games on that instead of the Main OS.This will all so help be cause the Star trek and neverwinter games are so big in size it will save space on your main OS HD.This way your main hard drive does not have to work so hard to find all the info.
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Post edited by xcom43 on

Comments

• Options
    thunderfoot23thunderfoot23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, this is a useful start for me to experiment with, especially knowing not to use Full Screen, I'd assumed that would be better.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, this is a useful start for me to experiment with, especially knowing not to use Full Screen, I'd assumed that would be better.

Yes i would recommend not using full screen with any cryptic game.

Mods Can this Thread put as a sticky so it does not get lost.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    bryhainbryhain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't see how this would help with rubberbanding which isn't related to graphics lag. Useful if you are getting graphics lag though.
  • Options
    thunderfoot23thunderfoot23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This helps a lot in the enclave, I'm still getting slowdowns in the Enclave but nowhere near as much except near the Auction House where things almost stop. There's still a small amount of rubberbanding everywhere.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bryhain wrote: »
    I don't see how this would help with rubber banding which isn't related to graphics lag. Useful if you are getting graphics lag though.

I did not say that this will stop the rubber banding issue that is cryptic's fault for letting way to many people on one instance in PE.
    This will help with the FPS that is all so included with Rubber banding.

Some of the Higher end graphics all so count Tword the lag.
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »
    I did not say that this will stop the rubber banding issue that is cryptic's fault for letting way to many people on one instance in PE.
    This will help with the FPS that is all so included with Rubber banding.

Some of the Higher end graphics all so count Tword the lag.
    Rubberbanding is NOTHING to do with graphics. All that is sent to you is the location of items and what they are doing, it is then rendered locally and has no bearing on latency and/or packet loss.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Can a Mod Stick this post to the top of the page this really does help alot.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's useful for fine tuning graphics settings; but rubberbanding has nothing to do with graphics... May want to edit the title and intro text.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You should turn off High Detail Objects and SSAO for a very sizeable FPS increase too. For me personally the game runs at 1080P, 60 fps most of the time I do solo stuff with almost everything but AA turned on and distances at 100-150% (8350 FX CPU, 8 GB RAM, HD 4850 card). As soon as I hit the city it goes down to 15-25 fps which is not a surprise considering people with GTX 680 SLI have 35 fps from what I've read. I don't really care about this.

What I do care about is the 3 fps I get when I run things like FH epic, when I reach wolves or ice giants and they have some FX on them from spells. I've yet to find out what I should turn off to make this work properly. It's not a constant 3 fps, I run stable at 40-50 half of the instance, than something happens and it drops to 3-5 fps. Wish I new what to do...
  • Options
    brypointbrypoint Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I must be blind because I don't see these setting in game, there is only very basic adjustments in the video settings tab. Or are you guys talking about modifying an .ini file or something? I looked around in the neverwinter folder and couldn't find any files i could modify. Any insight?
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    brypoint wrote: »
    I must be blind because I don't see these setting in game, there is only very basic adjustments in the video settings tab. Or are you guys talking about modifying an .ini file or something? I looked around in the neverwinter folder and couldn't find any files i could modify. Any insight?

The basic settings use 2 sliders to use a few presets, if you scroll all the way down there's a checkbox which will override the sliders and open up all the settings to be tweaked manually.
  • Options
    edheadedhead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DO NOT STICKY THIS DO NOT DO THIS.

Use settings that work with YOUR video card. This will not help with lag.
  • Options
    tektrotektro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i lose a lot of performance using windowed instead of fullscreen. otherwise good settings