test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lower the prices on the market.

fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just a suggestion.

Lower the prices on the market. I had some cash today, thinking about spending it to buy that new 20 dollar companion. I thought.Then I spent it on something that would last for a bit instead (saving 100 dollars). This is exactly what I was talking about before.

When you start charging prices for everything, reset talent points(5.00), bag (10.00 greater bag of holding that's not account wide) you become aware at the stuff that costs money. It become not so much, pay to win but pay to play kind of thing. My point is that when you nickle and dime customers for every thing.

They become more aware, in return start spending less. Not because the game is less fun but it takes some of the fun out of the thing when it feels like you need to buy (bag space, reset talent points) on every toon. It just doesn't sound like a smart return.

Just a suggestion. Obviously I will keep playing the game. I'm into it. For long term growth success, once people stop paying as much they did before, then less money be driven into the game and in my point of view, less players because of the cost.

Maybe I'm wrong, just my input.
Post edited by fusedmass on

Comments

• Options
    superstrength79superstrength79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am a new player, and I have to agree with some of the points the OP made. I am looking at the Hero of the North package, and I just can't justify paying two-hundred dollars to be able to play a Drow. The only other things in the pack that seem worthwhile are the companion, mount, and queue skipping.

By no means am I against the ZEN model, and buying something cool for my account, but scaling the costs should be considered.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am looking at the Hero of the North package, and I just can't justify paying two-hundred dollars to be able to play a Drow.

There will be a free version of the Drow released in the fairly near term (6/20 + ~60 days).
  • Options
    satansnemesissatansnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    The only other things in the pack that seem worthwhile are the companion, mount, and queue skipping.QUOTE]

LOL. I totally forgot Queue skipping was one of the selling points of that pack. Well, I can assure you that is not an issue. I have never had to wait to get in game and have never seen a complaint about it on the forums.

I do have a bit of advice. Buy the Guardians of the North instead. It is not really worth the $ either, but it is much cheaper. You still get all the big ticket items (mount, companion, and some AD). I would say get the Feywild pack, but you will not get the items from it until the content goes live. If you can wait then Feywild is a possible option (although I haven't seen anything great on the test server).

Another better option is go here http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/neverwinter and sign up for IGN prime ($6.75 I think). If you are already a member you don't need to sign up. Membership gets you a account bound healing companion (every character you create gets one, same as the packs) that will be very helpful for any class you play. If you make a cleric it is not quite as useful, but it will still help. Then you can just buy any Rank 3 mount you want from the Zen store. The cheapest is $25 I think. Use all the extra money you saved to buy Zen and exchange it for AD in game. You will end up with a lot more Astral Diamonds than any of the packs will give you, a companion for every character, and the mount of your choice. You will miss out on a weapon that becomes useless in a few hours and a bunch of other useless fluff.
  • Options
    deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The OP is not referring to the special packs but to market place prices. They are not quite the same thing. It is unlikely the packs will go down in price but have hope. I expect the market place prices will go down once they are done gouging the tide of players coming to try out the game as it is fairly new. Once the population plateaus the prices will be reduced again.
    10PM CST

• Options
    michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited August 2013
    I did that, got a companion and another potion pack but what is this mount that comes with it also?
    The only other things in the pack that seem worthwhile are the companion, mount, and queue skipping.QUOTE]

LOL. I totally forgot Queue skipping was one of the selling points of that pack. Well, I can assure you that is not an issue. I have never had to wait to get in game and have never seen a complaint about it on the forums.

I do have a bit of advice. Buy the Guardians of the North instead. It is not really worth the $ either, but it is much cheaper. You still get all the big ticket items (mount, companion, and some AD). I would say get the Feywild pack, but you will not get the items from it until the content goes live. If you can wait then Feywild is a possible option (although I haven't seen anything great on the test server).

Another better option is go here http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/neverwinter and sign up for IGN prime ($6.75 I think). If you are already a member you don't need to sign up. Membership gets you a account bound healing companion (every character you create gets one, same as the packs) that will be very helpful for any class you play. If you make a cleric it is not quite as useful, but it will still help. Then you can just buy any Rank 3 mount you want from the Zen store. The cheapest is $25 I think. Use all the extra money you saved to buy Zen and exchange it for AD in game. You will end up with a lot more Astral Diamonds than any of the packs will give you, a companion for every character, and the mount of your choice. You will miss out on a weapon that becomes useless in a few hours and a bunch of other useless fluff.
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2013
    Saving Pro-tip #1 .. Don't waste your money buying Pixels on a computer screen...
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I did that, got a companion and another potion pack but what is this mount that comes with it also?

None does. He was saying you could save money by just getting that (which has the companion) and then buying the mount from the zen store, as compared with the Hero of the North pack.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    There will be a free version of the Drow released in the fairly near term (6/20 + ~60 days).

For everyone but you...

• Options
    foulsmell1foulsmell1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Saving Pro-tip #1 .. Don't waste your money buying Pixels on a computer screen...

qft
    10/char
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They have the Zen <-> AD exchange market which covers your problem.
    I don't know why it needs to be brought up when there is a solution for it already.
  • Options
    ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    $20 for a non-account bound blue companion
    750k AD($~21) to upgrade it to purple
    smh
  • Options
    kieronblackkieronblack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

So, you don't buy video games, then? After all, a video game is nothing more than pixels on a screen.
  • Options
    deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, you don't buy video games, then? After all, a video game is nothing more than pixels on a screen.
    I thought the same thing. Nothing you can do about minds stuck in the 20th century thinking.
    10PM CST

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's easier to impulse buy when things are affordable. With the insane prices up in the market, it's really hard to justify it. I have done for some things like a mount on sale since it was one per character but it's a shame when you think of the content you could of had if prices were fair.
  • Options
    cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited August 2013

if you ever learn to read they said "pixels on a screen"

A video game bought from a shop is 1) physical, 2) belongs to you and 3) cheaper than alot of stuff in game.

A pixel bought in game is 1) virtual, 2) doesn't belong to you but belongs to the company and 3) more expensive than most said video games.

Nothing you can do about the dumbed minds of people in this world.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cubansyrus wrote: »
    if you ever learn to read they said "pixels on a screen"

A video game bought from a shop is 1) physical, 2) belongs to you and 3) cheaper than alot of stuff in game.

A pixel bought in game is 1) virtual, 2) doesn't belong to you but belongs to the company and 3) more expensive than most said video games.

Nothing you can do about the dumbed minds of people in this world.

Video games ARE pixels on a screen. That is a fact, without any way to argue it.
  • Options
    cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Video games ARE pixels on a screen. That is a fact, without any way to argue it.

Technically A video game is an Audio visual experience, Cash shop items are not video games they are infact just pixels.

Which leads me to tell you my original post is correct.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I buy a disk or a digital download of a product I use.....I dont buy it after a pretty Wedding dress and a 30 dollar companion
  • Options
    exsilioxexsiliox Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Pro-tip #2: Don't employ fallacious reasoning to attempt to make a point.

Do you pay for cable? Ever gone to a movie? Have you been to a music concert? Do you own those shows or that movie? Nope. But you have used those things before--what is the difference? There is none. A lack of tangible value does not mean something lacks any intrinsic value. Your argument about buying "pixels" holds no water.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    exsiliox wrote: »
    Pro-tip #2: Don't employ fallacious reasoning to attempt to make a point.

Do you pay for cable? Ever gone to a movie? Have you been to a music concert? Do you own those shows or that movie? Nope. But you have used those things before--what is the difference? There is none. A lack of tangible value does not mean something lacks any intrinsic value. Your argument about buying "pixels" holds no water.

Your cognitive dissonance doesnt let you see the reason behind arguments and what you posted is just a grossly twisted example you used to fit your agenda..I stand by my point...
    First and foremost we are not talking about movies,music, shows...we are talking about a videogame that sales wedding dresses and novelty companions 30 bucks a pop or most recently a horse that now has.....purple flashy flames... (pixels on a computer screen) Don't misconstrue facts with bogus examples....
  • Options
    pokinatchapunxpokinatchapunx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've spent 30 bucks on the game. That's probably all they will get out of me. I can't see leveling to characters. If they release a warlock, I will probably drop more money on the game because I loves me some warlocks. But that would be about the only reason I would pay any more actual money. Mounts aren't even important in this game. Not sure why they cost so much. What's up with that?
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree a lot, I will never buy a bag until it is account wide, or a companion till it is account wide. I will never pay for a respect. I think I am set on the mount, was kind of waiting to see if we could get a tiger mount in orange at the last tier but doesn't look like we can.

Overall I am really enjoying the game, I'm really excited for when a class releases that really fits me. I've played them all and I have tons of fun with them. None really grab me, I like them all but don't love one class yet.
  • Options
    mosslemossle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've spend 5$ and thats all i will spend. i made a couple accounts. i guess thats shows how ridiculous people get just to make some money they implement flawed tactics like this. the real challenge in this game is growing a thick skin for seriouse people who actualy trade items and make real money with bots. owning the market that is. i just think its the game owners tho, LOL . alright i'm abit paranoid ^^ :p
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm so thankful I've not spent any money on this game. People find a class and build they love, pour hundreds of dollars into it, and the class gets nerfed. I've bought five respecs for my CW, all with AD farmed in game.

The more I play, the tighter I hold onto my wallet. Thank you, Cryptic, for making it amazingly obvious not to invest money into your game.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    exsilioxexsiliox Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your cognitive dissonance doesnt let you see the reason behind arguments and what you posted is just a grossly twisted example you used to fit your agenda..I stand by my point...
    First and foremost we are not talking about movies,music, shows...we are talking about a videogame that sales wedding dresses and novelty companions 30 bucks a pop or most recently a horse that now has.....purple flashy flames... (pixels on a computer screen) Don't misconstrue facts with bogus examples....

You made no argument...your example was inaccurate and misleading; meant to support your premise that money spent on "pixels" is money wasted. It doesn't take a philosophical dilettante like yourself to understand this simple concept. You are talking pixels and you inference is that money spent on virtual goods is wasted...however, unlike movies, music, or shows, there is a certain virtual permanence to in-game purchases. Once you leave the movie you have only the memory of the experience but nothing else, tangible or virtual.

What your mistaking for fact is nothing more than youy opinion on what is of value to YOU, and what YOU would spend YOUR money on; self-centered reasoning and faulty.

State some actual facts and we can debate that.