test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constructive nothin-sizm

mrdivianmrdivian Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Please if you play a quest if you're going to score it a 1 star let someone know why. I appreciate the 500 tip really but let me know and other people who my want to play the story know why did you give it a 1.

And that's my grievance for the day you can all go about your day. Thanks for listening
Hiltrig'n Trixter Rogue on Beholder

First Foundry: Divian's Dagger: NW-DNDE4KQMA

If at first you don't succeed, get the shovel and find a good place to bury it :)
Post edited by mrdivian on

Comments

• koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Was your quest close to reaching the best list?
  • mrdivianmrdivian Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No.. it was only the 9th play. I know it could use some atsmospheric highlights, and maybe some decor for the rooms. But I'm still looking for story bugs before i start adding extra details

If at first you don't succeed, get the shovel and find a good place to bury it :)
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm convinced some people see 1* as 'first place'.

BTW, did the person who 1-star'd your quest leave the tip?
  • aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Don't get disheartened mate! Trolling is something that will happen, no matter what you do. :( For example, my quest rating would be quite a bit better if not for some anonymous trolling, but I guess everyone is affected by it. I know it can be disheartening and annoying, but there's nothing you can do - those guys will just take pleasure in giving you low ratings no matter what.
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Rating system needs a major re-do. Too many bots and spammers and anyone just being an a-hole

But I agree, it that person was actually a REAL person, they should really explain "why"
    I like the review (if honest) system to help authors to improve and grow, with healthy and sometimes hard to swallow criticism.

I always at least leave a short comment on what I liked and what I found as maybe a bug, or what I didn't like. I don't hold back punches, and I don't give out 5 stars like candy ;-)

NW1776
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd recommend that prior to asking for reviews outside of Foundry forum (..and complaining about 1-stars within the Foundry forum and not the General forum is pretty much "preaching to the choir" (i.e. not the people who need to hear it)) you should go over to the Scribes' Enclave (in my signature) -- a lot of excellent reviewers that will really give you actual quality feedback and suggestions.
    edited August 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    I'd recommend that prior to asking for reviews outside of Foundry forum (..and complaining about 1-stars within the Foundry forum and not the General forum is pretty much "preaching to the choir" (i.e. not the people who need to hear it)) you should go over to the Scribes' Enclave (in my signature) -- a lot of excellent reviewers that will really give you actual quality feedback and suggestions.

Love the plug! and thanks for the Advice

edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    I'm convinced some people see 1* as 'first place'.

BTW, did the person who 1-star'd your quest leave the tip?

yeah don't have a lot of runs yet so it's easy to monitor

• redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mrdivian wrote: »
    Love the plug! and thanks for the Advice

I agree with Eldarth.

Scribe's Enclave can be very helpful in getting a quest polished enough to be put out there for the world to have a play at.

I'm currently previewing / reviewing a quest for the 4th, maybe 5th time. Each time I do so I send the Author a PM with any issues I found, any thing I think may just make things smoother from a player point of view. Furthermore I won't leave an in-game review until the Author indicates the quest is in his/her opinion ready to go "live".

So in effect Scribe's becomes a "beta test" phase, that also helps the quest get enough reviews to get on the in-game lists, and enough plays to get the quest daily-eligible.

Now, its not perfect, and its not "immediate", there are only a few reviewers in relation to the number of review-requests we get, and it is summer and a lot of people have other things to be getting on with in real-life. But we try and give as much help as we can.

It especially useful for Authors who are not in a large in-game guild. and so who don't necessarily have access to a large pool of reviewers.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.