test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Party makeup for dungeons

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm going to start a thread to show the current preferred make up for epic dungeons In neverwinter

From my experience different classes make up parties in this way

100% of parties include a CW-- at least one
100% of parties include a DC-- at least one
98% of parties include a TR-- at lest one
20% of parties include a GF-- never seen more than 1 in a party
10% of parties include a GWF-- never seen more than 1 in a party

That's from my experience

Now the current preferred party designs

2* TR, 2*CW and 1 DC
1* TR, 3* CW and 1 DC
1* TR, 2* CW, 1* DC and 1 * GF

I think that is the 3 preferred party choices

From your experience what do epic dungeon parties look like?
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i think your math is wrong. whenever i pug for a dungeon i get lucky enough to have 2 GWFs and then i quit. im not dealing with that

for any of the lower dungeons : any make up of classes as it really doesnt matter

optimal party for me would be one of each. if everyone has the skill level and knows their role then thats all i can hope for.

for something like spell its so much easier to have 2 cws but ive done it with a mix party of everyone.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No I mean when people make parties and run dungeon the above % is what people look for when making parties
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1 DC 1 TR 3 CW seems to be getting more common.
  • parp11parp11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One of the smoothest t2 pugs I've ever been in had 2 GWF, 1 TR, 1 CW and 1 DC. Luckily I wasn't too leet and didn't quit at the start.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Currently the typical party will be as follows:

1 DC for healing
    1 TR for running to the next campfire
    3 CW for melting the boss

However, it looks like in the next big patch they're fixing the campfire trick, this means a more traditional party setup (requiring tanks, etc) will likely be needed - that is until the next trick is discovered.
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't understand the hate on the GWF.... taking 1 CW is fine for controlling adds... 3 is an overkill. A good GWF will out dps the CW all day long.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
    edited August 2013
    seisem2 wrote: »
    I don't understand the hate on the GWF.... taking 1 CW is fine for controlling adds... 3 is an overkill. A good GWF will out dps the CW all day long.

Ledges.....
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Ledges.....

3 CW for ledges? 1 can handle pushing fine if it is needed.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
    edited August 2013
    3 CW for ledges? 1 can handle pushing fine if it is needed.

3 makes it easy mode...
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    not a scientific result but i was in a pug cn yesterday with 1 dc 1 tr and 3 cw. We blasted thru it.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited August 2013
    3 makes it easy mode...

Game is easy mode with 1 pro CW that knows what they are doing.. that opens the other two slots for DPS that will out damage them on needed fights.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited August 2013
    Game is easy mode with 1 pro CW that knows what they are doing.. that opens the other two slots for DPS that will out damage them on needed fights.

As I said, people want 3 to be sure...
    edited August 2013
    As I said, people want 3 to be sure...

I guess if you don't know any good players then you can get a second.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited August 2013
    I guess if you don't know any good players then you can get a second.

Perhaps it is actually better, perhaps not. Either way it is what people seem to be tending towards.

P.s. Your statement is about as true as saying that people who are more elitist in a video game are failures in real life...
  • hawkreturnshawkreturns Member, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to suggest 4 GWF and 1 CW. No one gets hurt, and stuff just dies. (Yes, I'm a GWF, among other classes.)
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I roll with at least one GWF in pretty much every group I'm in. Likely because that's my main. I do a really good job at it, as well. I ensure the run is smooth when anything doesn't go quite according to plan. Oh, also dropping every enemy's defense by about 50% helps the group quite a bit.

We have a good number of really good GWFs in my guild, so we usually have at least 1 in our T2 dungeon runs. We've had up to 4 at a time and we beat the dungeon down with no problems at all.

So far I've seen every class be quite useful, it just comes down to knowing how to best help the group. I think there are too many GWF trying to be rogues and failing hard. I wonder if that's why people don't like having them in the group. A bad taste left by some bad GWF players.

Every time I log on, I have multiple group invites for T2s so I must be doing something right.