Install Arc
Options

PvP Swashbuckling vs Scavenger, Optimization

momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hi

EDIT: I MEAN SKULKER (The GG SET)

Just curious, which one's better?
In light of the upcoming changes to TRs.

(i) The swashbuckling bonus: Someone mentioned the stat bonues (the +power and +recharge from having 4 pieces) are effectively perpetual? So you're walking around with 1000+ power and 1000+ recovery? is this true?

(ii) The upcoming changes to TRs: Perma stealth and even attacking out of stealth would of course be nerfed. So the skulker set is effectively becoming less useful. But the + Armor Pen is still very useful?

(iii) Roughly what scores for Power, Crit and Armor Pen before you get diminishing returns?

thx
Post edited by momothebored on

Comments

• Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I have been pondering this same thing on my TR, I have full skulker GG set. The conclusion I came to was that if you go Swash you will hit your power/recovery/crit easily and will have to slot for ArP, which are the most expensive enchants. While if you run skulkers you will hit your ArP/Crit caps easily, and have more HP/lifesteal which are great for PvP, so you will have to slot for recovery/power which are the cheapest enchants =) So with skulkers you spend wayyyyy less AD for the same end result. I even run the GG weapons b/c I already have 49% crit, I don't need to spend the 1.5m on ancients and lose ArP/max hp to gain 1% crit.

Also I really like the 25% longer stealth bar in PvP, it's very noticeable, same with the 5% bonus damage from stealth.

Edit: you want somewhere around 2500 ArP I'd say for PvP, you can go higher but it starts diminishing fast. Crit you want around 50% (47-50 is fine) just don't go over 50%. Power is like you're odd stat out, once you reach your soft caps stack power after that.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    thanks makes sense
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I have been pondering this same thing on my TR, I have full skulker GG set. The conclusion I came to was that if you go Swash you will hit your power/recovery/crit easily and will have to slot for ArP, which are the most expensive enchants. While if you run skulkers you will hit your ArP/Crit caps easily, and have more HP/lifesteal which are great for PvP, so you will have to slot for recovery/power which are the cheapest enchants =) So with skulkers you spend wayyyyy less AD for the same end result. I even run the GG weapons b/c I already have 49% crit, I don't need to spend the 1.5m on ancients and lose ArP/max hp to gain 1% crit.

Also I really like the 25% longer stealth bar in PvP, it's very noticeable, same with the 5% bonus damage from stealth.

Edit: you want somewhere around 2500 ArP I'd say for PvP, you can go higher but it starts diminishing fast. Crit you want around 50% (47-50 is fine) just don't go over 50%. Power is like you're odd stat out, once you reach your soft caps stack power after that.
  • Options
    discountbobdiscountbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been wondering the same. if the 4 piece bonus from the swashbuckling set is nearly always on, I can see its benefit. However, if it's not, the t2 PvP set seems like a pretty straightforward winner, even in pve. Being executioner specced and receiving the "from stealth" benefits for at least half the time (if you slot shadow strike, it's a pretty high percentage) and receiving 5% more damage on top of that for a majority of the time (vs. 6 seconds after a daily, etc.) just seems to make sense.

Of course this also means your main gear set can be the same for both PvP and pve, and you can equip an ioun stone with power and recovery as you see fit for pve.

Granted, the stats are more heavily weighted toward defensive ones, but that's not necessarily bad. I tend to like having higher HP, etc, as I feel like zomg massive damage doesn't help much if you go down in one shot.

I've also, of course, really liked the thought of paying less for enchanting...and compared to the overall cost of the Swashbuckling set...wow.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i changed builds over the last 2 days.

At the final stage of my old build, i was running around with 5k power and 1k+ arm pen

Now with 3k+ power and 2.3k arm pen, just some obvious differences:

(i) Lashing blade does not hit as hard now from stealth

(ii) Shocking executioner, which seems to ignore a good amount of defence, hits a lot softer now. still hard, just not mad.

(iii) The other things.. well let's put it this way for most of the builds running around, i seem to be doing slightly less damage on other attacks except to GFs and GWFs, which of course makes sense because of the armor.

Would be a lot simpler if someone just bothered with the equations, which should be quite straightforward.

Am i satisfied with the switch?
    Not really.. especially since attacking from stealth is going to get nerfed to hell soon.

i think swash builds and MA/Shade mixed sets are going to make a comeback after a while when they really do implement the patch.

I've been wondering the same. if the 4 piece bonus from the swashbuckling set is nearly always on, I can see its benefit. However, if it's not, the t2 PvP set seems like a pretty straightforward winner, even in pve. Being executioner specced and receiving the "from stealth" benefits for at least half the time (if you slot shadow strike, it's a pretty high percentage) and receiving 5% more damage on top of that for a majority of the time (vs. 6 seconds after a daily, etc.) just seems to make sense.

Of course this also means your main gear set can be the same for both PvP and pve, and you can equip an ioun stone with power and recovery as you see fit for pve.

Granted, the stats are more heavily weighted toward defensive ones, but that's not necessarily bad. I tend to like having higher HP, etc, as I feel like zomg massive damage doesn't help much if you go down in one shot.

I've also, of course, really liked the thought of paying less for enchanting...and compared to the overall cost of the Swashbuckling set...wow.
  • Options
    discountbobdiscountbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i changed builds over the last 2 days.

At the final stage of my old build, i was running around with 5k power and 1k+ arm pen

Now with 3k+ power and 2.3k arm pen, just some obvious differences:

(i) Lashing blade does not hit as hard now from stealth

(ii) Shocking executioner, which seems to ignore a good amount of defence, hits a lot softer now. still hard, just not mad.

(iii) The other things.. well let's put it this way for most of the builds running around, i seem to be doing slightly less damage on other attacks except to GFs and GWFs, which of course makes sense because of the armor.

Would be a lot simpler if someone just bothered with the equations, which should be quite straightforward.

Am i satisfied with the switch?
    Not really.. especially since attacking from stealth is going to get nerfed to hell soon.

i think swash builds and MA/Shade mixed sets are going to make a comeback after a while when they really do implement the patch.

Thanks for the insight. Part of my problem in debating over gear is that I don't personally have a baseline for comparison (or the AD to fully build up 2 sets with enchantments, etc.). I'm not much of a number cruncher (because I'm lazy), but it should be possible to do that relatively easily.