Trading reviews - "Family Secrets"

adylhereadylhere Member Posts: 46
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Open for feedback and review trade.

Quest Name: “Family Secrets”
Short Code: NW-DM71LY21M
Combat: Moderate
Average Duration: 25 min
Mission Type: Solo Adventure. Balanced – Story, Combat, Light Puzzles, Exploration

Screens:

tavern_zps11b20c67.jpg

untitled_zps0c6507f5.jpg
Post edited by adylhere on

Comments

• adylhereadylhere Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2013
    Bump. If anyone has quests that want to review trade.
  • etharylanetharylan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very cool quest. I'm intrigued by the storyline and am hoping that there will be a sequel (maybe this will become a campaign?).

Pros:
    - Really liked the champagne waterfall in the brothel.
    - Very nice work with the brothel design. Especially the flavors of humor in it.
    - Nice job with the wizard NPC's opening a portal during the conversation.
    - LOVE the Dark Lady NPC. Very beautiful (my kind of woman ;D). Excellent job with designing her.
    - Loved the ending (not gonna spoil it for anyone. ;D).

Cons:
    I hate to nit-pick (especially for stuff that doesn't really interfere with a quest), but I noticed that there are lots of typos - especially with
    the component names. The ones I saw are:

- After accepting the quest, the first map transition text (on the door in PE) for "Meet the sender of the note" reads: "Go to next map".
    - The portal text in Nisha's room (in the brothel) reads: "FX - Magical Portal".
    - The map transition when leaving the brothel reads: "Go to next map".
    - The portal text in Lady Fandro's room (in the Fandro house) reads: "Press F to to use the portal." (Usually only one "to" is used).
    - The dresser text in Nisha's room (in the Fandro house) reads: "Dresser - Large 01".
    - The gate text in the Elemental area reads: "Use should try using the lever behind you". (Perhaps you meant: "You should try ... ").

Overall though, you did a great job. I look forward to playing it again. :)
    Amulet of Misery Campaign (SC: NWS-DJINYJ9XK)
    Part 1: Friendly Foe (SC: NW-DTBNQUDYJ)
    Part 2: (Under Construction)
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for the observation and that you bothered to take notes, @etharylan. Much appreciated!
  • hammeredhellhammeredhell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey all, probably won't "trade" reviews with all who come check this out but I do believe in karma, and I do reviews here and there...

I prefer any constructive criticisms to be sent in-game to my @handle (@hammeredhell) ... and I will do the same, as for good stuff feel free to put that on the review itself ofc.

For anyone willing to give it a try;

NWS-DBQAFIU6X

A mockery style look @ the Leadership Profession

A little over 40% short dialogs, 40% running around (having a mount is a MUST!) and a little bit of combat.
    I'm *guessing* it to be around 18 - 25 minutes depending on whether you spam "1." through all the text or not.

thx all.
    edited August 2013
  • aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    I'll trade you a review! :) My quest is in my signature.

I played and reviewed your quest!

Very well done! It was great start to finish, from humor to fights!

Loved the statues/portal part.

Some notes:
    -books on table in noble house float
    -other objects need some realignment such as floating window in bedroom with hexer

Loved it, want more! :)
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • vephidvephid Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    Liked this quest, from the very beginning!

Found the story really amusing and the enviroment was great, i'd add some more props and make the sky darker at the (Spoiler) realm but that's a matter of taste, i liked it.

PS: I Really wanted to get naughty, expecting to see some cutscene.

Forgot to put the review here ^^U!
    Check out my campaign "A time of need" NWS-DK9TIAT7J! I'm still seeking and trading reviews, feel free to send me a message with your foundry code and I will play them as soon as possible.
  • crowgate1crowgate1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looks interesting! I'll give it a try and a review... if you have the time, please try mine (NW-DGVPL17X5 - Thunderhorn) as I also need reviews and feedback. :cool:
    NW-DGVPL17X5 THUNDERHORN - willing to trade reviews, thanks!
    edited August 2013
    Bump. If anyone wants trade.

Also, I’d appreciate if you mention grammatical errors you encounter as I am not a native English speaker. I don’t want you to become English language teachers of course :P Simply if there is something really annoying from a grammatical point of view, please mention it. Thank you :)
  • sarlacc1979sarlacc1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 47
    edited August 2013
    I liked this quest quite a bit. The story was great, you made some very good maps, and the end battle was interesting. I would have put more combat in as a general rule, but that's just personal taste. All in all, a very good effort. I'm looking forward to your next one. :)

I'd appreciate it if you would try my quest and review it. The Missing Unseen NW-DLW8SB9CN. its more combat focused than yours so I'd be interested in what you think of it.
    Please try my Foundry campaign, "Olivia's Trials".
    edited August 2013
    Bump if anyone wants trade.
  • zerkovaplayerzerkovaplayer Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Looks like a service door It's locked." <= Is missing a period.
    "Back to the noblehouse" <= 'noblehouse' as one word bothers me.
    "... or you casted a spell on him?" <= should be, I think, "... or did you cast a spell on him."

The block-of-text explaining Fandro going and getting wizards is a sort of jarring transition.
    "Cast a portal" is a jarring line to me. Used to hearing cast a spell to open a portal, open a portal, etc.

The translucent elementals are nice. Did you have to do something fancy to get that, or is it just somewhere in the list of skins?

The ramps are a bit unsubtle. That may be a good thing.

"any deference" should be "any difference."

Kind of entertaining how it goes full circle. Nisha doesn't sound like she speaks the language very well. Not sure if that's deliberate or not. Love the civilized devils and twist right there by the end.
    Foundry Quest: Breaking the Chain NW-DELOGH4IH
    (Daily eligible! Could use more reviews. Largely complete.)
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really liked the quest and I sent you a PM with some more detailed notes.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
    edited August 2013
    Bump. If anyone wants trade.