test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about ZEN currency!

soczsocz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am new to the game. I purchased ZEN. The ZEN is in my character's wallet. One simple question: how do I transfer ZEN to Gold so I can purchase desperately needed items?

Thanks!
Post edited by socz on

Comments

• tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can sell it on the Exchange (4th icon from the left in-game, iirc).
    You can also use it to buy things (mounts, keys, etc) and then sell those at the AH, etc

Edit: buying keys and selling them for ~30g each is probably the simplest way to get directly from Zen to gold
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    You can sell it on the Exchange (4th icon from the left in-game, iirc).
    You can also use it to buy things (mounts, keys, etc) and then sell those at the AH, etc

Edit: buying keys and selling them for ~30g each is probably the simplest way to get directly from Zen to gold
    30g/key?? That imo is an extreme low ball number... I have been selling keys for 60g/key on dragon.. They sell like hotcakes at 50-55g/key on dragon. I guess it depends on the server. If you are on dragon and really want to sell your keys for a hit, I'll buy em for 40g/key and resell for a profit :p
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    30g/key?? That imo is an extreme low ball number... I have been selling keys for 60g/key on dragon.. They sell like hotcakes at 50-55g/key on dragon. I guess it depends on the server. If you are on dragon and really want to sell your keys for a hit, I'll buy em for 40g/key and resell for a profit :p

Good point. Prices vary on each server. Do some research before selling!
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    socz wrote: »
    I am new to the game. I purchased ZEN. The ZEN is in my character's wallet. One simple question: how do I transfer ZEN to Gold so I can purchase desperately needed items?

Thanks!
    Whilst you have some literal answers to your question I'd just like to point out that gold isn't the main currency in NW. Sure you'll use it to buy some stuff from merchants but you should earn more than enough just by levelling, and I can't think of any desperately needed items you'd buy with gold. You can either spend the zen in the cash shop or convert it to AD at the exchange and buy items from the auction house with that.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you should not need gold. The only "gotta have it now' thing that gold is useful for would be your mount, but the only mounts you can get for gold are the slow ones (just slightly > walking). By the time you can use a mount, you should have enough gold to buy one, barely. If its for a horse, use the ZEN to buy a GOOD horse (or whatever else!) instead.

IMHO buying zen with real money to turn into gold is a waste of real money. Zen to diamonds is not a bad idea, as needed.
  • soczsocz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like I said - I am new to the game. ATM not knowing the mechanics of the game I am at a disadvantage. For instance, being a solo player and trying to kill some boss in the Nasher scenario requires more money for health potions. That is ONLY 1 need. I think you get the picture. As far as I am concerned gold, copper and silver would be just fine as the ONLY currency in the game. Thanks for ALL your responses.
  • parp11parp11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well, obviously you know best. sorry for posting.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    socz wrote: »
    Like I said - I am new to the game. ATM not knowing the mechanics of the game I am at a disadvantage. For instance, being a solo player and trying to kill some boss in the Nasher scenario requires more money for health potions. That is ONLY 1 need. I think you get the picture. As far as I am concerned gold, copper and silver would be just fine as the ONLY currency in the game. Thanks for ALL your responses.

I highly suggest you run some foundry mission (player made stuff) and get drops. Usually many are pretty easy with good layout. ALL monster scale to player so if the layout is good, then you should be able to clear it and get some potion/money.

I don't recommend converting zen to gold cause gold isn't used as much. AD (astral diamond) is "technically" the game main currency. You can buy almost anything with AD.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Isn't that nasher part littered with campfires? Spending money before you even know for sure that you need to, whew, I need to design a free to play game.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you are just doing this to stock up on potions, save yourself the money.

I'm aware some folks can get themselves stuck, too many bad runs, too many deaths. They end up broke, out of potions, and they feel like they are unable to progress because of it. Some might scoff and laugh, but most understand it and sympathize.

You're just trying to fix the problem all wrong. You are of course welcome to continue to do what you feel is best. But this is an MMO you don't have to go it alone. If you are having troubles, you'll find people are more then happy to help.

For example what class are you playing? Im sure just the mention of it and folks would be happy to give you all the play advice you can want. What shard are you on? If you're on Beholder look me up @sockmunkey and id be happy to set you up with a stack of potions to help you get by.

The point is, you don't have to struggle. And you REALLY don't need to feel like you are forced to spend your way out of a bad situation. If you really want to spend your money, by all means, go for it. It just wont hurt to explore alternatives first and give the community a chance to help out.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    If you are just doing this to stock up on potions, save yourself the money.

I'm aware some folks can get themselves stuck, too many bad runs, too many deaths. They end up broke, out of potions, and they feel like they are unable to progress because of it. Some might scoff and laugh, but most understand it and sympathize.

You're just trying to fix the problem all wrong. You are of course welcome to continue to do what you feel is best. But this is an MMO you don't have to go it alone. If you are having troubles, you'll find people are more then happy to help.

For example what class are you playing? Im sure just the mention of it and folks would be happy to give you all the play advice you can want. What shard are you on? If you're on Beholder look me up @sockmunkey and id be happy to set you up with a stack of potions to help you get by.

The point is, you don't have to struggle. And you REALLY don't need to feel like you are forced to spend your way out of a bad situation. If you really want to spend your money, by all means, go for it. It just wont hurt to explore alternatives first and give the community a chance to help out.

I totally agree.

One of the great away to make money is to use the gateway.
    https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

That is legit gateway. You can do crafting profession online. There are many mission (usually go with leadership first) to get "free gold" over time. I made gold just by doing leadership. So when you are not playing, you can earn gold and exp doing profession online. There are some on short timer and some on longer timer (18hr is highest so far) This will help with some cash flow issue. It help me a lot when I don't have to play and just craft at work ;)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.