test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need help with Xivros...tired of dieing

munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hey guys...if your going to troll and flame then no need to post thx.

So Xivros. Every single time I fight this guy, which is usually 2-3 times a day. I die probably 2 or 3 times to his Circle AoE(cant remember the name). For the life of me, I cannot seem to avoid this sob.

Sitting at a 11.5gs, I have like a 99% success rate for not dieing to Draco, but I cant avoid this stupid aoe. My set up is IpC, Shadow and Lashing, running an Exec build. I've tried everything that I can think of. I've used IpC in stealth(100% immunity), and tried just taking it. Always one shots me, even through ipc/wtf? I've done the normal, the minute he starts casting it I jump out and dodge, I am literally like atleast half the size of his circle OUT of it, and it still hits me. I've tried waiting a second, half second after the circle appears, then dodge out. Same thing. I dont think I've ever avoided honestly, out of I cant even count how many runs. I've thought it was possibly my ping, because I play at work alot, but I dont think so, cuz I can easily avoid everything Draco puts down, and hands are a much faster cast. Even at home, where I have almost a 0 ping(US), same thing.

I've tried timing his specific attacks, where I am already out, and waiting on him to cast it..but its random, there isnt a specific rotation.

I'm at the point where I am just not going to melee him anymore, and let the CW's take him out, cuz thats what ends up happening anyways when I'm running back to fight him again.

Is his skill bugged? Which makes me think it is cuz it hits through stealthed IpC?

Are you guys having the same problem? Is this just a l2p issue with me? If so any advice will help, a video, something.

Thx in advance!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i'm not a pro on him but i can say that he's one boss that i dont dps as usual. I wait for him to use an attack then i stack a duelist flurry rotation on him, step back til he uses another attack then go in again. His aoe is tough to dodge and i dont think its a lag thing. He's just a bit longer that way but it gets the job done with no deaths, dunno if there is an easier way to deal with him though
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i'm not a pro on him but i can say that he's one boss that i dont dps as usual. I wait for him to use an attack then i stack a duelist flurry rotation on him, step back til he uses another attack then go in again. His aoe is tough to dodge and i dont think its a lag thing. He's just a bit longer that way but it gets the job done with no deaths, dunno if there is an easier way to deal with him though

Yah thats what I've tried. Seem to always get stuck at the aoe and have to dodge out. I'll keep trying, thx man =)
  • focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I slot impact shot, lashing blade and impossible to catch.
    - Throw all knives on him from stealth with lurkers on (can crit to 30k +, with the +crit sev feat when stealthed)
    - When knives are to 0, use Impact shot (can crit a lot too).
    - Go in stealth and use lashing blade.
    - Walk away, dont stay near him (then he wont cast the aoe spell). and so on.
    - You can duelist flurry him but only when he is about to cast a spell as said above. Duelist him once and walk away. Of course you can do more but i rather take 1 min longer then dying.
    - Impossible to catch, not to avoid his aoe but just from the adds. (so don't use it from stealth, better use lashing from stealth)

0 deaths this way

Conclusion: don't come near him only when he casts a spell (time it good or you might die anyway if he casts the aoe circle after it)
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
    edited August 2013
    focusman wrote: »
    I slot impact shot, lashing blade and impossible to catch.
    - Throw all knives on him from stealth with lurkers on (can crit to 30k +, with the +crit sev feat when stealthed)
    - When knives are to 0, use Impact shot (can crit a lot too).
    - Go in stealth and use lashing blade.
    - Walk away, dont stay near him (then he wont cast the aoe spell). and so on.
    - You can duelist flurry him but only when he is about to cast a spell as said above. Duelist him once and walk away. Of course you can do more but i rather take 1 min longer then dying.
    - Impossible to catch, not to avoid his aoe but just from the adds. (so don't use it from stealth, better use lashing from stealth)

0 deaths this way

Conclusion: don't come near him only when he casts a spell (time it good or you might die anyway if he casts the aoe circle after it)

Didnt even think about using impact....great idea, thx alot man!
  • imthelonewolfimthelonewolf Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    I run basically the same as you, except Wicked Reminder instead of Shadow Strike.

Basically, while my CWs are busy fighting off adds, I usually just run up and WR/LB him. If he casts a spell besides his AOE (which, yes, hits through ITC which is dumb), then I nail him with a full DF, WR/LB, and leave again. At this point, Im semi keeping his attention, semi damaging him, Kinda like Dracolith except more on the damage side here. Once the DC and CW can focus on him, I usually go in harder. Between attacks though, Im never charging my DF. The second I see his AOE up, I instantly roll out. The first 2 hits of that do about 90-95% of my HP, and since the adds arent up, I just Cloud of Steel him and heal from the DC until Im ready to repeat.
    edited August 2013
    I've run CN, over 3 characters probably a total of 100 or more times. Most with my DC and CW. Just recently with my TR. I never paid attention, nor did I realize his circle AoE is a DoT!

No wonder why I was getting hit, the moment the red circle touches, you...your doted'.....Cant believe I never realized. Long story short, I dont die anymore to him, and it "was" a l2p issue with me /lol@self

Thx for the help guys =)
  • n3rdlifen3rdlife Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can either slot something that has more hp like skulkers for that boss so even if you get hit by aoe you still mange to barely live. The way I commonly do it is when I see him preparing for that aoe I don't dodge right away. If you dodge you will still be within range of taking full damage from it. Move slightly within that second he takes to prepare his aoe then dodge. You gotta be on alert for that boss.
  • imthelonewolfimthelonewolf Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    What do you mean by DoT?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What do you mean by DoT?

Damage over Time. = DoT.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited August 2013
    I am doing now what a previous poster mentioned. Slotting Dazing, Impact and lashing. When he does his frontal, or single target fire ball, I run in for a Duelist Fury, then back out right away, use CoS and Impact. Rinse and Repeat. Would be good also to use Deft to get in faster and use a stealthed/Lashing, but I only have 1 point in Deft so i chose not to use it.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The only reason you'd die to Xirvos is either your reaction time is painfully slow or you blew your dodge roll.
    Just face tank his regular hit, walk to the left to dodge laser, dodge roll only his Leech AoE + Fire AoE.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.