test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any special thing I need to know when starting to get an epic armor set?

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Library
I just reached level 60 yesterday. And now I about to start running epic dungeons in order to get the epic armor set I want.

The wiki said: "Tier 2 armor sets are direct upgrades of the Tier 1 armor sets with the same 2-piece bonus." I'm not sure what that means, but the set I want is Fatebender and it is a Tier 1 set. I guess I only need to run the four epic dungeons, and I will eventually get it. Am I correct?

How do the four pieces of the armor set drop? From mobs, bosses, or end chests?
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I understand if you prefer to earn it yourself, but you could probably buy the entire Fatebender set for a pittance on the Auction House*. Whether you're interested in buying it now or running some dungeons first, the AH is probably your best bet. It'll take far longer to wait for the random-loot generator to give you exactly what you want.

(* - I haven't specifically checked Fatebender's prices, but most T1 sets are really cheap. The only major exception I know offhand is the Guardian Fighter's Stalwart Bulwark set, which is as expensive as any CW T2 armor.)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    pfft2 wrote: »
    I understand if you prefer to earn it yourself, but you could probably buy the entire Fatebender set for a pittance on the Auction House*. Whether you're interested in buying it now or running some dungeons first, the AH is probably your best bet. It'll take far longer to wait for the random-loot generator to give you exactly what you want.

(* - I haven't specifically checked Fatebender's prices, but most T1 sets are really cheap. The only major exception I know offhand is the Guardian Fighter's Stalwart Bulwark set, which is as expensive as any CW T2 armor.)
    Thanks for the advice. I will try running these dungeons 10 or 15 times to see if I can get a gear. If they still don't drop then I will consider AH.

So Where do epic gears drop? From mobs, bosses, or end chests?
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Press K and look.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Press K and look.
    Yes? That's the queue system.

Maybe I was not clear in my question. I wanted to ask where in the epic dungeons do epic gears drop.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Maybe I was not clear in my question. I wanted to ask where in the epic dungeons do epic gears drop.
    Normally last boss or chest for T1. Some T2 set items drop from different bosses(Timeless Hero for the GF springs to mind).

I don't know the exact places they drop if they don't drop from the boss/chest, just finish the dungeon and you should have a decent shot at getting a piece instead of worrying about the exact boss.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Ok, from last bosses and chest during DD. To find, what exact piece you will get, see description in queue system.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tang56kerrovitarra. If dropping from last bosses, are other party members able to roll for them?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes, any1 can roll for item, if it matches their class.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes, any1 can roll for item, if it matches their class.
    Does that mean party members can't roll for CW's epic gears if they are not CW?
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Only CW's can press "Need" for a CW item--all other classes can only press "Greed" for it (and "Need" supersedes "Greed").
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    Only CW's can press "Need" for a CW item--all other classes can only press "Greed" for it (and "Need" supersedes "Greed").
    Thanks! I didn't know that.
  • Options
    bropinebropine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pfft2 wrote: »

I found this out last night. I just hit Lvl 60 yesterday. I go to the AH and to my surprise I had enough AD to purchase almost a full set of High Vizier (and i'm an extremely casual player). Then I sat and thought "What do I do now?". I didn't have to run dungeons/craft/run content to get the best gear in the game for my class. I'm not be sarcastic here, but I'm having trouble getting motivated to play my CW now. Might as well start another class from scratch and level them up...or play another game for awhile.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bropine wrote: »
    I found this out last night. I just hit Lvl 60 yesterday. I go to the AH and to my surprise I had enough AD to purchase almost a full set of High Vizier (and i'm an extremely casual player). Then I sat and thought "What do I do now?". I didn't have to run dungeons/craft/run content to get the best gear in the game for my class. I'm not be sarcastic here, but I'm having trouble getting motivated to play my CW now. Might as well start another class from scratch and level them up...or play another game for awhile.

I hear this a lot, and I can understand feeling that way initially. If you're used to the way Tier gear typically works in other games, then you might understandably assume that High Vizier is pretty much the whole goal.

But it isn't. The real grind is in obtaining high-end enchantments. Check the prices for rank 8+ enchantments. Check the prices for greater weapon/armor enchantments. While you're at it, chalk up another ~700k AD for an augment pet. (Not necessarily in that order!)

For good or ill, the system Cryptic (originally) gave us would have been unworkable if you couldn't buy tier gear on the AH fairly easily. Why? Because even during Dungeon Delves, the selection of random loot you'll receive is so varied that you almost have to be able to trade what you do get in dungeons for what you want. The token (seal) system is worthless, because Cryptic decided to make token gear trivially easy to earn, which meant that Cryptic had to strip the set bonuses from token gear.

So all of that rambling is a long way of saying that there's plenty of long-term earning to do if you're inclined. On the other hand, the long-term goals are soooo long-term for the majority of players that I can also understand moving on to an alt after you've kitted yourself in the bare essentials.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You have ancient gear or weapon set? No? You have perfect enchants and rank 10 stones? No? You still have something to do.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bropine wrote: »

Getting the HV set, is just the beginning of a very steep hill of expenses.
    Pet= 700k-1mil AD
    Rank 7 (as your first goal) = 600k-1milAD
    Weapon Enchant = 500k-14mil AD lol
    Armor Enchant = 500k-1.5mil AD
    Ancient set = 1mil AD
    Respeccing = 100k per token
    Changing all your rank 7s after prioritizing your stats differently = 600k-1mil AD
    Rank 9/10 enchants = I dont remember the last time I checked on prices but prob a good 3-5mil.
    Transmuting and dyeing your gear = 400k+ for a male player. About 5mil+ if you are a female player lol
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Armor Enchant = 500k-1.5mil AD
    Is perfect soulforge costs 1.5 mil on your server?
  • Options
    bropinebropine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks guys. It looks like there is still a lot of itemization to get motivated for. The problem is the prices. As a casual player, it would take me forever to grind enough AD to get the items you refer to. Good news is I can probably earn enchants in-game. Bad news is, because I'm a casual player, it would be best in my case to just fork over cold hard cash for the Ioun Stone. As far as I know, it has to be bought with Zen or AD.

I realize the devs gotta make money on the game; I just don't know if there is enouigh content to make it worth buying items at this point. I guess I have a decision to make.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I think the idea is that 1 extra second of Soulforged immunity isn't a high priority on a CW (5 seconds for Perfect versus 4 seconds for Greater). Certainly not for a ~5 million price premium.

If you're gonna shell out the money for a perfect enchant, it ought to be on your weapon first. Again, at least on a CW.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

No I actually meant 4.5mil for greater. IMO that spending another 7-12mil for an extra second is not worth it. A Perfect weapon enchant is much more justifiable.

edit: lol Everytime I try replying to something pfft2 beats me to it by the time I click SAVE.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No I actually meant 4.5mil for greater. IMO that spending another 7-12mil for an extra second is not worth it. A Perfect weapon enchant is much more justifiable.

Wow, Greater costs that much? I was just going by Coalescent costs; I know that Soulforged is in demand, but I haven't really looked at the prices because every time I grab an extra shard I don't sell it. That's probably to your point, though. :)

I've been selling off those Vorpal shards like hot cakes though! Those are the most reliably valuable drops I get.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Case in point, btw: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?443151-T2-Dungeon-Keeps-Dropping-T1-during-event-for-chest
    edit: lol Everytime I try replying to something pfft2 beats me to it by the time I click SAVE.

Heh, sorry. Bit of a slow day around here.