test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

companion upgrades

smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I quit playing for a little while, recently came back and figured the companion upgrade books would be ingame by now. Any news on this?
Post edited by smkymtndude on

Comments

• Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I quit playing for a little while, recently came back and figured the companion upgrade books would be ingame by now. Any news on this?

The update coming out later this month is suppose to include the ability to upgrade companions. I believe its due out on the 22nd.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yes, it's supposed to be in the next big patch. But I wouldn't get too excited about it, because I'm betting that nobody will be able to afford it.
  • Options
    mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if youre a millionaire then you can enjoy leveling your companions so enjoy :)
  • Options
    dirfingedirfinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited August 2013
    The price is stupidly expensive, only someone who has millions would spend on increasing the level, how stupid is the one who put the prices.
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The thing I find funny about it is in a interview one of the designers said it was gonna be cheaper than the mount upgrades because of feedback. I guess they havent seen the feedback saying they are a bunch of tools.
  • Options
    adrooreadroore Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think I read someone mentioned it was going to cost around 1.6 million Astral Diamonds to upgrade from white tier to purple tier. Was excited before now, not at all. Seeing how much it cost, I don't think I am able to afford such amount.

Adrian Walker - The Master
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    adroore wrote: »
    I think I read someone mentioned it was going to cost around 1.6 million Astral Diamonds to upgrade from white tier to purple tier. Was excited before now, not at all. Seeing how much it cost, I don't think I am able to afford such amount.

Unless they changed it the costs are as follows:
    Upgrade to green is 300k. Upgrade to blue is 550k. And the upgrade to purple is 750K.

Most of the pets I want to upgrade are already blue, so I'm just out 750K each. Not as bad as it could be, but I've paid more for single pieces of gear from the AH. I agree though, the prices are kind of high. Hopefully they tone them down before it gets off the preview server. They recently made a post that they are adjusting prices of other things. So who knows.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Unless they changed it the costs are as follows:
    Upgrade to green is 300k. Upgrade to blue is 550k. And the upgrade to purple is 750K.

Most of the pets I want to upgrade are already blue, so I'm just out 750K each. Not as bad as it could be, but I've paid more for single pieces of gear from the AH. I agree though, the prices are kind of high. Hopefully they tone them down before it gets off the preview server. They recently made a post that they are adjusting prices of other things. So who knows.

Where did you find the cost?
  • Options
    cyrdecyrde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
    Where did you find the cost?

Preview server for several weeks now.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    I was hoping it would be Zen purchase, it will definitely bring down the price of Zen down on early days of the new patch since most people will tend to convert their Zen to AD, better get my 750k at this point then. Thanks for the heads up.
This discussion has been closed.