test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Profession Task Queue/Refresh Feature

luciphearluciphear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This might've already been suggested and I've missed it, but here goes a few thoughts regarding the profession queue system. The main frustration lies among the 10 minute profession queues.

When playing the game I don't want to be interrupted by my profession progression every 10th minute or so, it's annoying to bring the window up so often. Instead, I thought you'd be able to queue a few workers up. Let's say instead of 10 minutes you get the option to add another worker for an extra 10 minutes, up to let's say 6 times. You still use the same amount of workers and you gain the same amount of reward as if you'd spend them on 6 seperate slots.

However, while this is active it should also NOT progress to the next queue while offline, this to prevent abuse. Say you're online, your workers are currently on the 4th step in the queue, you log off and it'll finish the 4th queue but it won't progress to the 5th or 6th step. When you log on again it'll resume the 5th. So if you intend to log off for a longer period of time you're better off choosing something more time consuming/demanding.

A max of 6 queues was just an example, since it stacks up to 1 hour. Longer than that shouldn't be possible since you shouldn't feel too interrupted having to go into your profession window once every hour. Again, every 10th minute hurts.

The 8 hour ones shouldn't need any queues though, maybe a max of 2 so a total of 12, still sounds a bit too long though. 12 and 24 hours, well...let's just leave it at that. :p

Another solution to the 10 minute frustration would be to give you an option when they're done asking "Do you want to repeat this profession task?" [Shift+1 = Yes] [Shift+2 = No]. This way you won't queue, but still save you some frustration.

Feel free to add your own suggestions or improvements to it, it's just an idea quickly thrown together after all. :D
Post edited by luciphear on

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I disagree. I like the current queue system and I don't feel that it interrupts the game at all. Perhaps make an option to enable/disable profession alerts then?

Also, stacking queues defeats the purpose and nature of these risk/reward tasks. 8-hour tasks require less micromanagement but give slightly less rewards while 10minute tasks are the opposite. It is the same in every other profession-type minigame and even in other RTS/facebook/RPG/Simulation games, you name it.

If these truly bother you in that it ruins your game experience, I would just suggest for you to take the 8-hour profession tasks
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    have to agree 100%. the clicky-clicky system does nothing except aggravate arthritis and encourage carpal-tunnel. its mindless clicky clikc busy work for no purpose.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    10-20 min tasks are for those, who want to level prof fast and it most efficient for resource gathering. 8 hour tasks for lazy ones. I think, everything is ok. I leveled every profession, so I don't think it is a problem to level with current system.
  • Options
    thunderfoot23thunderfoot23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like the idea of queueing 10 minute tasks, especially for alchemy, it's incredibly frustrating to have to make 4 different things at 10 minutes each to do the 1 task you need to do to level.
    It NEEDS queueing. At the very least the rare quests that let you make 10 at a time need to happen more often and be available for every aspect.
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If a queue system was introduced Then the longer and shorter tasks would need to be balanced.

My main objection would be that such queues would encourage establishing afk production accounts more than now.

PS. Since Alchemy is by far the easiest and quickest to level, adding queueing would make it ridiculously easy. It'd be like giving a free slot. ;)
  • Options
    thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This thread does not directly address content on the preview shard, so I am moving it to the General Discussion.