test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's my ingame "handle and can I find it outside of the game?

fixitosisfixitosis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Inquiring minds want to know

Thanks in advance
Post edited by fixitosis on

Comments

• xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When you open the patcher & log in before it starts to download, your @handle should be shown in the top left of the patcher with the message "Welcome (your @handle name)."
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    When you open the patcher & log in before it starts to download, your @handle should be shown in the top left of the patcher with the message "Welcome (your @handle name)."

How is the @handle name determined? Is it created at some point or does it use a pre-existing name (i.e. username, forum name, or email)?
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it is created (chosen by you) at some point. I made my one some time ago when I first started Champions Online, but that was carried over to Star Trek Online & now Neverwinter, as you know they are all under the same company now.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah! It's the one you've chosen during the account creation process.

You can also sign in to your account (https://register.perfectworld.com/account), and the name in the top right-hand corner will be your @handle.

When you get in the game, you can right-click your character portrait to find it as well. :)
    xhatch wrote: »
    I think it is created (chosen by you) at some point. I made my one some time ago when I first started Champions Online, but that was carried over to Star Trek Online & now Neverwinter, as you know they are all under the same company now.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I don't recall having the option to make mine any different than my forum name. My handle is @Tinypyro, and I believe both are set to the name you used when creating the account by default? Not sure if it can be changed.
  • azharopiumazharopium Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sominator wrote: »

You can also sign in to your account (https://register.perfectworld.com/account), and the name in the top right-hand corner will be your @handle.

When you get in the game, you can right-click your character portrait to find it as well. :)

Are there any way to change the name you apparently at some point chose ? :)
  • xphantasmxxphantasmx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

In my case my Perfect World account name has nothing to do with the handle in game , so there has to be another option.
    It does however coincide with the name i have here on the forums i.e. Perfect World account = Forum name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If either of your publicly viewable names (your @handle or forum name) matches your account name that you use to log in they will change one of them for you since that is an account security risk. You request that with a support ticket including the reason as account security. Other than that, it is not a service they currently offer because it requires manual editing of several databases in different places.
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013

Thank You! For me it appears my handle name is my forum name which is what I figured it would be. Originally my forum/handle name was my Twitter user name for some reason and since I could not get PWE to change it (they never replied), I just created a new account. As for my username, it's something completely different and when I created it there was a message that it was not to be given out, so I assumed that also meant it probably was not going to be the handle name since that is going to be viewable.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I believe the issue was...handled.
  • aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my handle, forum, and login are all completely different. may be a pain between forums and ingame, but aside from my handle being massively long - eh.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    avean wrote: »
    my handle being massively long - eh.

Oh is it now ? :o
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013

AKA, use your face!
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remade my account to change my handle. Be sure to chose wisely, it cannot be changed (although if you're reading this you probably already created an account).
  • coffecakescoffecakes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If either of your publicly viewable names (your @handle or forum name) matches your account name that you use to log in they will change one of them for you since that is an account security risk.

So THEY messed up my handle? I saw that it was misspelled awhile back, but I had no idea why. I triple check my spelling on things, so I knew it wasn't me. I always figured it was because it had too many characters and thought "why couldn't they just take the 's' off the end?" Now I know.

And it can't be changed (at least, not easily)? That's some serious bull. Every time I see my own handle, I cringe.
    It's coffeecakes, not coffecakes! :mad:
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Just want to point out that this does not seem to be correct for everyone. The name in the top right corner of that page is my forum name. Not my in game handle.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • malukuamalukua Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what is my handle?
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Log onto the game. Hover or click on your own pic on the top left side of the screen. It will give Character@Handle.

You are given the choice, as I recall, when you register for the forums, to have your post name be you handle.

And it is just a program complying with what you enter. Gods know, even I type my email and password in incorrectly from time to time. Usually in direct proportion to the Skooma I have consumed. ;) So never blame passwords and handles on a Forum or Client. Unless you are loggin in at work, bad bad bad, a post-it note in a draw of your computer desk listing your logins and passwords should be find. And don't register while on Skooma.

I will tell you that it's interesting that this Forum tells me there should be 30 seconds between posts. When there is over an hour it tells me that I must wait 27,591 seconds between trying to post agains. Which litterally penalizes me for almost an hour between posts. And I don't thing it's a person, just faulty software that is likely strangeling the forums.

And I am a beta Founder. Seriously?!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Holy necro, Batman....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.