test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For the fastest rogues in Neverwinter

antonolinantonolin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hey there!

As everyone knows, alot of people do different bosses in fx. Castle Never, like ring farming or 4/4. All groups needs a TR to run through the dungeon, so i was just wondering if the experienced TRs could share some tips and tricks? I still find myself dying while running with hordes of mobs, so how do you survive? Which skills and tactics do you use?
Post edited by antonolin on

Comments

• Options
    n3rdlifen3rdlife Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Skulker's set for the 25% extra stealth which is broken right now it seems. Slot sneak attack for the extra speed in stealth. I use ITC, Bait and switch, shadow strike. After that you just have to learn the timing of when to use each encounter, it's pretty straight forward. Use LA if you are really having difficulty with it but once you get the timing down you won't need it. I have like 12 in INT so my build is by all means not a perma stealth.
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I never use skulkers, 1.5k recov with ITC Shadowstrike Bait n switch + lurker's should buy you enough time.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    aizenhart1aizenhart1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    Heres the Trick. Equip in All movement speed passives such as sneak attack. then put in Impossible to Catch, Bait and Switch and Shadow Strike. Lurkers Assault for Daily. Before you start the run make sure your AP is full. 1st off empty your stamina buy dodging through the mobs (Jump+Dodge practice doing it) once its empty, use stealth, just before stealth bar empties up use bait and switch, and use shadow strike before stealth depletes and finnaly impossible to catch. you will notcie that your stamina will be back on do so empty it...if your stealth hasnt refliled yet. go for lurkers. Wait for Lurker's Assault to end and whiel stealthed repeat the Bait and Switch process. once you master it you can run any dungeon then. Even the T2 Gauntlegrym...i do it most often but i think its patched now.
  • Options
    imthelonewolfimthelonewolf Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    aizenhart1 wrote: »
    Heres the Trick. Equip in All movement speed passives such as sneak attack. then put in Impossible to Catch, Bait and Switch and Shadow Strike. Lurkers Assault for Daily. Before you start the run make sure your AP is full. 1st off empty your stamina buy dodging through the mobs (Jump+Dodge practice doing it) once its empty, use stealth, just before stealth bar empties up use bait and switch, and use shadow strike before stealth depletes and finnaly impossible to catch. you will notcie that your stamina will be back on do so empty it...if your stealth hasnt refliled yet. go for lurkers. Wait for Lurker's Assault to end and whiel stealthed repeat the Bait and Switch process. once you master it you can run any dungeon then. Even the T2 Gauntlegrym...i do it most often but i think its patched now.

This. This is what I did.
    I only have 2 points in Bait and Switch and 1 point in Shadow Strike.
    Dont be afraid to pot.
  • Options
    mechcountmechcount Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You don't even need ITC (or even full ranks in anything), though it does help for the bosses!

Particularly in CNs 1st boss run, there's 2 (more, actually, but you only need the 2 if you have 3/3 sneak attack and skillful infiltrator) areas where you can safely fully recover stealth, 1 just before the long hallway with the miniboss and 1 right after.