test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seeking feedback/reviews/trades, The Cursed Armor of Steele

ambitionxpambitionxp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
The Cursed Armor of Steele
I'm trying to get my quest daily eligible. I am looking for people to review my quest, and I will do the same for yours (if you want). Feel free to post reviews in this or the spotlight thread, though I'd prefer bugs/mistakes (if any) to remain in this thread, if possible.

Thanks!

NW-DNR5AK4ZK

Mission Type: Solo Dungeon Quest
Average duration: 15-25 Minutes
Amount of Combat: Medium
Combat Difficulty: Medium to Easy
Puzzle Difficulty: Easy/Medium

Starts at: Protector's Enclave

Author tips:
"While in Protector's Enclave, you see a job request about a cursed suit of armor from the crypt of a soldier. It is signed by The Unspoken Order."
NW-DNR5AK4ZK
Post edited by ambitionxp on

Comments

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This was pretty neat. :) Good use of details and lighting, and portals. :)

I have a couple of notes that i'll send to you in a forum private message.
  • aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Played and reviewed it.

Good romp overall. Easy mode was perfect for my style of lazy casual quest clearing. :D
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • ambitionxpambitionxp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This was pretty neat. Good use of details and lighting, and portals.

I have a couple of notes that i'll send to you in a forum private message.

Thanks for the review and the PM. Your suggestions were helpful!
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK
  • docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Played through the adventure and left you a review + tip in-game. A nice, straight-forward adventure with an easy-to-follow story. I liked the somewhat surprise ending. (Heh... And here I thought I was about to open that big chest sitting next to me. Uh... nope! Not yet! :cool:)

I'd love to see more detailing in the environments, but what you've got is a great start. I also wish there was some way to develop the bad guy who owns the armor. What makes him so evil that would cause his armor to do... that... at the end of the adventure? Do we get to meet some of his victims or learn their stories? Can you paint him as an utterly savage villain? I think the whole quest might be more fun if I learned to really hate the bad guy here.

Good stuff!
  • winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ambition,

Your quest is really well put-together, and lots of fun to play. The endgame crypt is suitably creepy. I have a few suggestions, but they're all minor.

--Consider adding a frame to the door in the Order meeting room. I know it's not used for travel, but it would make the door look much more like it belongs there.
    --the Ghostly Adventurer's dialogue: "entrance" is misspelled.
    --it appears that the pedestal behind Steele might be floating just a few inches above ground. Tough to tell.

Otherwise, great stuff. Max tip!

I'd appreciate it if you could run through the second quest in my signature. Thanks. @Sintered
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
    edited August 2013
    I'd love to see more detailing in the environments, but what you've got is a great start. I also wish there was some way to develop the bad guy who owns the armor. What makes him so evil that would cause his armor to do... that... at the end of the adventure? Do we get to meet some of his victims or learn their stories? Can you paint him as an utterly savage villain? I think the whole quest might be more fun if I learned to really hate the bad guy here.

Good points. It'll be challenging to implement, but it's doable.
    --Consider adding a frame to the door in the Order meeting room. I know it's not used for travel, but it would make the door look much more like it belongs there.
    --the Ghostly Adventurer's dialogue: "entrance" is misspelled.
    --it appears that the pedestal behind Steele might be floating just a few inches above ground. Tough to tell.

Thanks. Fixed them.
    I'd appreciate it if you could run through the second quest in my signature. Thanks. @Sintered

Done. Played and reviewed it. I liked the use of acronyms among other things.
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If you would like to trade with me, The Brethren Song - NW-DDB3LWKMJ - I'll play your quest anyway since you asked nicely :) I'll send you a PM and post here when done.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
    edited August 2013
    If you would like to trade with me, The Brethren Song - NW-DDB3LWKMJ - I'll play your quest anyway since you asked nicely I'll send you a PM and post here when done.

Played/reviewed it. Very good quest. The environments were impressive.
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Going to play your quest today, well soon from now. Have a bump meanwhile :)
    I like turtles.

edited August 2013
    Going to play your quest today, well soon from now. Have a bump meanwhile

Thanks. I just updated it with some additional details and a harder difficulty setting. The setting is probably not as tough as your map, but it's close to it. :D
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK
  • janusthemadjanusthemad Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great quest overall. I especially liked the cavern map. The Translated Rune Book was left over in my inventory after completing the level and I had to discard it to grab the final reward :P Other than that, very good work.
    A Gladiator's Legacy - NW-DJLZO65TG
  • adylhereadylhere Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2013
    Well crafted atmosphere, I liked it, nice touch. The customized encounters make it nicely atmospheric. Pedantic map in a good sense.

You can try mine if you want NW-DM71LY21M
  • feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    A very enjoyable foundry quest.

Great lighting throughout, a very well put together story with many fine touches. A 5* adventure.

I also liked the creativity you put into designing the main monsters, and the way the thief's log helped the story-telling.

Just a couple of minor things:

- When leaving PE to enter the house, you could have "Press F to 'enter' the" at the moment it says 'go to'.
    - The doorway to enter the crypts was the same door I entered into the room from PE, maybe link the transition to a different door.
    - 2nd thief's book, typo "weathless"
    - In the final room, upon your return the armour is sunk into the ground to knee-height.

Please can you review mine too. Based on yours, I think you'll like it.

422 - Yeenoghu's Bride

NW-DUMTEJ9KZ

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?411131-Proud-to-present-for-reviews-422-Yeenoghu-s-Bride
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    finally able to play this. (had to remove a faulty vid card but the other still works)

good dungeon crawl with a great premise to add on new quests in the series being a new member of the order.
    story was good but as mentioned above we don't get any background on Steele (though it reminds me of the Warlord of Blood from Diablo lore) found a few things detail wise which i will PM you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
    edited August 2013
    Really liked this one :3
    I like turtles.

• vephidvephid Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    I'm always up for a nice hack and slash foundry, and this is one of them for sure. I'd suggest to add more details on the second map, since the first and last part were great and compared to the second map it feels like playing a different quest.

Good job!

PS: I wished to side with the general and help him to accomplish his task, that poor devil... :(
    Check out my campaign "A time of need" NWS-DK9TIAT7J! I'm still seeking and trading reviews, feel free to send me a message with your foundry code and I will play them as soon as possible.
  • andrew12sandrew12s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From the other input you have been getting it sounds like a good one NOT to miss. I will check it out and maybe I could you some of the things you are doing in mine.

Mine is not easily soloed and would probably be better in a group.

oops the E in the quest's code should be a 3. it should be NW-DNXLIDSL3
    It may not be perfect - YET - but loving Neverwinter's Foundry just the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    You can try mine if you want NW-DM71LY21M
    Please can you review mine too. Based on yours, I think you'll like it.

422 - Yeenoghu's Bride

NW-DUMTEJ9KZ

Done and done.

Thanks to everyone that has played it and given feedback so far. I appreciate it.
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK
  • etharylanetharylan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great job with this one. I had a blast in there. Really liked the cavern room. :)

Ran into a couple of bugs during one particular encounter (Undead Mages & Zombie Hulk). I played the quest on Normal mode. The encounter is an optional one (I'm guessing) that is near the spot where we find the key, but on our way to unlock the door.

1. I got knocked through the wall and fell to my death in blank space.
    2. The Zombie Hulk got stuck in the wall and was easily defeated.

I'm guessing that maybe the encounter(s) are a tad bit too close to the wall? Dunno for sure *shrug*.

Still, a great job nonetheless.
    Amulet of Misery Campaign (SC: NWS-DJINYJ9XK)
    Part 1: Friendly Foe (SC: NW-DTBNQUDYJ)
    Part 2: (Under Construction)
  • andrew12sandrew12s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A very well done quest. I liked it a lot especially the bridge of fire. I played it in normal mode and found it very challenging even with a companion. Used quite a few healing potions also.

Got confused at the last though when trying to put out the armor. I was expecting to see some token of it in my inventory. When there wasn't any, I looked around for something and didn't see the golden trail at first. When I did it was just barely visible probably because I was standing too close to the racks which weren't there at the start of the quest. Or at least I don't remember seeing them then. So that part of it might be made a little more intuitive.

All in all an excellent job.
    It may not be perfect - YET - but loving Neverwinter's Foundry just the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    1. I got knocked through the wall and fell to my death in blank space.
    2. The Zombie Hulk got stuck in the wall and was easily defeated.

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know about it.
    Got confused at the last though when trying to put out the armor. I was expecting to see some token of it in my inventory. When there wasn't any, I looked around for something and didn't see the golden trail at first. When I did it was just barely visible probably because I was standing too close to the racks which weren't there at the start of the quest. Or at least I don't remember seeing them then. So that part of it might be made a little more intuitive.

Changed so that the objective names are clearer.

I made a significant update with an enhanced ending and some more custom costumes. Next up is more detailing for the crypt! Thanks again everyone for the helpful feedback.
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK
    edited August 2013
    From the other input you have been getting it sounds like a good one NOT to miss. I will check it out and maybe I could you some of the things you are doing in mine.

Mine is not easily soloed and would probably be better in a group.

oops the E in the quest's code should be a 3. it should be NW-DNXLIDSL3.

Played and reviewed.

I've updated some more details on the crypt. If anyone sees any more bugs/issues in my quest, please let me know.
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ambitionxp wrote: »
    Played and reviewed.

I've updated some more details on the crypt. If anyone sees any more bugs/issues in my quest, please let me know.

Northern Justice NW-DJBL7N5V9

Review
    Maps: Good solid maps. I like the unspoken orders head quarters. Would love a little lore book in there to find out a little more about them.
    Story: Enjoyed the story especially as you worked your way into the dungeon. The armors history was tainted in a way it would host a curse. I would have liked an option to release Steele' torment.
    Combat: I am a very well geared level 60 with a good skill set. Liked the various mobs you used to set a challenge. Especially in the smaller area's. I used hard setting and enjoyed the challenge.

Overall I found it a extremely solid quest with a good story that I wanted a little more of, solid combat, good maps and a real worth while play.

Hope you enjoy some Northern Justice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Northern Justice NW-DJBL7N5V9
    Played/Reviewed. Nice quest, I enjoyed the story.
    Maps: Good solid maps. I like the unspoken orders head quarters. Would love a little lore book in there to find out a little more about them.
    Story: Enjoyed the story especially as you worked your way into the dungeon. The armors history was tainted in a way it would host a curse. I would have liked an option to release Steele' torment.

Both very good ideas. I've implemented them in the quest.

I've also finished custom costumes for the mobs. Hopefully they will look even better now visually.
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK