test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogues are OP, get that nerf bat.

slaadarslaadar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
Oh wait just kidding. Has anyone actually extensively played dungeons or PvP?

Sure, Rogues can output massive dps, but all it takes is one force choke and bye bye.

So really think before you start complaining about your rogue being so easy, or how op they are. If you haven't hit 60 and started T2 Dungeons, please stop. Just stop posting anything involving rogues being op.

Rogue is a striker, they output dps, that's pretty much it. They have some cc abilities (which btw don't actually stun or knock anyone prone) ((daze only stuns mobs, even then only normal mobs not bosses)). Which means you have to actually think about your positioning and who to target in dungeons, it's not a "HEY LOOK I CAN JUST KILL EVERYTHING" situation, sure you can bum-rush some dungeons, T1 of course. But at T2, you will die if you're out of position, you will die if you don't take the right skill set, and in fact you will get out-dps'ed if you have no idea what you are doing.

So please, stop making Rogues are OP. I have a 60 rogue with over 8.3k GS, and I wish, I honestly wished I had rolled a GF, CW, or DC. (Sorry GWF y'all in a heap of trouble right now).

So unless people here actually have a lvl 60 rogue running consistent T2 dungeons, or have played like 200 or more pvp matches, please stop posting Rogue's are OP, before more information and data is released.

Thank you.
Post edited by slaadar on

Comments

• tyler23434tyler23434 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slaadar wrote: »

Sure, Rogues can output massive dps, but all it takes is one force choke and bye bye.

So really think before you start complaining about your rogue being so easy, or how op they are. If you haven't hit 60 and started T2 Dungeons, please stop. Just stop posting anything involving rogues being op.

Rogue is a striker, they output dps, that's pretty much it. They have some cc abilities (which btw don't actually stun or knock anyone prone) ((daze only stuns mobs, even then only normal mobs not bosses)). Which means you have to actually think about your positioning and who to target in dungeons, it's not a "HEY LOOK I CAN JUST KILL EVERYTHING" situation, sure you can bum-rush some dungeons, T1 of course. But at T2, you will die if you're out of position, you will die if you don't take the right skill set, and in fact you will get out-dps'ed if you have no idea what you are doing.

So please, stop making Rogues are OP. I have a 60 rogue with over 8.3k GS, and I wish, I honestly wished I had rolled a GF, CW, or DC. (Sorry GWF y'all in a heap of trouble right now).

So unless people here actually have a lvl 60 rogue running consistent T2 dungeons, or have played like 200 or more pvp matches, please stop posting Rogue's are OP, before more information and data is released.

Thank you.

I mostly aggree with this but Good TR are op but there is enough bad ones to balance that out. Dazing strike makes more sense if you get hit by it and you see your entire bar get blocked out for 5-6 seconds. In this time you can not shift/tab/atwill/encounter. That is more then likely why mobs just stand there.
  • boojakaboojaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still think they should nerf CW and TR. I'm a lvl26 GWF with 1.5k power/548 armor penetration and I hardly take away 10% away before I die on a TR. The CW's can just keep teleporting around and around and I can't even get close. In PvE I also have feeling that I'm squishier then other classes. My main source of damage is my phoera pet, and if I use my Galeb Duhr I basicly take the aggro from it and I die....
    Barbarian.jpg
  • tyler23434tyler23434 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One of my biggest problem on my lv60cw is gwf that know when to do the rage and encounter slams. Try a new tactic or build if you current one isn't working for you
  • saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    so many complaints about rogues when even a gwf can kite them -_-
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    saythin wrote: »
    so many complaints about rogues when even a gwf can kite them -_-

lawl look it's the guy that "gets paid to pvp"
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lawl look it's the guy that "gets paid to pvp"

When a class devoted to kiting comes out (i.e. ARCHER RANGER) you can expect rogues to be obsolete except for disabling traps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazerusailazerusai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    balancing in pvp ok, as long as it wont affect the pve gameplay.
    at the moment i need to drink multiple potions in single dungeons or forge maps, sometimes up to 20.

the TR has two big problems:
    NO real AoE attack, he has two abilitys, one encounter that settles you down, so you are vulnerable, deals low damage.
    The other one is his Daily, this one is nice, but as all the other dailys it takes some tine until you can use it.

his second problem is his defense. because he has no aoe, he cant fight groups so well. Greatsword or Defender fighters can take some damage AND fight multiple enemys with the normal attack.
    Rogue only has high single target damage.
    also if the main target focuses the rogue, he is dead if he has no potions.
    and the beginning he is strong, but as soon as you get your first companion, his becomes very hard to play.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slaadar wrote: »

Funny you say that, a different thread talks about how you can build a rogue to be always stealthed, and never leave it, while attacking dungeon boss who ignores you for 20 minutes. If that's not OP, i don't know what is.
  • irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    boojaka wrote: »
    I still think they should nerf CW and TR. I'm a lvl26 GWF with 1.5k power/548 armor penetration and I hardly take away 10% away before I die on a TR. The CW's can just keep teleporting around and around and I can't even get close. In PvE I also have feeling that I'm squishier then other classes. My main source of damage is my phoera pet, and if I use my Galeb Duhr I basicly take the aggro from it and I die....

So because your class sucks (and that is still up in the air) so we should just nerf other classes? WOW just WOW.
  • vklorthovklortho Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    When a class devoted to kiting comes out (i.e. ARCHER RANGER) you can expect rogues to be obsolete except for disabling traps.

That's why CWs and TRs work together so well. It's hard to kite a rogue when you are being force choked.
  • boojakaboojaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irked01 wrote: »
    So because your class sucks (and that is still up in the air) so we should just nerf other classes? WOW just WOW.

It's kind of obvious the nerf things that are out of balance.
    Barbarian.jpg
  • robbieboirobbieboi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know about high lvls but in low lvls (15-30) the TR is ridiculously overpowered, does easily 2-3 times the dps as my GWF in dungeons or whatever. It also feels like GWF does the least damage of all the classes but TR is just too much, so easy to see that the class is OP in low lvls atleast. This is the same in PvP, never dies and does a ****load of dmg. I was thinking that maybe they are squishy in PvP atleast... nope, not the case. I hope this changes in high lvls but it still should be somewhat balanced throughout all the lvls as it makes lvling alot easier for some classes.
  • gildren0gildren0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry to chime in here, but the trickster rogue ability to attack and kill without risk due to their invisibility is utterly ridiculous.

Rogues character as are able to consistently kill without being seen at all in PvP. This has to end. The moment they attack, they need to be visible. When they stop attacking, then let them hide again, but the continuous un-defensible no risk attack is the reason so many -people dislike PvP in this game.
  • korlamaqkorlamaq Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    i can deal with almost every rogue... the big problem is that my skills dont work as they are supposed to for half of the time
  • uncleratunclerat Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gildren0 wrote: »
    Sorry to chime in here, but the trickster rogue ability to attack and kill without risk due to their invisibility is utterly ridiculous.

Rogues character as are able to consistently kill without being seen at all in PvP. This has to end. The moment they attack, they need to be visible. When they stop attacking, then let them hide again, but the continuous un-defensible no risk attack is the reason so many -people dislike PvP in this game.

I would've agreed with the concept of "when attacking be visible" but if you take the stealth from the rogue, he has nothing. The one high damage skill is not enough on any strong class, others are barely to shave some hp. A rogue can run after a GWF for 10 minutes and he will still survive sometimes.
  • snldrakosnldrako Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually Rogues are simply ridicoulus, I mean seriously, dazing, disabling, while being completely invisible? At level 44 if a TR sees me first I'm dead (CW). He easily overkilled me and I haven't even seen the **** thing. Yes, I could've choked him... If I could get a lock on him.
  • webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    robbieboi wrote: »
    I dont know about high lvls but in low lvls (15-30) the TR is ridiculously overpowered, does easily 2-3 times the dps as my GWF in dungeons or whatever. It also feels like GWF does the least damage of all the classes but TR is just too much, so easy to see that the class is OP in low lvls atleast. This is the same in PvP, never dies and does a ****load of dmg. I was thinking that maybe they are squishy in PvP atleast... nope, not the case. I hope this changes in high lvls but it still should be somewhat balanced throughout all the lvls as it makes lvling alot easier for some classes.

Gwf wait until level 35 before that you are nothing
  • vinibagvinibag Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tyler23434 wrote: »
    I mostly aggree with this but Good TR are op but there is enough bad ones to balance that out. Dazing strike makes more sense if you get hit by it and you see your entire bar get blocked out for 5-6 seconds. In this time you can not shift/tab/atwill/encounter. That is more then likely why mobs just stand there.

U don't know how to dodge dazing strike, u don't know how to play. Like duelist flurry, this skill is only usefull against gwf or gf because even if they are good players they can't dodge it.
    Learn to play first, then u can post. Sry dude but too many noobs posts on this forum and I don't wanna noobs rules the world.

U say "good TRs are op". A good NaaB should say "good players are op"
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Still love playing my Rogue, that being said she does basicly die from two hits by certain elite mobs. (I rarely PvP so can't say much about that.)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Bloody zombies.

The guy said the TR is OP 3 months ago.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Some powerful Necromancy happening here to retrieve this so far from grasp of Kelemvor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • korden1korden1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    just saying as a 20k geared pvp player, i got 50k damage by a rogue in a single shot. Here is the log, tell me just if this is normal.

13zcs38.png
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please read and abide by our rule on thread necromancy. Kelemvor thanks you for your obedience.:
    Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.