test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any word on Dual Spec yet?

rasmenar2112rasmenar2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Any word on if they are going to introduce Dual Spec yet? It's a feature I'd gladly pay cash money for, if it makes it into the game... perhaps as a permanent unlock for one character?

I just think it's a little bit silly that I would have to either spend an entire week farming to get enough AD or drop cash to swap from a PVP focused spec to a PVE focused spec... You can generally get a good set of powers for one or the other, but feats require change to optimize them for pvp or pve.

Any confirmation or denial from the devs so far about dual spec? If there's confirmation, a source would be awesome - I didn't find much after a preliminary search.
Alone in the darkness, that is where you truly discover yourself. Without self, without the core of your identity, you are nothing. - Rasmenar
Post edited by rasmenar2112 on

Comments

• k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At the very least I could do for some skill and gear loadouts. I would drop piles of AD on that!
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • rasmenar2112rasmenar2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm hoping for some sort of confirmation on dual spec... it's really the least they could do. There's already such a huge, prevalent paywall and obvious pay2win features all over the rest of the game... they could at least add something that's a real convenience instead of easier ways to min/max your gear, or get a shiny mount/companion.
    Alone in the darkness, that is where you truly discover yourself. Without self, without the core of your identity, you are nothing. - Rasmenar
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am opposed to the idea of dual specs - that is allowing people to flip between entirely different sets of skills/feats - in my opinion, once you have chosen your skills and feats in the first place you should be stuck with them.

What I would like, however, is the ability to select different configurations of equipment, companions and powers in use. I personally have two configurations - one for solo (foundry/feywild) and one for dungeons. I use different companions, and swap out some powers - I don't do PvP, but if I did, I probably would have a third configuration for that.

This is just a matter of convenience, and I have no objections to paying to convenience - getting additional configuartion slots like that is something I'd be willing to some Zen for.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah I dont think dual spec would be good for this game, I mean you have the choice to decide what your skills and feats are, some shine on pvp and some shine on pve for their specs, you cant have everything in this world lol
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    schulz87 wrote: »
    yeah I dont think dual spec would be good for this game, I mean you have the choice to decide what your skills and feats are, some shine on pvp and some shine on pve for their specs, you cant have everything in this world lol

Actually you can:)
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • utharqcutharqc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    k4pnkrunch wrote: »
    At the very least I could do for some skill and gear loadouts. I would drop piles of AD on that!

Yes, take my AD plz !