test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Current price of Jeweled Idol

zmk69zmk69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi guys and gals I just wanted to ask how much is worth Jeweled Idol these days? I mean will anyone trade me for a key or I will just look stupid?
Post edited by zmk69 on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Exactly 40k AD.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Then this is something that I don't get: why do they sell for like 44K AD + on the AH, would someone not simply keep his/her 44K for something that is ONLY worth 40K AD? I am just completely confused about the entire sell of these on the AH!

Are they maybe used as some kind of bartering commodity that I am unaware off?

Anyhow I would much rather keep my 40K AD then spend more just to get less.............
  • echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From what I understand, they're really quick ways to transfer AD between people. And the auction house charges a fee, so the seller's trying to recoup that at least.

I dunno, personally I sell them, not buy them, and they almost always sell.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    Idols are an intermediary item that when bought for gold between players can be exchanged into AD, and then Zen or whatever. The fact that they are 44kad in AH is probably a reflection of the seller tacking on the AH Fee so that they don't lose out.

I'd like to see ALL intermediate Gold-to-AD conversion items like this removed from the game or made BoP, as it allows the less scrupulous a method to interact with gold farmers.
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You explanations still do not make sense. You mention transfer AD between themselves............Then why the heck does not the seller just go and trade it in to Rhix and get his 40K Ad end of story.

Call me stupid, this is entirely nonsense. If you are trading it between players on your own account, would you simply not mail it to your alt? Then I would be even more stupid to spend the extra 4K AD to cover the charges of the AH from the seller. Wow, I will just keep my AD and buy something with it the exact same way that the seller could have if he/she traded it in with Rhix.

Just so completely nonsense in my view.

Hey Man, I will put 100$ in my bank account and sell you a one time Pin number for $105.00, pay me and take out the money and you will walk out with $100.00 Great deal! Does that not sound fair?
    edited August 2013
    @radiick507

I mean transfer between players, not characters. Let's say you wanted to trade AD/Zen for gold. Idols are the best way to do so.

The buyers are paying a little extra for the convenience, as for the sellers, they make a very small profit. Think of it like an ATM fee.
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
    edited August 2013
    echokazul wrote: »
    @radiick507

I mean transfer between players, not characters. Let's say you wanted to trade AD/Zen for gold. Idols are the best way to do so.

Thank you thank you, now i get it and now I don't, Gold is worthless in this game so far, well for me at least, except for some crafting commodities, I haven't needed or used Gold in ages, another reason why I practically give everything I craft away.

So now people take the Idol and sell it to who? and for how much? Wow this is more complicated than Santa Claus vacationing on Easter Island in July................Sorry I am a Historian not an Economist!!! LOL!
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lets say your younger sister starts playing NWO she is upset that she has no ad to buy stuff with. the easiest way to get her ad is hand her an idol. and yes you might be able to get a key for them if the current key rate is between 35-45k

now if idols go below 40k they get snatched up really fast because anyone who lists it under 44k is losing money (40k+10% fees) so 44 k is the least you can realistically buy them for unless someone posts them without knowing what they are, at one point I managed to find someone who sold 2 for 44k and I was like woohoo probably someone who had a stack splitting fail.

I think a good solution to the gold/ad issues is make a AD-Gold exchange just like we have a ad-Zen exchange that would balance the exchange rates a bit. since the exchange doesn't have to worry bout 10% fees.

now depending on things crafting is actually a decent reason to use gold since most the AH prices are pretty insane for stuff you can just buy for gold, I got a spreadsheet that evaluates the exchange rate of items you can buy for ad and sell for gold to see what gets the best return. and to see if the AH rate on these goods is good or bad. its also good to know how many ad in a gold when factoring the cost of making a dye pack. or determining weather to make or just buy that healing potion.
    edited August 2013
    Gold becomes more valuable once you hit cap and run epic dungeons and such. You'll burn through potions and kits like you wouldn't believe sometimes. Honestly, though, I'm not a big gold trader, thus I'm not sure of the current rate of Gold to AD is.

It's like a lot of games, if there's more then one currency and they're interchangable, there's going to be a conversion rate/market to convert them.
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
    edited August 2013
    Hey, you guys/gals are awesome trying to explain to a 50 year old Grandfather who absolutely hates anything to do with money trading issues and the likes (left winger here), I am still completely perplexed on why they are on the AH and why someone would be stupid enough to purchase them at higher rates than 40K AD.

Like mentioned here my younger sister would need AD, I would simply give her an Idol, not purchase one and loose out on it, now if I do not have an Idol but tons of AD, now I understand the reasoning.

I must be lucky with Idols as I have had times where 5 or 6 pop up in a row out of Nightmare Chests, not so lucky with the Bird and Fire horse though. I remember once I had over 25 of them in my inventory from opening chests, I have given plenty away to other Guildmates over time or trade it some in to Rhix and expanded our Guild Bank slot.

Now this does goes with how much real money you are willing to use to buy those keys in the first place.

I am pretty sure I get it now, I would simply have preferred anyone just trading them via player to player (minus those crook issues in trading though), where no one looses money and no one make money, but that would take a perfect world to have that kind of scenario......Much appreciated gang!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two primary reasons.

They are an easy way to trade a large amount of AD. If someone wants to sell an item for AD he can advertise in /Zone but has no way of knowing if any interested buyer will actually do so once he puts it up in the AH. However he can trade the item for an idol.

Second - well remember when Caturday occurred? At least some people were trying to hide their AD by transferring it to a different form thereby making it more difficult to track. Same thing here I assume for RMT. Same also applies with keys, etc.....
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok here is the question I have for you radiick where do you get the idol.

Idols do NOT sell from a vendor they ONLY sell to a vendor

people get idols out of lockboxes which they sell on AH to buy more keys or just cash them in for 40k.\

if your SELLING the idol your crazy to sell them below 44k cause then your losing $
    unless you don't know idols can be given to rhix for 40k.

If your BUYING an idol for your sister you DO have lots of ad and or gold and no idols so you have a choice
    1 buy keys for 60k each hope you get an idol from a box
    2 yell out in zone WTB idol for gold and they will probably rip you off royally in the conversion.
    3 buy and idol for 44k from ah swallow 4 k and give your sister the idol.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or you can simply trade them an item which sells quickly for AD, like some R5 enchantments. Of course, it may also be a matter of not wanting to wait for that to go through...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums