test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game...

morbidfunmorbidfun Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Dungeon delve. Queue for days, can't finish a dungeon because people want jump around a die. Respawn somehow further away than where you started.

People leave cos they don't know how to do this, me included.

No loot received, because it's not the stupid dungeon delve time.

PVP gives you 200 glory for 20 minutes for fighting, during the event.

Prices that require you to slave away for months just to afford stuff, that you cant afford cos of whats happening above.

BOP? What the hell?

So even when I get stuff, I can't sell it?
Post edited by morbidfun on

Comments

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    If dungeons weren't exploitable... people would do dungeons as intended...prices on items would rise...your loot would be more worthy.

Exploiting is simply destroying this game as some people like to bypass whole dungeon just to fight one boss. It is destroying the content purpose and the gameplay. But then again...people wouldn't exploit if they hadn't had to fight billion and **** loads of useless monsters on the way to the bosses.

Dungeon Delves is all about the loot, so people go in and bypass the content as much as they can to achieve as much as possible runs in the 1 hour of the delves.

If you want people to stop exploiting better ask cryptic to make the "trash" mobs drop something worth selling.
  • kanekorstenkanekorsten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a problem with solutions, and one that's had many folks offer up good and equitable ones. It's just not a big priority right now because the mass selling of items for AD by some folks has a causative effect of some people buying Zen to convert to AD, and as long as that remains profitable, there will be no changes.
  • morbidfunmorbidfun Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ^exactly

I'm sorry, I posted while still feeling pretty pissed off.
  • evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    But then again...people wouldn't exploit if they hadn't had to fight billion and **** loads of useless monsters on the way to the bosses.

Even if during dungeon delves each and every dungeon would turn into a giant lawn with ponies and rabbits frolicking among the flowers, and five chests full of best epic loot possible will spawn near the first campsite - players will still have a "valid set of reasons" to cheat. It's just when cheating isn't punished, it turns into new norm, and those who don't believe that cheating is necessary would be frowned upon.

Just think about it: a chest with guaranteed loot. What more do you want? Adds fighting boss for you?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I understand your frustrations completely and encourage you to express your opinions but the best discussions are born from calmer thoughts presenting both the issues and proposed solutions. ;)

I toned down your posts to prevent more trolling comments but feel free to edit it further if you wish.

Food for Thought: While not avoiding the filter will generally be overlooked if you use too many vulgar words within a thread it loses much chance to be productive. While not an outright rule it's better to use them sparingly for the sake of the intended discussion. :D
  • daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    What more do you want? Adds fighting boss for you?

Yes please! We need an Enchanter Class!
    edited August 2013
    Yes please! We need an Enchanter Class!

It most likely won't be viable in current PvP, although I'd love to control a rogue/gwf and force him to mash his own team.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Even if during dungeon delves each and every dungeon would turn into a giant lawn with ponies and rabbits frolicking among the flowers, and five chests full of best epic loot possible will spawn near the first campsite - players will still have a "valid set of reasons" to cheat. It's just when cheating isn't punished, it turns into new norm, and those who don't believe that cheating is necessary would be frowned upon.

Just think about it: a chest with guaranteed loot. What more do you want? Adds fighting boss for you?

If monsters, on your way to bosses, drops something worthy players would also have "valid reasons" to kill them instead of skipping them. Especially that prices on T2 pieces are laughable due to the ease of getting them.
    edited August 2013
    If monsters, on your way to bosses, drops something worthy players would also have "valid reasons" to kill them instead of skipping them. Especially that prices on T2 pieces are laughable due to the ease of getting them.

Mobs drop gold, crafting mats, id scrolls, pots, enchantments, valuable things. This is what I've spoke of, actually - different view of the game thanks to all the cheating which dramatically changed the whole Neverwineter's landscape through AH. Although yes, excessive grinding is hardly fun, but neither is cheating, both are forcing the gaming experience to lose value.
    edited August 2013
    Mobs drop gold, crafting mats, id scrolls, pots, enchantments, valuable things. This is what I've spoke of, actually - different view of the game thanks to all the cheating which dramatically changed the whole Neverwineter's landscape through AH. Although yes, excessive grinding is hardly fun, but neither is cheating, both are forcing the gaming experience to lose value.

Cheating/Exploiting is driving many players away. I've paid real money for my guardian pack and i would never pay another single dime if the game stays the same.

I usually like to support the games i play, but i also expect the game owners to fix the flaws without destroying the core of the game play.

But what i see here is the moment something is fixed, something else is ruined.

For example in Epic karrandux, they disabled they ability to lure bosses away and i actually liked the idea. But I was surprised that the boss actually spawn many adds that you cant kite, in addition to giant brutes.

It requires a minimum 11k+ party to kill the boss legitimately, but for a 8.6 GS party ( which is the dungeon's minimum requirements) they will never get past the first boss if they do it as intended.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    morbidfun wrote: »
    Dungeon delve. Queue for days, can't finish a dungeon because people want jump around a die. Respawn somehow further away than where you started.

People leave cos they don't know how to do this, me included.

No loot received, because it's not the stupid dungeon delve time.

PVP gives you 200 glory for 20 minutes for fighting, during the event.

Prices that require you to slave away for months just to afford stuff, that you cant afford cos of whats happening above.

BOP? What the hell?

So even when I get stuff, I can't sell it?

Trust me, if cant do the dungeons now as they are u will have a big problem when they fix al the exploits.

Its funny to see people whinning about exploits and they are right to do it but as soon cryptic fix all the exploits u will see toons of people whinning in foruns saing they are to dificult to do and unfortenly cryptic will listen to the whinners and reduce T1/T2 dificulty.

Thats my prediction for the next couple of months.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, i want this exploits fixed more than any update, content or anything else... like i said in this forum before i think it should be Cryptic top priority, hell they could even place some invisible walls to avoid some exploits while designers dont fix it.... they did that to avoid parkour in protector enclave, why the hell they cant do it in some delves ?
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    Trust me, if cant do the dungeons now as they are u will have a big problem when they fix al the exploits.

Its funny to see people whinning about exploits and they are right to do it but as soon cryptic fix all the exploits u will see toons of people whinning in foruns saing they are to dificult to do and unfortenly cryptic will listen to the whinners and reduce T1/T2 dificulty.

Thats my prediction for the next couple of months.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, i want this exploits fixed more than any update, content or anything else... like i said in this forum before i think it should be Cryptic top priority, hell they could even place some invisible walls to avoid some exploits while designers dont fix it.... they did that to avoid parkour in protector enclave, why the hell they cant do it in some delves ?

I personally think they put exploits in dungeons on purpose because some of them are painfully obvious and easily fixable. I won't say what exploits but anybody that do them can see it's a "path" hence why they call it a shortcut. Maybe a developer put it there just so people won't have to fight a million adds.;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited August 2013
    I personally think they put exploits in dungeons on purpose because some of them are painfully obvious and easily fixable. I won't say what exploits but anybody that do them can see it's a "path" hence why they call it a shortcut. Maybe a developer put it there just so people won't have to fight a million adds.;)

If people don't want to "fight a million adds" (but they have to when adds spawn near boss, no shortcuts in the boss areas, afaik), they should simply buy their gear on AH. Fighting monsters are kinda important in this game, you see, because that's the reason why players even need the gear - to fight the same monsters more efficiently or to fight some other monsters who happen to be slightly more powerful. When you remove "monsters" from equation, you remove the reason for players to play.
  • dissengulp71dissengulp71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I couldn't agree more. I love how some actually try and justify exploits and cheating. I constantly see many saying the trash mobs should drop better loot. What are they looking for it is trash mobs meant to defend a pathway to a boss they are "cannon fodder" they aren't going to be carrying a t1 or t2 epic piece of gear. I do agree they could add some variety to the drops from all mobs and maybe some cool super rare random drops from these mobs instead of piles of level 60 green items you have to ID to sell at face value. That being said it still doesn't justify bypassing mobs via an exploit. It is cheating and can't be justified or validated. Clearly many are driven by greed versus playing with integrity, honesty and ethics.
    Frothy Ironanvil, Lvl 60 Dwarven Cleric
    Leader, Stormblades
    Dragon Shard
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited August 2013
    Dear Cryptic/Perfect World.

Start your Steam-Account. Search for "The secret world". Buy it. Play the first two dungeons. Learn and adapt into your own game.
    Thank you.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I would be willing to bet that if the exploits were to be fixed, you would also partially solve the hour plus queue time problem. I won't queue for dungeons anymore because chances are that 2 or 3 of the others just want to zerg/exploit their way through ruining the whole dungeon experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I personally like not cheating because i play the game to enjoy the content. I can understand ppls reasons for wantimg to get thru asap, but i feel if we had toclear the dungeons without the cheeses the overall health of the game would be much better. I also feel a big problem is that most dungeons are to difficult for a large portion of groups attempting them. On to my point though, what do you all think he best solutions are, and for those who dont care about cheesing thru a dungeon, what rewards (reasonable ones) would make you start clearing most of the trash? Logical constructive feedback is going to get solutions, not arguing principle and nonsense, so lets hear some!
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »

I think you're right.

I loved the game per-60. Everything fits, the scenery, the graphics, quests and dungeons. the Foundry and PvP are nice side-activities but can also be the main source of xp. All in all, I agree with the reviews that this is probably one of the best free-MMO's around.

Pre-60.

Once I hit 60 everything changed. By then it's all, and only, about gearscore and PvP is all about uberenchants.

I liked the dungeons pre-60, they were fun ways to get random people working together on a common goal, and actually being able to succeed in that. Epic dungeons are a mess. Same dungeon but made 'harder' by endless spawning mobs that one-two-shot kill anyone who thought having the gearscore to get in that dungeon actually means being able to finish that dungeon. It doesn't.

I've got all 5 classes in gear between 8.6k and 10.5k and have yet to finish any T2 with a group of similar gearscore. Every time we wipe at the endboss, trailing 40+ mobs around or being insta-gibbed when a bunch spawns and gangs up on one member. It's frustrating and not fun at all.

I also don't see a way to get my gearscore up. Sure I can buy stuff from the AH, but how do I get the AD's? I'm not talking 100k, I'm talking the BiS stuff, the stuff you need to finish a T2, the stuff that literally costs millions. I can't farm T2's because I don't have the gear. T1 stuff sells for peanuts, so not an option there.

Way I see it, you need T2 uberstuff to finish T2 dungeons in order to sell the T2 stuff you need to buy the T2 stuff you need to finish T2 dungeons. I just don't think it's enjoyable to keep failing at T2's until I miraculously acquire the gear that makes me be able to .... run T2's.

I'd really like to know how other people are doing this. How do you get from a gearscore of 8.4 to 11+? (without turning $$ into AD's)

There are plenty of other stuff I'm seriously disappointed with, botting, exploits and bugs that take months to fix, if they even do get fixed. But endgame for me, is beginning to be the last straw.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cheating/Exploiting is driving many players away. I've paid real money for my guardian pack and i would never pay another single dime if the game stays the same.

Basically this. In addition I would (and have) advised anyone asking about the game on other forums to do the same.
  • dissengulp71dissengulp71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chidy1776 wrote: »
    Logical constructive feedback is going to get solutions, not arguing principle and nonsense, so lets hear some!

It is kind of sad really because the reward was supposed to be the experience of finishing the delve and successfully defeating all bosses but clearly that isn't enough. This is magnified by the event timer as how many run delves outside the timer? The event timer both hurts and helps the game - seriously needs to be revamped imho. Also some of the items the mobs drop is useful, albeit not enough to stop those from cheating their way to the bosses. Honestly there is WAY too many level 60 green items that have to be ID'd to sell at face value.

Add a rare drop loot table for the trash mobs and make it worth while. Use rare items already found in-game in various areas that is completely random as to prevent it from being farmed from one particular mob. Make it a T5+ Enchantment, dye kit, cosmetic item, companion / mount training manuals, armor / weapon enchantment items, coalescent wards and preservation wards, uncommon to rare companion, etc. Make it so that it is something a player could use or sell if they don't want or need it. There is PLENTY of cool things they can add and with some control over the drop rate can be done in a manner to encourage clearing trash mobs without undermining the game's economy the way the exploiters are. Heck add a small bundle of tarmalune trade bars, enough as to make it worth maybe buying a key or two to acquire something nice from the barterer but also enough to make it worth running a delve more often for a chance to get more.

If they intend to do something with the Achievement Points, which I have to assume they will sometime make a slayer achievement for each delve to further add incentive.

Also add a penalty of sorts for bypassing x number of mobs that make the bosses extremely difficult, well beyond their current difficulty. A mechanic where his minions will come to it's aid or a buff to make the boss impossible to defeat.

It is kind of a bummer something has to be done but clearly so many are exploiting / cheating the devs need to change something. It is very true that if you queue you may find yourself in a group with 1 or more who insist on exploiting and then things usually get ugly.
    Frothy Ironanvil, Lvl 60 Dwarven Cleric
    Leader, Stormblades
    Dragon Shard
  • herazmanherazman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    I think you're right.

I loved the game per-60. Everything fits, the scenery, the graphics, quests and dungeons. the Foundry and PvP are nice side-activities but can also be the main source of xp. All in all, I agree with the reviews that this is probably one of the best free-MMO's around.

Pre-60.

Once I hit 60 everything changed. By then it's all, and only, about gearscore and PvP is all about uberenchants.

I liked the dungeons pre-60, they were fun ways to get random people working together on a common goal, and actually being able to succeed in that. Epic dungeons are a mess. Same dungeon but made 'harder' by endless spawning mobs that one-two-shot kill anyone who thought having the gearscore to get in that dungeon actually means being able to finish that dungeon. It doesn't.

I've got all 5 classes in gear between 8.6k and 10.5k and have yet to finish any T2 with a group of similar gearscore. Every time we wipe at the endboss, trailing 40+ mobs around or being insta-gibbed when a bunch spawns and gangs up on one member. It's frustrating and not fun at all.

I also don't see a way to get my gearscore up. Sure I can buy stuff from the AH, but how do I get the AD's? I'm not talking 100k, I'm talking the BiS stuff, the stuff you need to finish a T2, the stuff that literally costs millions. I can't farm T2's because I don't have the gear. T1 stuff sells for peanuts, so not an option there.

Way I see it, you need T2 uberstuff to finish T2 dungeons in order to sell the T2 stuff you need to buy the T2 stuff you need to finish T2 dungeons. I just don't think it's enjoyable to keep failing at T2's until I miraculously acquire the gear that makes me be able to .... run T2's.

I'd really like to know how other people are doing this. How do you get from a gearscore of 8.4 to 11+? (without turning $$ into AD's)

There are plenty of other stuff I'm seriously disappointed with, botting, exploits and bugs that take months to fix, if they even do get fixed. But endgame for me, is beginning to be the last straw.

Spot on. The experience needed for T2-dungeons isn't about boss mechanics etc, instead you must know how to glitch or skip content or no one will invite you. This makes it hard for new players regardless of skills.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It most likely won't be viable in current PvP, although I'd love to control a rogue/gwf and force him to mash his own team.
    That would be hilarious to watch! lol and the rage threads that would ensue xD
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I couldn't agree more. I love how some actually try and justify exploits and cheating. I constantly see many saying the trash mobs should drop better loot. What are they looking for it is trash mobs meant to defend a pathway to a boss they are "cannon fodder" they aren't going to be carrying a t1 or t2 epic piece of gear. I do agree they could add some variety to the drops from all mobs and maybe some cool super rare random drops from these mobs instead of piles of level 60 green items you have to ID to sell at face value. That being said it still doesn't justify bypassing mobs via an exploit. It is cheating and can't be justified or validated. Clearly many are driven by greed versus playing with integrity, honesty and ethics.

I agree that it is unethical, but to be honest the DD design very much encourages this, due to the timer, the reward, and the comparative lack of reward outside of DD. It's a design that encourages speed runs.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1.) You need to find a guild. People who run dungeons and want you to run them as the guild.

2.) Developers need dungeons to want more then just CWs and DCs. You should want a Guardian Fighter or a GWF. The dungeons are add heavy and discourage a lot of class makeups and playstyles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]